TechTalk & Personal Computing Guide
TechTalk & Personal Computing Guide

Mr.Problem Brings Solution!! (Page 3)

HUMM IF-Dazzler
HUMM
HUMM

Posted: 06 December 2004 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
Java™ Runtime Environment

What will I get when I download Java™ software?

The Java™ Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (JRE) or the JRE is what you get when you download Java software. The JRE consists of the Java™ Virtual Machine, Java platform core classes, and supporting Java platform libraries. The JRE is the runtime portion of Java software, which is all you need to run it in your Web browser.

When you download Java software, you only get what you need - no spyware, and no viruses. When you download the Sun JRE, you are getting the most up-to-date Java software, which lets you take full advantage of today's most interactive and exciting applications in the digital sphere.

---Most of the time java applets do not run on our browser!!
    Also firefox brower doesnot support java applets at all. There to run java applets, u don't need to install the entire java software, just install the java-runtime environment!.... It is really helpful coz today most of the websites use java applets in their webpages!!

FOR DOWNLOADING GO TO THE WEBSITE: www.java.com
Their u shall see in the right hand corner is box like shown below click on download, and the downloading of java run time env. starts!!(do select suitable options that suit ur needs and ur browser)

Example:

Help 
FAQ 
Manual Download 
  About Java TechnologyAbout Java Technology
About Java TechnologyAbout Java Technology

HUMM IF-Dazzler
HUMM
HUMM

Posted: 06 December 2004 at 7:21pm | IP Logged
Thks Vijay for telling me abt the Extensions, They are absolutely cool!!ClapClap
Also try the Extension-BandWidth Tester...later which appears under the tools section.... it tell abt ur bandwidth!!
I think friends u all must try them!!SmileSmileSmile

Edited by HUMM - 06 December 2004 at 7:25pm
KK_lassi Senior Member
KK_lassi
KK_lassi

Posted: 06 December 2004 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HUMM

Originally posted by KK_lassi

I have so many probs with my comp.. cant even upload an avataar. Nor any pic.., Windows media player never plays internet files. I cant even view harry potter trailors on net! I dunno whts wrong with my comp unlike others.

Thanks for opening this topic Humm.

Well, i hope i do get some soln, but if not..its ok.(used to it)

Try going to :
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

that shall update ur PC!! and the media plaler some times do not play files downloaded from the internet coz, the files may be protected!!.. some times u require a valid lisense to play them also!!

First u try updating ur pc!!... that may take a long time!!Confused

Download Media Player 10 .. may be that can help!!Tongue

.... some times avtaar also do not upload due to internet explorer problems!!... try update site of microsoft... it shall fully solve ur problem!!

..... But u need to have a lot of time for that ...coz it takes time to download and u need to kepp ur pc on!!
... try updating during nite time coz downloading is also faster!!

I hope my solution shall help u!!!!Big smile

Hey Humm Thanks a lottt!!!!!!! I am sure to solve these probs... wht i will do ..get it all done. Ofcourse with some senior  monitoring these programs.

I am glad..tht u have great interest in helping us out..Thanks..Best wishes for future..To Vijay also.

HUMM IF-Dazzler
HUMM
HUMM

Posted: 06 December 2004 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Hey Friends,
    I request u all to also upload some info of the softwares u find good, in the forum!!
    U can put up the link of the software to download, which u find is useful!!
But be careful that u don't put up a link of the software that is IILEAGAL.

Put up the info of a software that is feely avalable and is free to download, ie., is a legal software to download!!

Visit: the site: http://www.download.com/ --- It offers free downloads!!

For any futher info abt softwares and any other problems, plz post ur problem!!

Edited by HUMM - 06 December 2004 at 10:56pm
ritu Goldie
ritu
ritu

Posted: 06 December 2004 at 11:50pm | IP Logged

Humm Thanks,

But is this service free, kahi aisa to nahi ki question poochte hi, Credit card details maange jaayenge ? Wink

HUMM IF-Dazzler
HUMM
HUMM

Posted: 06 December 2004 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ritu

Humm Thanks,

But is this service free, kahi aisa to nahi ki question poochte hi, Credit card details maange jaayenge ? Wink

Ritu aapp agar credit card ya money dena chaho tu u can give!!
... btw this servise is free coz all members in this site solve them!!!

... if i would have alone solved it i would have charged u for it!!!WinkWinkWink

Edited by HUMM - 06 December 2004 at 11:58pm
ritu Goldie
ritu
ritu

Posted: 07 December 2004 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by HUMM

Originally posted by ritu

Humm Thanks,

Ritu aapp agar credit card ya money dena chaho tu u can give!!
... btw this servise is free coz all members in this site solve them!!!

... if i would have alone solved it i would have charged u for it!!!WinkWinkWink

Thanks, actually jo insaan net par purab ka tak auction kar raha ho wo free service de raha hai kuch hazam nahi ho raha Wink well i'll definetely try to use this service. Thanks again.

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 07 December 2004 at 12:28am | IP Logged
KK_lassi wrote:

Extremely good idea.

I have so many probs with my comp.. cant even upload an avataar. Nor pic.., Windows media player never plays internet files. I cant even view harry potter trailors on net! I dunno whts wrong with my comp unlike others.. so i too want this section.

Hi, Humm I hope you dont mind me giving my solutions. Wink

KK lassi  I am taking a guess that you have Win98Se Installed.

First Your Windows Media Player problem.

You are having an older version of Windows Media Player, please download and install Windows Media Player 9.  (Windows media player 10 is for WindowsXp & is not compatible with Win98).

Your Internet Related problems
I suspect your net speed is also very slow & you get a lot of advertisement pop-ups!!! and you feel that your machine is virtually dead and crawling when you are online.  If yes then I guess I got your problem. Download AdAware Se latest version, It seems that you are having alot of Spywares attack on your machine.

Get the antispyware from here. A spyware remover is like an Antivirus the only diffrence that it removes spywares and not viruses.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Also check that your antivirus is updated and is running fine,updates it and do a scan if you want.

Also Like Humm said Updating Windows is a very good option, But what is your internet  connection methood ?? you are on Dail-up or Cable?? On dailup it may take a hell of time to download all those updates. There you might want to set your priority as to which update needs to be updated. Well in first shot get updates which are related to your internet Explorer and also you can download all the updates that say windows sercurity patches. Those are very important.  But if you have a cablenet then download all the security updates without being selective. Smile

I can help you more to be selective if you can let me know a few things in your next post.

What is your Internet Explorer Version, you can get this info by going into Internert Explorer---> Help -----> About and let me know what  version it states there. From there we will see what needs to be done exactly.

Jammy.

Go to top