Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

mistletoe

IF-Dazzler

mistletoe

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 4:08am | IP Logged

Just finished watching Namaste London today!

Have to say, that after a long time, a movie has managed to take me completely by surprise, especially a pleasant one!Big smile

The movie is excellent! Right from the central plot, to the crackling chemistry between the lead pair, the director gets everything in perfect tandem!

The best part about the film was that it tackled a rather serious subject, that of Generation gap and the East-West divide with aplomb, neither getting preachy nor taking it lightly!

Akshay and Katrina are superb together, while Rishi Kapoor rocks the show!Clap All the supporting actors, with the exception of Upen Patel, who is really insufferableDead do a commendable job!

But the Star of the Show is definitely the drop-dead gorgeous Katrina who manages to hold her own in an author backed role, as the bratty yet lovable Jazz aka Jasmeet! Katrina not only looks the part completely, but does full justice to a role which could have turned out cliched and over-the top!

Akshay as usual gives a solid, intense and emotional performance as Arjun! He is truly an under-utilized and under-estimated actor!

In a long time, do we see such breezy and effortless chemistry between two actors, who literally have zero physical contact in the movie!

The duration of the movie is barely 2 hours and the pace is just right! The movie is humorous, emotional yet very sensible and most important, the type of film you can watch with your family!

All in all, Namaste London is a must-watch! And is defintely the best Hindi Movie so far to be released this year!

Scenes to watch out for :

There is a particular scene in the movie where Akshay speaks about the greatness of India in Hindi and Katrina translates it word by word in English...One of the best scenes in a long time and the dialouges had the whole theatre thundering in applause!

A rugby match between Katrina's Boyfriend and AkshayLOL Most howlarious!

Almost all scenes between Rishi Kapoor and the lady who played his wife!

The song 'Main Jahaan Rahoon'...Picturized with amazing beauty in India and London!

Cheers,

MT

Edited by mistletoe - 27 March 2007 at 9:52am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Godamahalaxmik

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Namaste London Packs a Punch!" in Film Previews & Reviews forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

yanka

Goldie

yanka

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 5:53am | IP Logged
I am really surprised that this film has got so many raving reviews!! Now
your feedback makes me feel like going for a dekho.... I also think AK is a
highly underated actor... he has proven himself in comedy ... good to see
that he has done this role with aplomb too...
Now Katrina is someone i will have to watch out for... did not really thin she
would be someone we could talk about when it comes to acting!!

Thanks for the review... can plan a weekend show then...

bewafa

IF-Dazzler

bewafa

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 5:32pm | IP Logged
well written!! Clap

aw man i should stop readin NL stuff...makes me wanna go watch it again!

and a brilliant thing u noticed about the physical contact between the lead pair yet the chemistry was so crackling!!!!

NL rocked!!! i have never cheered so much in a movie!

the intermission was shockin! and did anyone feel that it came WAY too early??? LOL

i LOVE the tumbi/bhangra music when Akki is running "like a saand" in the rugby match! LOL

and then when he speaks English and tells Kat that she ought to have realised it when he answered the Brit's questions...hehehe

ritiesh was hilarious too!

and yeh!! Kat shined in this role!!! as did Rishi! actually everyone did. and to me, Upen Patel wasn't as annoyin as he usualli is LOL

this movie rocked!!!

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 12:03am | IP Logged
thanks MT,

I was just browsing the net to get some reviews for this movie as we were planning to go out for a movie tonite...Now I will certainly watch NL coz I trust your judgement completely Smile

Tally!

Mlulla28

Mlulla28

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 8:55am | IP Logged
Don't forget the scene where Katrina's parents go to Punjab to do "husband hunting"..I almost fell off my chair ..I was laughing so hard!!Clap

Pachu.P

IF-Sizzlerz

Pachu.P

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Agree MT, the movie Rocked!!!Embarrassed

Edited by ~Pachu*n*Abhi~ - 29 March 2007 at 11:15am

DeSi*KuRi*

Goldie

DeSi*KuRi*

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
i loved it!!!!!!!!!!!

it was so funny! Tongue Tongue Tongue

radha_8

IF-Rockerz

radha_8

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 9:45pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by bewafa

well written!! Clap

aw man i should stop readin NL stuff...makes me wanna go watch it again!

and a brilliant thing u noticed about the physical contact between the lead pair yet the chemistry was so crackling!!!!

NL rocked!!! i have never cheered so much in a movie!

the intermission was shockin! and did anyone feel that it came WAY too early??? LOL

i LOVE the tumbi/bhangra music when Akki is running "like a saand" in the rugby match! LOL

and then when he speaks English and tells Kat that she ought to have realised it when he answered the Brit's questions...hehehe

ritiesh was hilarious too!

and yeh!! Kat shined in this role!!! as did Rishi! actually everyone did. and to me, Upen Patel wasn't as annoyin as he usualli is LOL

this movie rocked!!!

same here.....i wanted the movie to just go on nd on forever...............i loved aki..........he was awesome in his punjabi character.....go my jattt............the rugby match was hilarious.........the way he ran with his ballLOL......and all the scenes in punjab were sooo goood.......the scene when Aki is sitting with everyone in his family to choose katrina, he says , "bebe, agar menu eh kudi nahi mili na, mei enu utake lejavanga"......hats off to Vipul shah to making such a common concept sooo soo sooo good. Being a punjbi myself, the realy of a punjab was shown soooo clearly...........Aki looked awesome with his kurta  jeans.......and really hot in the western outfits........muaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

katrina was awesome.........and the guy who is obsessed with serials was hilarious tooo..........i was laughing off my seat when he said everything 3 times..........LOL.Rishi kapoor, his friend, his wife...and even upen patel were swesome......they al well-suited their rolessTongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top