Mr.Problem Brings Solution!! - Page 3

Posted: 19 years ago

Humm Thanks,

But is this service free, kahi aisa to nahi ki question poochte hi, Credit card details maange jaayenge ? 😉

Originally posted by ritu

Humm Thanks,

But is this service free, kahi aisa to nahi ki question poochte hi, Credit card details maange jaayenge ? 😉

Ritu aapp agar credit card ya money dena chaho tu u can give!!
... btw this servise is free coz all members in this site solve them!!!

... if i would have alone solved it i would have charged u for it!!!😉😉😉
Edited by HUMM - 19 years ago
Originally posted by HUMM

Ritu aapp agar credit card ya money dena chaho tu u can give!!
... btw this servise is free coz all members in this site solve them!!!

... if i would have alone solved it i would have charged u for it!!!😉😉😉

Thanks, actually jo insaan net par purab ka tak auction kar raha ho wo free service de raha hai kuch hazam nahi ho raha ðŸ˜‰ well i'll definetely try to use this service. Thanks again.

KK_lassi wrote:

Extremely good idea.

I have so many probs with my comp.. cant even upload an avataar. Nor pic.., Windows media player never plays internet files. I cant even view harry potter trailors on net! I dunno whts wrong with my comp unlike others.. so i too want this section.

Hi, Humm I hope you dont mind me giving my solutions. 😉

KK lassi  I am taking a guess that you have Win98Se Installed.

First Your Windows Media Player problem.

You are having an older version of Windows Media Player, please download and install Windows Media Player 9.  (Windows media player 10 is for WindowsXp & is not compatible with Win98).

Your Internet Related problems
I suspect your net speed is also very slow & you get a lot of advertisement pop-ups!!! and you feel that your machine is virtually dead and crawling when you are online.  If yes then I guess I got your problem. Download AdAware Se latest version, It seems that you are having alot of Spywares attack on your machine.

Get the antispyware from here. A spyware remover is like an Antivirus the only diffrence that it removes spywares and not viruses.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Also check that your antivirus is updated and is running fine,updates it and do a scan if you want.

Also Like Humm said Updating Windows is a very good option, But what is your internet  connection methood ?? you are on Dail-up or Cable?? On dailup it may take a hell of time to download all those updates. There you might want to set your priority as to which update needs to be updated. Well in first shot get updates which are related to your internet Explorer and also you can download all the updates that say windows sercurity patches. Those are very important.  But if you have a cablenet then download all the security updates without being selective. 😊

I can help you more to be selective if you can let me know a few things in your next post.

What is your Internet Explorer Version, you can get this info by going into Internert Explorer---> Help -----> About and let me know what  version it states there. From there we will see what needs to be done exactly.

Jammy.

Hi jammy

How do i play a WMF file , it does not open in Windows media player.

Hi ritu,

If you have Windows Media Player 9 then it shouldnt be a problem to play a WMF file. If you have Windows media player older version(6.4 or 2) then i recommend upgrade to Windows media player version 9 if you are on Windows98, or to windows media player version 10 if you are on WindowsXp.

If you already have the latest version then, uninstall and reinstall your windows media player. Remmember to restart the machine after uninstalling and then reinstall.

If still one particular file isnt playing & others with same extention are then there must be some problem with the file.

All the Best.

Jammy.

I also forgot to mention, The problem can be as simple as file association issue. It means that when manually opened in windows media player latest version it can open but by double click or a simple pressing of 'Return/enter Key'  it doesnt is that the problem???

If yes then you can do one thing is select the file and then keep holding the shift key and simultaneuously rightclick with your mouse on the icon. It will give you an extra option in the drop down menu. It will be 'OPEN WITH' select this option and you will see a list of programmes there, select the appropriate programme (in this case the latest Windows Media player) and then there is a small check box that says 'Open the file with this programme always'  tick that box as well. so next time when you double click or press enter on that file it will use Windows media player to play it self.

Jammy.

The Windows Meta File (WMF) format is used specifically on the PC platform. WMF files can contain either pixel-based information or vector information in 16-bit RGB color space.

Meta files, as they are sometimes referred to, generally can not be placed into a page layout. The most common use of WMF files will be in low-end desktop printers, but never in a commercial (high-end print) workflow.

The reasons for not using these files in a high-end workflow are numerous:

• No support for color separations
• Limitation of 16-bit color
• Use of only the RGB color space

Solution to ur Problem:

When I start a WMF or ASF file, there is no picture on screen!????????

You probably don't have the proper codec installed on your machine.

Try the following procedure:

1. Be sure you are connected to the Internet.
  2. In Windows Explorer, double-click on the file EO Video couldn't play.
    If Windows Media Player can't find the proper codec installed on your machine, it will try to find it on Microsoft's site.
  3. When the proper codec is found, you should confirm codec installation.

Of course, not all codecs originate from Microsoft. Some codecs (the popular DivX for example) should be found, downloaded and installed manually. For links check www.eo-video.com

EO Video informs you when a codec missing. You can check file's codec with the Playlist Item(s) Info or, for AVI clips, with the File Properties dialog box.

Yes i agree to jammy also try the new media player, or re-install ur existing media player!!

-----I HOPE MY SOLUTION HELPS U!😛😛

Edited by HUMM - 19 years ago
Guys those who need a perfect and more clear solutions for your problems it would be a great help if you are a bit specific about your problems and also give us some info.

For Example the most basic info appreciated by all the solution providers will be.

Your Operating System and its version, for example Win98SE or Winxp.

You Internet Explorer Version.

You Microsoft Office version.

Also for a particular software the version of that software will be very helpful in giving you a near perfect solution. 😊

Jammy.

It is Win98. And i have cable-hathway. Its slow sometimes. Adds pops very recently. If i go on to update the entire Computer setup..i think i will mess up and do the wrong.

So,

by opening this site, where should i go next. What are its consequences? If new windows is going to be installed..will the earlier setup data be lost?

ok, now i havent taken IT so its a bit difficult for me to understand. Also risky if i am going to try it myself. 

Will the earlier internet explorer option remain after downloading the new win98.. OR Am I needing to change the Entire programme instaled in the comp for getting the better facilities??