Debate Mansion

   

Flirting vs. Friendliness

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Joined: 11 August 2005

Posts: 1777

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 3:22pm | IP Logged

Out of curiosity, is it possible for friendliness, want to be connected, frolic comments to be taken as flirting? How can being open, and giving a complement or sharing a thing or two be counted as flirting instead of just seeking friendship?Confused (Pardon me, really inexperienced here, and sort of a people pleaser, and have been accused of flirtingCryLOL)

Wondering if people usually make friends with people of same age group? Or wide range okay?Confused I can't seem to make friends my age, always going for older or younger people... and it happens naturally!LOL Anybody with an answer??? Embarrassed I don't think I have a good opinion on people my ageConfusedLOL

Okay, I am not making more posts for at least a week.Angry

Persy

 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Flirting vs. Friendliness" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Joined: 11 August 2005

Posts: 1777

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by egghatcher

that is so synecdocal
part for the whole concept
flirtation can be engulfed in friendship
but the opposite might distort the advance of friendship if wrong signals are sent or interpreted
friendship as opposed to acquaintanceship is much more staid ..... flirtations and acquaintanceship are fickle elements not able to stand on their legs be it one two or three.. LOL

What does the word 'synecdocal' mean? Can't find in dictionary. Embarrassed

freindship has no age limit ...  check out nishabdWink

I havne't seen the movie, but pleassssssssse, after hearing what people got to say on it, I think it must be Dead .. twisted idea of friendship, possibly.

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Joined: 11 August 2005

Posts: 1777

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 3:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by egghatcher

Originally posted by reeps

ConfusedLOL

Okay, I am not making more posts for at least a week.Angry

Persy

 

i refuse to take this threat seriousl y LOL

LOL you tell me why? I have made at least 6-7 posts in the last 24 hours. I think it is time for me to give it a rest; it is more of a note to self than a threat.Embarrassed

ChameliKaYaar

IF-Rockerz

ChameliKaYaar

Joined: 19 February 2006

Posts: 9814

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
Big smile
Originally posted by reeps

Out of curiosity, is it possible for friendliness, want to be connected, frolic comments to be taken as flirting? How can being open, and giving a complement or sharing a thing or two be counted as flirting instead of just seeking friendship?Confused (Pardon me, really inexperienced here, and sort of a people pleaser, and have been accused of flirtingCryLOL)

Wondering if people usually make friends with people of same age group? Or wide range okay?Confused I can't seem to make friends my age, always going for older or younger people... and it happens naturally!LOL Anybody with an answer??? Embarrassed I don't think I have a good opinion on people my ageConfusedLOL

Okay, I am not making more posts for at least a week.Angry

Persy

 

No lack of experience here....need some lessons?LOL...offered gratis to people of opposite sex....LOL

On a serious note.....there is really no golden rule to differentiate friendship with flirtatiousness...Let's take a couple of cases.....

Boy to boy: Girl to girl: They can banter with each other, be straight talkers, eitherway it will be considered friendship.

Boy to girl and vice versa: The entire chemistry changes. A banter or subtle innuendos (as the ones that passed in the beginning of my post) could be misconstrued as an act of flirtation. Is that a truth? I don't know. Depends on how you define it. But I would not hesitate to take a crack or pot-shot at any post which invites subtle humor, be it from a boy or a girl. On the other hand, if I communicated with a straight face, I could be termed either a "friend" or a "spiceless acquaintenace". And if this is true.....I would pass myself being a flirt.....can't live without humor.....Big smile

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Joined: 25 September 2005

Posts: 11613

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ChameliKaYaar

[ No lack of experience here....need some lessons?LOL...offered gratis to people of opposite sex....LOL

On a serious note.....there is really no golden rule to differentiate friendship with flirtatiousness...Let's take a couple of cases.....

Boy to boy: Girl to girl: They can banter with each other, be straight talkers, eitherway it will be considered friendship.

Boy to girl and vice versa: The entire chemistry changes. A banter or subtle innuendos (as the ones that passed in the beginning of my post) could be misconstrued as an act of flirtation. Is that a truth? I don't know. Depends on how you define it. But I would not hesitate to take a crack or pot-shot at any post which invites subtle humor, be it from a boy or a girl. On the other hand, if I communicated with a straight face, I could be termed either a "friend" or a "spiceless acquaintenace". And if this is true.....I would pass myself being a flirt.....can't live without humor.....Big smile



Great post Mr Chameli ClapClap and well-said!! 
Flirting is an art Tongue and great fun when meant for fun Big smile  ..
when mutual feelings are not hurt Embarrassed and intentions are kind.


Edited by mermaid_QT - 30 March 2007 at 4:28pm

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Joined: 23 August 2006

Posts: 3152

Posted: 20 April 2007 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Interesting post !

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Joined: 03 December 2006

Posts: 5952

Posted: 20 April 2007 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tania.ganguly

Originally posted by egghatcher

freindship has no age limit ...  check out nishabdWink

I agree with the first part,Clap but you did a total volte face with the nishabd referenceThumbs Down

LOLLOL... so tish you were with let thumb up and right thumb down in a bharat natyam kinda pose.....LOL

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Joined: 18 January 2006

Posts: 2842

Posted: 20 April 2007 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by tania.ganguly

Originally posted by egghatcher

freindship has no age limit ...  check out nishabdWink

I agree with the first part,Clap but you did a total volte face with the nishabd referenceThumbs Down

LOLLOL... so tish you were with let thumb up and right thumb down in a bharat natyam kinda pose.....LOL

 LOL LOL LOL .. Qwertoo.. you into classical dancing too? Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Feminine charm and flirting and sexual harassment

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Summer3 73 3476 09 November 2009 at 2:00am
By Summer3
Flirting is an ART !

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12

return_to_hades 93 3296 06 September 2009 at 10:04pm
By return_to_hades
Flirting, a type of Sexual Harassment ?

2 3

persistence 22 1959 02 August 2007 at 2:56pm
By Meena1
Virtual flirting ...good or bad

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11

Swar_Raj 81 4184 24 July 2007 at 9:30pm
By chatbuster
Friendliness vs. Friendship

2 3

persistence 18 1242 02 May 2007 at 9:19am
By IdeaQueen

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.