Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

sugar plum

Goldie

sugar plum

Posted: 20 July 2005 at 5:43am | IP Logged

do you there are ONLY 7??? it's a theory made by dumbledore and it's highly impossible that he may go wrong! and yet... i don't think voldemort would make it sooooo obvious...

any clue as to where the other 3 horcruxes are since the fourth one was destroyed by R .A .B!!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "horcrux mystery!!" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

fish

Groupbie

fish

Posted: 20 July 2005 at 11:17am | IP Logged

According to the memory that Harry extract from Slughorn, about Slughorn and the young Riddle discussing about Horcruxes, Riddle mentioned the magically lucky number SEVEN.

It might be very obvious, but at that time I am sure Slughorn wouldn't have thought (and he didn't) that someone would be willing to make one Horcrux, let alone a major seven as each require the caster to commit murder. The idea being that you lose a part of you with every act of killing and instead of losing that part, storing it in an object, as a means to prevent death.

Plus Slughorn's and Riddle's conversation wasn't general knowledge. It was difficult for Dumbledore to extract the true memory from Slughorn, and it was only managed by Harry when he used the memory of his mother Lily and Slughorn's guilt to his advantage. And why Slughorn go round discussing it?

So it is unlikely many (but maybe R. A. B.) would have thought that the number seven would be the key to Voldermort and his plans.

Possible and definete Horcruxes and notes:

1. Tom Riddle's diary - destroyed by Harry Potter.

2. Marvolo's ring - destroyed by Albus Dumbledore.

3. Mystery Horcrux, possibly Slytherin's (founder of Hogwarts) locket - destroyed by the rogue R. A. B. I say Slytherin's locket, because R. A. B. left a fake locket behind.

4. Helga Hupplepuff's (founder of Hogwart's) cup.

5. Nagini, who is Voldermort's snake companion.

6. The final part, of his soul, is within him.

The seventh part, according to Dumbledore was to be cast the night that Voldermort planned to kill Harry, when he was a child. Being that by killing his most likely killer (as pointed by the Prophecy), he would be able to create a hugely powerful Horcrux.

Other contender's of possible Horcurxes, disregarding the above theory, that is if Voldermort did create a Horcrux before attacking Harry, would be something belonging to Gryffindor or Ravenclaw - the other remaining founders of Hogwarts.

Gryffindor's only known remaining heirloom is his sword, which is in possession of the Headmaster or now, Headmistress of Hogwarts - but could Riddle have made it his Horcrux? And how?

So maybe, something belonging to Ravenclaw?

But how big is this number? Do you stick with Lucky Seven? Or create more? Personally, I think it could be no more than seven. Reason being that, Voldermort is a very determine person. He sets his goals and achieves them, this goals don't seem to change. He wanted revenge on his father, he got it. He wanted the locket and the cup, he got it. All that as a very young man. And I bet if he wanted to, in the 1st book and Harry's first year he could have given Harry the option of walking away - but no, he really really badly wants to kill Harry. Single-minded? Perhaps.

Plus, we never found out what kind of spell and magic it takes to cast a Horcrux, does it weaken the caster - hell, you are ripping your soul into tiny chunks - it has gotta hurt.

Anyone agree? Your thoughts...

mitale

Groupbie

mitale

Posted: 20 July 2005 at 2:56pm | IP Logged

I actually thought that the potions book of harry was owned by Tom Riddle when he was studying in Hogwarts. I thought voldemort was the half-blood prince because his mom was a witch and dad was a muggle. It took me to a surprise that Snape was the half- blood prince. I seriously thought that harry's potions book was Voldemort's horcruxe.

What do u guys think?

fish

Groupbie

fish

Posted: 20 July 2005 at 5:15pm | IP Logged

SPOILER ALERT!

JK Rowling, before the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, had categorically stated in an interview (or was it her website) that neither Harry nor Lord Voldermort was the Half-Blood Prince.

And so when I was reading it, I was thinking of all the other possible characters. And I kinda was with Harry, over the "Snape-is-not-to-be-trusted-even-though-Dumbledore- may-disagree".

But moving for Horcruxes - sorry...was Dumbledore's death at the hands of Snape a plan setup by Dumbledore himself? 

Edited by fish - 20 July 2005 at 5:27pm

linkin

Goldie

linkin

Posted: 12 August 2005 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
THAT waspreety loooooooooong but wrth it

albusdumbledore

IF-Dazzler

albusdumbledore

Posted: 13 August 2005 at 2:02am | IP Logged
i disagree with fish. Dumbledore was not that insane to plan his death at the hands of Snape. also the contention that Dumbledore's death can be a diversion to help Snape gain the trust of DEs and Voldemort is not conceivable coz had that been the case; the spell over harry might not have lifted.   rite ppl, please send in your comments.

regards,

freaky genious

achal

IF-Dazzler

achal

Posted: 13 August 2005 at 4:03pm | IP Logged
I personally think that Snape and Dumbledore did plan Dumbledore's death.. Dumbledore was getting weak, and Harry needed to face Voldemort alone.. Also (I just thought of this, and I dunno if this makes sense), he could wait until later to tell Harry about the Horcrux, or he could not have told him about it at all. But, he gave Harry Private lessons and told him all he could about Voldemort. He did that beacause he KNEW that he was going to die, and he also knew that it would help Harry to defeat Voldemort after he died...

Monaji

Monaji

Posted: 15 August 2005 at 1:36am | IP Logged
I believe Dumbledore strongly... So, when he says there are 7 horcruxes... There should be 7 of them....

I also feel Nagini was the last horcrux....
And the one which may be related to Gryfindor or Ravenclaw might be the 5th or 6th one...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top