My review of the book (a few spoilers)

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

Okiez, so what we knew before reading the book:

-The new Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released in bookstores July 16, 2005.
-The title of book 6 is Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, not Harry Potter and the Pillar of Storg.
-The "half-blood prince" is neither Harry Potter nor Voldemort (so who is it?).
-The title was once considered by author J.K. Rowling for the name of book 2, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, which incidentally "holds some very important clues to the ultimate end of the series." She admits "crucial pieces of information" to be revealed in book 6 were actually pulled from that story very early on, as it wasn't the "proper home" for them.
-The opening chapter, Rowling has stated, is actually reborn from discarded early chapters removed from the first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. We may see a more explicit scene of Voldemort killing Harry's parents.
-Harry and friends will be in their sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and most in his class will be 16 years old.
Book six will be "quite a bit shorter" than Order of the Phoenix (book 5).
-Mark Evans is nobody important. The fact that this minor character, mentioned only in passing, has the same last name as Harry's mother (Lily Evans, maiden name), is purely coincidental.

Okiez guyz, this book FINALLY came out this weekend...2 hours at Borders and it was well worth it.. (actually i made my brother go for me).. anywayz.. here's my "official" review of this book..

Well first I'm gonna write out which of the spoilers above actually turned out to be true...

-The new Harry Potter book ACTUALLY came out at 9 pm on July 15th (at Borders at least)
-The Half-Blood Prince is NOT Harry Potter nor Voldemort.
-The opening chapter was NOT an explicit scene of Voldemort killing the Potters.
-Harry and his friends were in their sixth year at Hogwarts. (DUH!)
-The book was shorter than book 5 BUT it looked to me as if the print was a bit smaller.
-Mark Evans who?

Well first of all, I was devastated at the end of Book 5 when my favorite character died, Sirius. I was secretly hoping he would come back to life..sumhow in book 6..since there wasn't a body. *Hey there is still Book 7* There is a VERY shocking ending in which I stared at the page for about 5-10 min wondering if that thing actually happened. We see quite a lot more of Dumbledore in this book. Probably because he was barely there in the previous one. I was happy about Harry's new love interest. Incidentally..Cho was probably mentioned about 2-3 times ONLY in the book and I was surprised to see that their was no real conversation between Harry and Cho. There is A LOT more romance in this book AND quite a lot of "snugging." *Luv Rowling's "descriptions" of it..she's hilarious* I was a bit disappointed about the lack of Quidditch. There was a bit more in this one than the previous book, but not as much as before. I was also surprised at the sudden disappearance of Hermione's obsession with S.P.E.W. We DO NOT see Hermione knitting in this book. I was also surprised at the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher and I can guarantee that there will be a new one (hopefully) in book 7. I wanted to see a bit more of Fred and George's Joke Shop which has become successful. Hogwarts was probably not the same without them. A lot of previously important characters were overshadowed in this book, like Hagrid and Neville. The title, I'm not sure, if it was aptly named and it was VERY deceiving. I think the Half-Blood Prince could have played a bigger role in the book. This book probably signified more of the importance of the battle between Voldemort and Harry and Harry growing up. It prepares us for the final battle between the two in the final book. *tear* One thing that this book has in common with the rest is that it leaves us anxiously waiting for the next book. This book was probably not one of the best Harry Potter books but was still (like the others) amazing!

wow...thanx for the review. i agree with all ur points.

thanks 4 the review buddy
great review. how long did it take u 2 write it?
thnx..it took about 10 min... lolz basically knew what I wanted to say..
yupppp i agrree on all pointz buddy