Support Needed - (One Level up on Groupie

chandu28 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Dear Friends,

I have been an India-Forums member for quite long.  Maybe around 2 to 3 years.  I find it that the forum administrators and moderators have been taking it too far on the topic that we post.  I had posted a topic about Prem and Palchin for a poll with multiple entries. But i find it that it has been changed to a single entry polling.

It has happened with most of my earlier posts too.  Never have I used any abusive language and i am also not against anyone.  I had been a great admirer of India Forums. But even after 2 years my status is still a groupie.  How I wish my status is changed to a coolbie or a moderator.  I hope India-forums development team looks at my issue seriously.  Even though my postings may be low, yet i have been a member for 3 years.

Please help me by giving your support.

Regards,
Chandu

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Firstly, the status "groupie" does not change with the number of years you have spent on IF - it is strictly a mechanical progression linked to the number of posts you make. The Dev teams do not decide on what status to give you - you increase your number of posts and when they reach a certain number, your status has automatically changed. Coolbies provide regular written updates and videobies provide regular videos; only then is your status changed to those levels. Also, you can appeal to your section Mod to nominate you for the next round of promotions - then the mods teams will discuss it and make a decision.

I'm afraid I don't have any knowledge about why (IF) your posts were modified; if you could PM me some examples, I could possibly pass them on to the CM or GM's etc...
super_girl thumbnail
It doesn't matter about how many years you have been @IF...the only thing tht matters is"how active are u"!
Shotz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: super_girl

It doesn't matter about how many years you have been @IF...the only thing tht matters is"how active are u"!

datz tru

shree93 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I thihnk your question has been answered 😉
.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
as vasu mentioned the normal statuses changes concerning the number of posts

when u reach 200 posts u will automatically be chnaged to a senior member

as reagrds to promotions, u need to be active in a section, participate, and generate discussion in the section u want to be promoted on as well as making sure u keep the decorum on the forum according to IF standards, if u meet these requirements u can then put ur name forward to the moderator of the section you wish to get promoted on

here is a link to the dev team of each section