Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 12:49am | IP Logged

Hi ppl,

I am just back from a lovely holiday in Switzerland...it is considered to be a dream destination for tourists by many and now I know why...beautiful country with a well preserved ecology, friendly people, an absolutely wonderful public transport system...

this set me thinking about India as a tourist destination...we seem to have the right ingredients...Beaches , Heritage Monuments, Palaces and Temples,Sandy Deserts, Rain Forests, lakes, rivers,vast streches of Greenery,  innumerable festivals celebrated with gusto through out the year, hospitable people...still we are dismally behind the other popular tourist destinations of the world...

What are the reasons...What can be done to improve the situation...can we ever become a tourist friendly country...Would love to hear your views..

And yes...it feels good to be back...hope all u guys missed me!WinkLOL

Edited by TallyHo - 27 March 2007 at 12:50am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dream travel destination or nightmare?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 1:19am | IP Logged
welcome back Tongue i am sure you might have enjoyed it, i have also found such places very clean and tourist friendly such that i can literally spend my time on such pavements LOL LOL LOL . i have seen in india people don't have a good sanitation, this is not from experience but saying it by watching the movie toofan this lady throws the garbage on the head of toofan's friend Confused, that makes me think how often does that happen, i cannot believe people in india can do that, don't they have trash cans? now i am sure it doesn't happen everywhere, there might be some elite places where people don't do that but still some places need to be cleaned. i am not even talking about the villages but those cities and towns need some kind of cleaning. moreover people must stop spitting paan especially anywhere, they should have those boxes that you usually see in movies about lucknow to spit in it, please Dead Dead Dead or they must spit in some plant or container but not on streets or walls Dead Dead Dead

Edited by raunaq - 27 March 2007 at 1:30am

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 1:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TallyHo

Hi ppl,

I am just back from a lovely holiday in Switzerland...it is considered to be a dream destination for tourists by many and now I know why...beautiful country with a well preserved ecology, friendly people, an absolutely wonderful public transport system...

u made me nostalgic about my country of birth EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

this set me thinking about India as a tourist destination...we seem to have the right ingredients...Beaches , Heritage Monuments, Palaces and Temples,Sandy Deserts, Rain Forests, lakes, rivers,vast streches of Greenery,  innumerable festivals celebrated with gusto through out the year, hospitable people...still we are dismally behind the other popular tourist destinations of the world...

yepp and a rich plethora of monuments dazzling its ancient history and culture Clap

What are the reasons...What can be done to improve the situation...can we ever become a tourist friendly country...Would love to hear your views..

And yes...it feels good to be back...hope all u guys missed me!WinkLOL

We did miss you Ashu, but you missed not much Embarrassed in comparison to Suisse.  LOLLOL 
I think that in order to improve Indian tourism, we should work on building better infrastructure and also work sincerely hard on respecting what Mother nature has blessed us with, instead of trashing it Confused Advertising diverse attractions more than TajMahal & Goa could be helpful too!

You can find more views in
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=496293&K W=tourism

Check out nice posts by Bhilwara and Sareg Big smile
Welcome back Ashu! 
mqt

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 1:46am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 1:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

. But looks like you didn't miss us as you were busy singing 'Tere mere honton pe' with Mr.Ashu in Switzerland ki haseen wadiyan.WinkLOL

ya sure with 2 kids in tow who either wanted to visit the bathroom or wanted to eat chocolates or were very tired to walk or were cold....I didnt even get to sing the romantic numbers in my dreams!LOL

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 2:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TallyHo

Originally posted by Maya_M

. But looks like you didn't miss us as you were busy singing 'Tere mere honton pe' with Mr.Ashu in Switzerland ki haseen wadiyan.WinkLOL

ya sure with 2 kids in tow who either wanted to visit the bathroom or wanted to eat chocolates or were very tired to walk or were cold....I didnt even get to sing the romantic numbers in my dreams!LOL 

LOL maya ..  LOL
Ashu,  awww..   but still the vacation sounds romantic to me !!  I can give you my mom's contact to share the sorrow TongueLOL

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 7:44am | IP Logged

Edited by ani11 - 08 October 2009 at 12:33pm

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top