Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 7

Page 1 Page 6
Page   of 7

jenim

Goldie

jenim

Posted: 19 April 2007 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Thanks MeenaArun for the address/contact info.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "India Shopping (Page 7)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

madumithas

madumithas

Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:28am | IP Logged

Suggestions Needed

1. Where to buy best work clothes(suits) in chennai.
2. I usually buy work pants here in Gap or Banana republic, i love their fitting but its so expensive....a pant costs almost $70 and they all have "Made in India" tag. I would like to take these and get them stitched in india, i am sure it would be cheaper but i need to get a good tailor who does these kind of jobs. Any suggestions.
I am thinking of trying Raymonds tailors though.

Madhu

jenim

Goldie

jenim

Posted: 11 May 2007 at 10:21am | IP Logged
Madhu -

Please tell me if that works out. I would definitely try them.
Every single pants of mine are from the Gap sale. It's quite convenient that their stuff goes on sale within a couple of months of its release. Banana Republic is just too expensive for me, unless they are on some ridiculous sale PLUS they don't carry a lot of Petite stuff so it doesn't work out well for me. But some of their stuff never goes out of style and is very good quality.

So, even if you find the right tailors, where would you find the right material? In Raymonds?

madumithas

madumithas

Posted: 11 May 2007 at 10:42am | IP Logged

Jenim,

I think the raymonds materials is good enough. I compared my cousin brother's raymonds and pants and my gap pants and they were the same. These pants never degrade in quality ...of course this is just career pants. WIll surely let u know.

Madhu

mary.baker

mary.baker

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 12:11am | IP Logged
Good

mary.baker

mary.baker

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 12:11am | IP Logged
i love this

kfishi

Groupbie

kfishi

Posted: 21 May 2009 at 12:51am | IP Logged
Recently been to hyderabad for a vacation trip!!
Was exploring places... There is new Shoppers stop store at hyderabad now ...
iz gr8 ..
Shoppers stop rocks...i got new clothes and accessories from der!!
Yippiee.....
A Reason to be happy for ppl residing their!!
Do u know any new stores opened?

eljay

IF-Rockerz

eljay

Posted: 23 May 2009 at 4:06pm | IP Logged
If anyone wants to get saris embroidered, this lady Bindu in Adyar does a great job.  Her phone number is 24919679.  She also works within your budget, so you pick the design and tell her you want the sari to cost approx. Rs. 3000 or 5000 or whatever you wish to pay, and she will do accordingly.  She also does salwar kameezes and kurtis, but her tailor is not good, so I wouldn't recommend your going through him.  She will tell you that he will do it overnight, but it is better if you go through your own tailor.  This is the voice of experience.  He ruined my kurti and it is just barely passable now, after all the repairs I made him do.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top