Views

Users

Frequent Posters

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: guess_gallery

Hi,

I want to share a scene in my life which happened couple of days back. It was a debate between me (as usualπŸ˜ƒ) and a receptionist of a training institute.

The scene start like this:-

I went to institute to get enroll in some course.

On the first day of class, one of my classmate didn't came so lecturer said today class will not be there as a girl didn't came so we will start classes from tomorrow.

I went to the receptionist and asked what was the reason. She said the same, I was lil anxious that who is this girl:-

She said:-she wants to finish the course in fast track she got engaged recently and getting married next month.

I said:- I cant understand the connection, she is getting married next month so why she want to learn this…

She said:-what you mean by that.

I said:-she should learn cooking if she is a house wife and if she is a working woman then why she is rushing for this course..

She said:- how dare you tell like this.

I said:- excuse me, what I said.

She said:- that she should learn cooking to be a house wife.

I said:- is there any dare ness required to say this?πŸ˜‰, I don't think so.

She said:-never ever say that a girl is made for kitchen.

I said:- ohh I know for what  she is made.

Then she started the lecture hmmm

She said:-in today's society girls are way ahead then guys.

I said:- really!!! I never knew, in which field.

She said :- what you mean, in every field and guys join companies to work coz girls are there.

I will also like to know in which field. For every one field that she shows we can show another hundred field where guys are way ahead than girls.πŸ˜›

I said:- (I realized she is getting lil serious)hmm I agree coz guys need some entertainment while working.(she got more mad)..

She said:- what if we don't cook?

I said:- kya yaar, hotels are there for us only…

So true. Why hotels are there for??πŸ˜‰

She said:- can u eat daily outside, will you not feel tired

I said:- no chance but if we eat daily in home then might..

I agree, even after eating in hotels everyday atleast I don't feel tired. Moreover, there's only one home with one kitchen but unlimited no. of hotels, so no question of getting bored.πŸ˜†

Then we didn't dragged the topic it was end of the discussion but while I was leaving she said…plz don't tell any girl that she should cook food etc…

So I want to ask every one, Is being a housewife a disrespected job?

Is house wife's not equal to a working woman?

I feel being a house wife (seeing after kids) is the hardest job in this world.

Cheers,

Ahmed

I don't find anything wrong with what you said and can't understand why all people are getting so much annoyed.

If a class was cancelled after I waste my time and energy just because one girl didn't show up, even I would've reacted that way.😑 If the receptionist didn't like it, her problem.πŸ˜‰

Edited by souro - 17 years ago
cool_pooja thumbnail

Originally posted by: guess_gallery

First of all, Hailrous Conversation!πŸ˜†

Is being a housewife a disrespected job?

No, its not a disrespected job. People acknowledge nowdays that being housewife is not easy. Men are actually gratefull to their wives for looking after their house and children. However the disrespectfull part is that people feel that it is a women's duty to be a housewife, which is not true. Nowdays, especially in Pakistan, they impose on women to stay inside the house, saying that they are not capable of working outside. That is disrespectfull.

Is house wife's not equal to a working woman?

In today's world, in people's eye, its not. They feel a working women is far more superior because she is also running her house. However many people also respect housewives.

~Marble~ thumbnail
I just wanted to add hands which rock the cradle,rules the world.
persistence thumbnail
[quote]I don't find anything wrong with what you said and can't understand why all people are getting so much annoyed.

If a class was cancelled after I waste my time and energy just because one girl didn't show up, even I would've reacted that way. If the receptionist didn't like it, her problem. [/quote]

I don't think the bone of contention is person's going upto the receptionist; it's the tone (demeaning/rude for both the girl and the receptionist) and what is said that is raising BP of others. πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜†  There are more civil ways of saying what is being said, and showing annoyance for disrespect shown for attendees than bringing in anal comments about where a woman belongs!

There is no room for being rude to the girl and the receptionist; it's not either's fault if the class lecturer and all decided to be accomodating for the girl. Though, I must say I find it odd. Why waste other people's time for one person (be it a girl or guy)? Why were the attendees not informed beforehand that the class was gonna be cancelled? πŸ˜• Strange, indeed! But if it happened in India, I don't find it so strange πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Persy Edited by reeps - 17 years ago
souro thumbnail

Originally posted by: reeps

But if it happened in India, I don't find it so strange πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Persy

😑 Persy you better start looking for that door or the sofa which everyone is using lately.πŸ˜† Here I'll help you...

Fair enough, I'll remember not to mention the word kitchen to any girl from now on lest she dies from bursting a vessel or two.πŸ˜›

Edited by souro - 17 years ago
ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: souro

I don't find anything wrong with what you said and can't understand why all people are getting so much annoyed.

If a class was cancelled after I waste my time and energy just because one girl didn't show up, even I would've reacted that way.😑 If the receptionist didn't like it, her problem.πŸ˜‰

really u don't find anything wrong????????The problem is that he has put his conversation on the open forum and a lot of others don't like it other than that receptionist..........πŸ˜†

persistence thumbnail

😑 Persy you better start looking for that door or the sofa which everyone is using lately.πŸ˜† Here I'll help you...

Fair enough, I'll remember not to mention the word kitchen to any girl from now on lest she dies from bursting a vessel or two.πŸ˜›

I was a little disappointed to read that you would have reacted in the same manner, but you make me laugh. Chalo, maaf kiya! Good boy! πŸ˜†

souro thumbnail

Originally posted by: ani11

really u don't find anything wrong????????The problem is that he has put his conversation on the open forum and a lot of others don't like it other than that receptionist..........πŸ˜†

Ani I understand why you all were annoyed. The comment about her taking cooking classes was insulting according to you. But it was a general remark, made out of annoyance. If that's a reason to get upset about then guys should be upset all the time. Afterall girls always say that guys are less intelligent, guys are clumsy, guys are not refined.πŸ˜›

ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Ani I understand why you all were annoyed. The comment about her taking cooking classes was insulting according to you. But it was a general remark, made out of annoyance. If that's a reason to get upset about then guys should be upset all the time. Afterall girls always say that guys are less intelligent, guys are clumsy, guys are not refined.πŸ˜›

and we mean what we say..........πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜†

BTW i agree that maybe he had that conversation because he was angry at the time but what's the reason for putting it out verbatim over here??

SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The poster is justifiably angry - being a teacher, I would never cancel class for one or even a group of students (in fact, I am notorious for having a class with just one student! πŸ˜ƒ - my philosophy is: she made the effort to come, so I must make the effort to conduct the class. )
What I objected to was the assumption that if she is planning on getting married, then she doesn't need the course, and that she will be better off in a cookery class. Who is he to decide what that woman needs or doesn't need? Secondly, it's the course presenter who is at fault for inconveniencing so many others, so he/she should be made answerable - not the absent student (or even the secretary).

I am a housewife in that I do whatever a housewife is supposed to do except the children bit because I don't have them, yet. I also have a full-time job that more often than not spills into my "housewife" time. So, what am I, and because I am doing household chores should I stop teaching and start a community kitchen (won't have much to cook for just the two of us therefore I must utilise my potential to the maximum πŸ˜‰   There are plenty of women like me and plenty not like me, but whatever role women are playing, they are invariably "working women" (unless you are Paris Hilton 🀒 ).We ought to respect the fact that they choose to add to their repertoire of skills, rather than insulting their abilities by limiting them to one role, or the other. Let's not create distinctions where none exists.