Page 6 of 7

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 7
Page 7 Page 7

madumithas

madumithas

Posted: 11 April 2007 at 5:16am | IP Logged
Hey Narayana pearl shoppers

1. Do you get simple jewellery there like ones you can wear to office or only the grand ones? I am more looking for simple pendant/chain and earrings.

2. Do you get the stone hair clips in narayana pearls?

Madhu

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "India Shopping (Page 6)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

madumithas

madumithas

Posted: 11 April 2007 at 5:18am | IP Logged
www.FABINDIA.com

GUys who are interested in buying cotton/silk kurthi, salwar mix and matches can take a look at this site. You can place orders as well. The styles are pretty good. They have shops in mount road, beasant nagar, anna nagar.
THey sell dresses in 4 sizes S,M,L,XL.

Madhu

Edited by madumithas - 11 April 2007 at 5:19am

Wingy

Wingy

Posted: 11 April 2007 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
Sorry Madhu, I've heard so much about Naayana Pearls - but never been there. Hoping to see that place when I visit India this time.

BTW, Has anyone bought the imitation jewelery form tajonline? I guess they ship only to India. www.tajonline.com

meenaarun

meenaarun

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 12:35am | IP Logged
Hi,everybody,

this is my first post to india-forums. Regarding shopping in chennai,i think ,i can give some good places

1.for stiching punjabi suits,salwarsand other dresses u can try   "jothees" in spurtank road.For readymade designer chuidhars and salwars u can try rekha's boutique in mookambika complex ,ttk road,alwarpet(the one next to old lifestyle).

2.for this oosimani/pasimani and other costume jewelleries u can try "drams come true" in prince plaza .my gosd ,what a variety o costumes he has.u won't believe it( and it is cheaper too if u comapre with pondy bazaar and t.nagar rates)

3 .regarding dollar exchange ,u can do it in prince plaza itself.in first floor there is one exchange called "ASHA FOREX" .he gives a good rate.don't ever go to thomas cook or tata finance etc.

reg Narayan pearls type,usually i go to parrys corner(mint street) there are many shops who are supplying these type of jewellery to boutiqu shops.to name few ,roopali, sonali.the prices are very cheap but the area is overcrowded and beware of robbery.only go if u know the area very well.

if i remember any other shop ,then i will ping u
MeenaArun

meenaarun

meenaarun

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 12:37am | IP Logged
i am having the shops address and phone nos somewhere ,if i found out those i will post it
MeenaArun

rhodes

rhodes

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 8:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by madumithas

www.FABINDIA.com

GUys who are interested in buying cotton/silk kurthi, salwar mix and matches can take a look at this site. You can place orders as well. The styles are pretty good. They have shops in mount road, beasant nagar, anna nagar.
THey sell dresses in 4 sizes S,M,L,XL.

Madhu

Thanks Madhu...very good info

jenim

Goldie

jenim

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Thanks for the posting a lot of useful info, MeenaArun.

I too have shopped near the old Kothavalchavdi in Parrys corner where they have the whole sale stores. We regularly bought many nice salwars at less than half the price in Nalli's and even better designs. The problem is, they come in free size and I had to alter them all.

I'm wondering if the OOsimani stores are close to the place that I've mentioned. If you can find the store names and address and post that for us, that would be excellent.

meenaarun

meenaarun

Posted: 19 April 2007 at 6:52am | IP Logged
roopali jewellers,156Mint Street ,sowcarpet,chennai-phone no 25385889,

Rekha's Boutique

1,4 & 23 Mookambika Complex, Sir C.P. Ramaswamy Road, Alwarpet, Chennai - 600 018. India. Phone- 24982556 / 24995361

jothees tailor

No.69, Spur Tank Road, Chetput, Chennai - 600 031, India. Phone : 91-044-28361600.Mobile : 98400 36355near to uti bank atm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top