Page 1 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

madumithas

madumithas

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 5:10am | IP Logged

Hi all,

This is a forum for IF fans outside of India and in India to exchange information about shopping, fashion etc.

Hope this forum is helpful for everyone!

Madhu

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Kavitha Raviatina

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "India Shopping" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

madumithas

madumithas

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 5:12am | IP Logged
Let me start out first!

I want to stitch some nice punjabi, afghani kurthas. Does anyone know a good tailor who can do this in Adyar, alwarpet, egmore, mylapore, thiruvanmiyur areas?

Madhu

Wingy

Wingy

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 8:05am | IP Logged
Cool yaar, I always have been wanting to know abt these info - -where to buy good dresses, Costumes (oosimani, pasimani Smile etc) This will be a calling!!! Thanks Madhu for opening this topic

flutepeace

Groupbie

flutepeace

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 8:08am | IP Logged
Madhu, my tailor at Indira Nagar, Adyar is real good. Very prompt. She is located near Corporation Bank, Indira Nagar & her name is Sanchana Tailors. Good Luck !!!

jenim

Goldie

jenim

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Hi Madhu -

Got directed to this thread from your post in the Anjali forum. Good thing ya opened this one. I might go to India this year after what it seems like ages. So, any info we can share would be very helpful.

Many years ago, I used to frequent the boutiques in Alsa Mall (Egmore) where they used to make Salwars in the very, very in-sytles. Mostly the boutiques on the right on the first floor (not basement) - I'm having a hard time trying to recollect their names. If you have some time when you go to Madras, you may want to check them out.

jenim

Goldie

jenim

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Wingy,

Your oosimani, Pasimani comment was just so hilarious. LOL
You get tons of this in plenty of varieties in Pondy bazaar and in Usman Road, T.Nagar pavements/sidewalks. There are also fancy jewellery stores in the same areas. I remember there used to be one next to GRThanga Maligai on Usman Road which specializes in costume jewellery, again cannot recollect the name. It's a small stretch from Thanga Maligai to the intersection near "Anju Maadi" Kumaran stores, you should be able to find this store.

Edited by jenim - 29 March 2007 at 10:19am

madumithas

madumithas

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 11:01am | IP Logged

Originally posted by jenim

Hi Madhu -

Got directed to this thread from your post in the Anjali forum. Good thing ya opened this one. I might go to India this year after what it seems like ages. So, any info we can share would be very helpful.

Many years ago, I used to frequent the boutiques in Alsa Mall (Egmore) where they used to make Salwars in the very, very in-sytles. Mostly the boutiques on the right on the first floor (not basement) - I'm having a hard time trying to recollect their names. If you have some time when you go to Madras, you may want to check them out.

Thank you Jenim. I do plan to visit alsa mall...let me know if ther eis a particular shop you think is very good.

I do remember while walking through Fountain plaza that there are many tailors.Does anyone have experience stitching in these places. If you do let me know the shop name.

I have also heard about Mookambika complex in alwarpet. ANyone done anything there!

flutepeace

Groupbie

flutepeace

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
You need to check out Jil' Mil' in Pondy bazaar for all the oosimani pasimani - they have a whole lot of variety.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top