Fashion and Beauty

dry hair

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

karankittu

IF-Dazzler

karankittu

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
hey iv recently got my hair layered and i straighten it now so it looks good but im finding that my hair has gone a little dry Confused becasue of straightening it my mum told em not to put any kind of stuff on liek syrum or any sprays because they contain chemicals and they ruin your hair Confused can anyoen help is this tru and is there any desi method ?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "dry hair" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

DivyaD

IF-Rockerz

DivyaD

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 7:58am | IP Logged

Yeah, most of the time they would have chemicals. Though you have to apply something or your hair will remain dry and get brittle. Most of the serums will have some sort of chemicals, but its better to use them than not using anything. Here, we get products called Kair that are natural, they have all sorts of serums, straighteners, etc. that nourish and protect hair. I dunno if it is an international brand or not... Confused

bollycrazy

IF-Dazzler

bollycrazy

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 9:37am | IP Logged
heyy!! i had dry hair last yr.. cz i used to straighten a lott too.. so my mami (aunty) put aloe vera on it wen i ws in india.. n it reeli helped! my hairs gone reeli soft since then.. n i havnt even put it on agen since thn.. (it ws last april.. Big smile )

so.. u cud try aloe vera.. tho nt sure where u cud get it frm.. we had a plant.. so we took it frm the middle of the leaves... bt u jst need pure aloe vera.. n thn jst put it on ur hair... everywhere Smile

egg and mehndi also help to condition it btw Embarrassed

kansha x

karankittu

IF-Dazzler

karankittu

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 9:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by bollycrazy

heyy!! i had dry hair last yr.. cz i used to straighten a lott too.. so my mami (aunty) put aloe vera on it wen i ws in india.. n it reeli helped! my hairs gone reeli soft since then.. n i havnt even put it on agen since thn.. (it ws last april.. Big smile )

so.. u cud try aloe vera.. tho nt sure where u cud get it frm.. we had a plant.. so we took it frm the middle of the leaves... bt u jst need pure aloe vera.. n thn jst put it on ur hair... everywhere Smile

egg? hmm what do u do with egg?

kansha x

bollycrazy

IF-Dazzler

bollycrazy

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 9:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by johnandbipasha

Originally posted by bollycrazy

egg? hmm what do u do with egg?

kansha x

wel.. my mum usually mixes the mehndi wit water as usual.. thn adds two eggs to the mixture.. n she says it helps to condition it Smile

radha07

IF-Dazzler

radha07

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 9:58am | IP Logged
Indeed you should oil your hair reguularly!

Serums have lots of chemicals which can damage normal hair

Reema_J

IF-Sizzlerz

Reema_J

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Best and most natural is to use coconut oil or aloe vera! They're both really good for your hair!

Also... if you need to go out and your hair is really dry, there are many leave-in conditioners you can buy, they don't leave your hair with the oily look or anything! If you do buy this, then I recommend investing in a quality, more-expensive brand... they too of course use some type of chemicals, but they are much less harsh or damaging to your hair than the low quality brands!

karankittu

IF-Dazzler

karankittu

Posted: 31 March 2007 at 7:50am | IP Logged
hey thanks aloy :) iv noticed that oiling your hair is very good Big smile it helps alot ..but i normally just put mustard oil on but il try alovera n sum of the other things you lot said thanks alot !! Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top