Debate Mansion

Dream travel destination or nightmare? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by egghatcher

Originally posted by TallyHo

Originally posted by Maya_M

. But looks like you didn't miss us as you were busy singing 'Tere mere honton pe' with Mr.Ashuin Switzerland ki haseen wadiyan.WinkLOL

ya sure with 2 kids in tow who either wanted to visit the bathroom or wanted to eat chocolates or were very tired to walk or were cold....I didnt even get to sing the romantic numbers in my dreams!LOL

yup.yup..... those kids sure can bring about Romantus Interruptus at will..Winkby the way i was conceived in the alps ( not sure if it was the swiss or the italian side but my yodelling speaks for itself ) and launched out in mumbai Embarrassed

welcome back !!

comparisons to india are odious in my humble opinion.. One thing we do not lack is attentiveness ... even while spewing out that paan raunaq refers to our best brains do the programming and math extempore on the streets..... There has never been so much proliferation of intellect as is present on those very slummy streets of India ..... not supporting the crime and slime mind you .... but stating a fact as i am personally aware of ..

Tourist attraction ? our tourism industry is way up there in promoting our economy dont worry.. Foreigners know what to avoid now and simply put up with our swagataam logo of paan on street or fecus ridden side walks and move hinterland to take in our natural beauty that is prevalent simply no where else in the world.

on a flip side where else in (sic)developed countries do u get to see what you pass on quitely in your toilets eh ..... so that is another revelation for all of us who cringe from stark realities LOLLOL

i didn't mean to offend anyone here by talking about paan but i do find it not good, i just said what i have seen Big smile however, no matter what, india has its own charm.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dream travel destination or nightmare? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nerdynerd

Goldie

nerdynerd

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
I think it has to do with the dirty roads, trash everywhere, public facilties can give anyone disease. I mean last summer when I went to India the first thing when you enter Delhi is the trash right outside the city which goes on for 2 miles..I am sure that will attract lots of tourists Dead And the other thing is our tourist department really needs to learn how to advertise our culture outside of the country...you see all of these ads on other countries but we barely ever see India..yes there is dirt and all but there is the rich color and so much more that can be advertised...foreigners just get these pics of poverty and dirt which isn't really an ideal spot for vacation for many...so the tourism department needs to give the world a taste of what India has to offer and yes clean up a bit! No offense just my opinions Smile

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *guesswho*

I think it has to do with the dirty roads, trash everywhere, public facilties can give anyone disease. I mean last summer when I went to India the first thing when you enter Delhi is the trash right outside the city which goes on for 2 miles..I am sure that will attract lots of tourists Dead And the other thing is our tourist department really needs to learn how to advertise our culture outside of the country...you see all of these ads on other countries but we barely ever see India..yes there is dirt and all but there is the rich color and so much more that can be advertised...foreigners just get these pics of poverty and dirt which isn't really an ideal spot for vacation for many....so the tourism department needs to give the world a taste of what India has to offer and yes clean up a bit! No offense just my opinions Smile

LOL LOL LOL you bet!

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 6:49pm | IP Logged
eggy my take on it, whatever tax people pay there, few percentage of the tax money should be spent on the sanitation too and making smooth roads(how can i forget that Ouch )

sometimes it's not even about being neat freak. imagine having those roads with pot holes, how many hours would it take to reach a certain destination which could be reached in 30 minutes without those holes. imagine someone going for some occasion and having puddle splashed on you or you fall in garbage LOL LOL LOL(i am still thinking about toofan's friend, poor him LOL LOL LOL )

Edited by raunaq - 27 March 2007 at 7:01pm

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by egghatcher

Originally posted by raunaq

eggy my take on it, whatever tax people pay there, few percentage of the tax money should be spent on the sanitation too and making smooth roads(how can i forget that Ouch )

sometimes it's not even about being neat freak. imagine having those roads with pot holes, how many hours would it take to reach a certain destination which could be reached in 30 minutes without those holes. imagine someone going for some occasion and having puddle splashed on you or you fall in garbage LOL LOL LOL(i am still thinking about toofan's friend, poor him LOL LOL LOL )
Ill let you in to a secret kept real close by the Indian Orthopaedic society for so long ........sigh.........

They ensure the roads dont get ever done ...... With a rash of doctors making it out from our universities and the reverse trend of working in the country rather than going to USA etc they need to be busy .... both the ortho and the chiropractors and to make it compounded now the champi maalish wallas have also chipped in with their share of hafftaa to the public works department .. The only way to make a living for these poor sods is from back sprain neck breaks  and whiplash ........ .....pretty lucrative industry eh ? now the automobile giants like GM TOTOTA have decided to contribut towards the same kitty to bump up their sale in our country..

I know i will be killed for spilling these choicest of beans ... guess i ought to seek asylum in Jamaica like our indian team eh?LOL

Lastly I learnt from my youngest niece in mumbai that they have edited the nursery rhyme poem to read as follows

Humpetty Bumpeetty sat on the wall  ......etc

ROFL

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
Eggie,
Your view point is always zara hat ke...and I enjoy reading it always! Big smile

Now my 2 cents...

I think Kerela and Goa are 2 destinations we have managed to sell despite all odds...they should be considered a prototype and all the things that worked in their case should be replicated...and these are not just popular destinations with the foreigners but even for the indegenious population!

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top