Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 12:46am | IP Logged

Hi,

How many of you have read Orwell's 1984? Remember the huge posters of Big Brother (BB)? warning janta that he/she is being watched? How about the cameras implanted in houses, and people being used to these cameras? And scared of their own thoughts, just in case BB was watching! Phew!

I read an article not too long ago. A company is trying to market x-ray machines that scan humans at airports; the identity of the person and the body come on two different screens, basically a person appears nude on another screen, face distorted and another for recognition.... this is all to prevent terrorist acts. NO more strip-searching! No more can terrorists hide! The article talked of privacy, main hindrance to implementing such a thing! The article ended on funny note of how govt. just might sell revealing pix/or can't guarantee that pix won't land up on google somehow.

My question is how far can the govt go???? How much are you willing to sacrifice for your safety???? HOw much is too much interference???? I know I wouldn't feel comfortable being screenedDead. Can the govt. actually brainwash us into accepting such a thing? After all, we have accepted plenty of other things!LOL 

What do you think?Smile

Persy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Big Brother is Watching You!" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by reeps

Hi,

How many of you have read Orwell's 1984? Remember the huge posters of Big Brother (BB)? warning janta that he/she is being watched? How about the cameras implanted in houses, and people being used to these cameras? And scared of their own thoughts, just in case BB was watching! Phew!

I read an article not too long ago. A company is trying to market x-ray machines that scan humans at airports; the identity of the person and the body come on two different screens, basically a person appears nude on another screen, face distorted and another for recognition.... this is all to prevent terrorist acts. NO more strip-searching! No more can terrorists hide! The article talked of privacy, main hindrance to implementing such a thing! The article ended on funny note of how govt. just might sell revealing pix/or can't guarantee that pix won't land up on google somehow.

The ACLU will tie it up in legal battles for so long, the company will go bankruptLOL

My question is how far can the govt go????

Privacy is a relative term, I think Govt can invade your privacy(as in checking your belonging, doing body search on you etc) as long as we are in a public place and they are aware there cannot be any unappopriate stuff done or they will have billion $$ lawsuit

But Govt cannot intrude the privacy of one's home or supposed private space, which I think they currently do(in child abuse laws, in abortion rights or gay rights) 

How much are you willing to sacrifice for your safety????

For the sake of safety in current world, yes, I will allow them more freedom, but I would want an organization like ACLU watching like hawks all the time 

HOw much is too much interference????

Getting to know what happens in one's home, getting to know what happens in a doctors office is too much interference, I dont want anyone to tap my phone's, track my business transactions, if they do, I need them to have proof of wrong doing, if not I need to have an ability to sue the Govt, and cost a couple of high level people's job

I know I wouldn't feel comfortable being screenedDead. Can the govt. actually brainwash us into accepting such a thing?

I think the other alternative to body scanner is retina/eye scanner, but eventually in our lifetime, we are going to see that level of screening, it is going to take ages to pass before ACLU lets it through

After all, we have accepted plenty of other things!LOL 

Privacy is a relative thing, lot of people would not enroll into E-Z pass, just so that they should not be tracked by Big Brother, you have to weigh the benefit of loss of privacy

What do you think?Smile

Starting tommorow AM, count the number of times someone CCTV camera's, how many scanners you pass through, you will realize how little of privacy you haveBig smile

Persy

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
Deleted from DM

Edited by mermaid_QT - 31 March 2007 at 7:10pm

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Seriously? Ouch Seems demeaning to me...

Here is a link, and sample of all you can see Dead ..creepy!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/07/17/eveningnews/main56 3797.shtml

It's too much!

biatchali

biatchali

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
Angryomegosh thats so freaking awful.....im sorry but i do not trust the government at alll...the go on about human rights and one of them is privacy and then they do this 2 protect us?????id rather die in a terrorist attack then have 2 live with the shame that sum perve has seen me naked...its disgusting...never thought governments can stoop so low... raping us of our rights and our privacy thats what the saddos are doingAngry

Edited by biatchali - 30 March 2007 at 2:04pm

the_charm

IF-Veteran Member

the_charm

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 31 March 2007 at 1:12am | IP Logged
i wud never go by airlines if they do so....i cannot allow them to interfere in any way.......may it be for privacy Angry

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 31 March 2007 at 1:35am | IP Logged
Well i know that the government is doing dis for our own safety to protect us from the threat of Terriosts and Hackers, however checking one like that is unstandable. Nobody wants to governemnt and other people to take away thier dignity, even if thats for thier own safety. Smile

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 31 March 2007 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
I read Heathrow airport has already put one in; US has done at one airport, too I think. Ouch

Post Reply New Post

Go to top