Debate Mansion

Dream travel destination or nightmare? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raksha.l

Now coming to India, talking about a similar example, we went to Jog falls near Bangalore- its a beautiful place..apparently Jog falls are the highest falls in the entire world..But it was appalling to see hardly any crowds thereOuch..I bet half of the Indians dont even know what this Jog falls is...Disapprove

that's exactly why we should work on advertising these places post creating good infrastucture around them.   There is so much more to India than TajMahal and Udaipur palace and Goa..  Mother Nature has truly blessed us with everything but we have people (majority, not all ofcourse) who need to still learn to respect these resources.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dream travel destination or nightmare? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 3:21pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by egghatcher

Singapore is such a small country..It produces nothing of its own and it has almost Zero natural resources...Yet, it succeeded in becoming one of the biggest tourist destinations...Its all in the packaging...India can have all the natural resources,all the beautiful mansions and all the famous personalities, but if we dont learn how to advertise and present ourselves, forget it..Our tourism industry has the potential of becoming our biggest revenue provider, but if and only if we learn how to draw crowds...We need to bring that x factor in...From Salman ?
Salman is already there and besides, he lost his X factor(according to the other thread)LOLTongue

@raunaq- I agree that being a small country helps Singapore to certain extent in keeping itself on the top...However I disagree that that is the only reason why it is amongst the top...There are so many other even smaller countries which are no where in the map of Tourism Industry...For example, they dont have any natural resources- not even a natural water falls..So they have this artificial water falls and advertise all over the place saying- 'the only man made water falls'...Its really ridiculous to see the people falling on top of eachother to go there..Its amazing, their business skills I mean...Now coming to India, talking about a similar example, we went to Jog falls near Bangalore- its a beautiful place..apparently Jog falls are the highest falls in the entire world..But it was appalling to see hardly any crowds thereOuch..I bet half of the Indians dont even know what this Jog falls is...Disapprove

@ salman x factor yes he did lose it but according to some he still has it LOL LOL LOL

@artificial water falls, can you name such places?

@jog falls Confused Confused Confused i never knew its the highest water fall Ouch

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
Raunaq @ artifical falls- I just named it...Singapore has it...See you are already intrigued...

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 3:27pm | IP Logged

Raunaq @ artifical falls- I just named it...Singapore has it...See you are already intrigued...

LOL LOL LOL may be they meant the highest (artificial man made)water fall LOL LOL LOL

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raunaq

LOL LOL LOL may be they meant the highest (artificial man made)water fall LOL LOL LOL

ConfusedSorry, I did not undestand it Raunaq...D'oh

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 4:20pm | IP Logged

LOL LOL LOL may be they meant the <span>highest (artificial man made</span>)water fall LOL LOL LOL

simple may be they mean highest artificial(manmade) falls Embarrassed how many artificial waterfalls are there?

they just mean they have the highest one! kudos to their advertising Big smile

Edited by raunaq - 29 March 2007 at 4:24pm

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 4:28pm | IP Logged

LOL LOL LOL may be they meant the <span>highest (artificial man made</span>)water fall LOL LOL LOL

Confused Confused Confused my bad please ignore my comment i just realized that you have mentioned that it's artificial fall in your previous post LOL LOL LOL

Edited by raunaq - 29 March 2007 at 4:29pm

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
My stay in S'pore is one of the best...I too loved the Orchid street and did a lot of (window)shopping at Tangs..And from there we used to go to the Little India, where there are a couple of temples and lots of Indian restaurants...And then looved looking for good deals in Tampaneese, movie watching in Beedok theaters and what not... Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top