Teen Bahuraniyaan

Teen Bahuraniyaan Article Archives (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 14 April 2007 at 11:40am | IP Logged

Amrapalli falls prey to pranks

Amrapalli GuptaThe youngest bahu of the serial 'Teen Bahuraniyaan' Amrapalli Gupta has been a victim of pranks played by the cast and crew since the very first day.

"When I got ready for the shot for the first day, everybody told me that since it was the first day and I was a new-comer, I had to touch the feet of the director, producer, cameraman and all the senior crew members for blessings and give them 'guru-dakshina' too", recalls Amrapalli. Though it did sound fishy but she agreed since it was told to her seriously.

"Believe it or not I went to the cameraman, touched his feet and even handed him the 'guru-dakshina' when all the crew members stated laughing" laughed this cat-eyed actress. It was only then when she realized that it was a prank.

Not just this, recently Amrapalli was nearly on the verge of tears because of a prank. She had kept her mobile in her bag while shooting when it slipped off and someone from the unit picked it up. "It was only after hours that I realized that my
cell phone was missing. I asked everyone one but yet could not find it. It was only when I was in tears that I was given the cell phone back," informs Amrapalli. They had even asked for a thousand rupees on return of the phone.

Poor girl! She must have thought that ragging days are over in college. But it has got worse here.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news /amrapalli-gupta-130407.html

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Teen Bahuraniyaan Article Archives (Page 3)" in Teen Bahuraniyaan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 15 April 2007 at 6:33pm | IP Logged
Bahu turns babe
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   April 16, 2007

PEHCHaan kaun?: Amrapalli Gupta in the Chatni Mix music video
Though she may be the youngest bahu, Bindi, in the Zee daily Teen Bahuraniyaan, Amrapalli Gupta has now shed her inhibitions along with the six yards.

In a stark contrast to her demure bahu persona on the show, Amrapalli has done a sizzling act in a video from the album Chatni Mix (to be released by Venus Music later this month),

on a remixed version of the yesteryear track, Kaise bani, kaise bani fulori bina chutney.

Full-on fun

ALL WRAPPED UP: Amrapalli Gupta in Teen Bahuraaniyaan
"I did this song a while ago, but because of some problems it didn't release all this while. Now that it's going to be out, I'm really excited.

People will see a totally different side to me," says Amrapalli, of her bindaas turn in the track.

Ravi Bhatia has directed the video, while newcomer Sohani has sung the song. "We had great fun during the shoot of this video.

I am doing all those typical jhatka-matka moves that you seen in remix videos. And yes, I'm dressed to kill," she adds.

Meanwhile as bahu number three in Teen Bahuraaniyan, Amrapalli continues her act as the couch potato who ends up tying the knot with a TV serial writer just so she can be one step closer to the soapy stars.

Did you know?

WET WET WET: Amrapalli Gupta with Amit Sadh

Amrapalli Gupta was to star opposite Amit Sadh in the Sony show Kulvaddhu, which is now off air.

Both the actors had shot for a pilot of Anuj Saxena's Maverick Productions show, then titled Niyati.

However, both Amrapalli and Amit did not feature in the final cast call.

But one look at the picture and it seemed both Amrapalli and Amit had one really wet experience!

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/april/155517.htm

* ~ Roshni ~ *

IF-Rockerz

* ~ Roshni ~ *

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 4:33pm | IP Logged

Short circuited

The set of Zee's Teen Bahuraniyan was charred, thanks to a havan sequence that resulted in a short circuit 

Ranjib Mazumder

A still from Teen Bahuraniyan

There can't be smoke with fire. And where there's a wedding, there has to be a fire. Call a serial Teen Bahuraniyan, and you'll have a wedding set too many to handle. This is precisely what went through the minds of Zee executives as a grand wedding sequence turned into a blazing nightmare for the channel. The unit of this newly-launched soap Teen Bahuraniyan was shooting a majestic wedding scene when the set caught fire thanks to a short circuit. Adding fuel to the fire, literally, was the havan. Half of the precious set was gutted and the producers suffered a loss tallying up to a good few lakhs.

Since daughters-in-laws (all three of them) are the main premise of the story, the wedding sequence was supposed to be lavishly shot. "We took a long period to design the set elaborately with flowers, silky decorations, lighting and a whole lot of things. When the shooting was halfway through, one side of the set suddenly caught fire. The elaborate lighting only worsened the situation. Half of the set was gutted in no time," says producer Hemal Thakkar. When the shooting was on, 20 artistes and 120 junior artistes were inside. With fire breaking out, everyone freaked and there was pandemonium. Thankfully, the unit members kept their cool and everyone was evacuated safely. Shooting came to a halt and was delayed for almost a day.

Interestingly, the producer has a different take on the accident. "When people were fixing the lights, there were several instances of flickering - but we ignored it. I guess, God sent us the signal and warned us to be more careful next time and take precautions," he said.

Edited by * ~ Roshni ~ * - 24 April 2007 at 4:36pm

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 13 May 2007 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Manava Naik's scooty scare

The Punjabi bahu in Teen Bahuraniyaan, Manava Naik has been enjoying the show more than acting, for the exciting biking she gets to do in it. Manava who plays the role of Manjeet comes from a Punjabi background into the Gujrati family in the show. She is the extrovert, straight forward bahu and a media reporter, who rides a scooty around the town. Manava had tried riding a bike only once long back when she was 17, was amused when the first question the production house popped was if she could ride a bike. And a very confident Manava embarrassed herself on the first day of shoot, when she banged the bike into co-star Manish Rai Singhani's car and created a dent. "It was embarrassing, but now I can promise I have excelled in it and enjoying it every bit," says Manava Looks like someone's having a jolly good ride!

amrita93

Goldie

amrita93

Posted: 16 May 2007 at 8:19am | IP Logged

Saas ho to Meenakshi jaisi!

It is very often that we hear different stories about the usual fights between the saas and bahus. Their relation is rarely said to be that of a peaceful co-existence.

But here is a unique saas who loves her bahu and tries to make her wishes come true! Surprised? Well this pair is none other than the onscreen saas-bahu of 'Teen Bahuraaniyan' - Meenakshi a k a Indira as saas and Kadambari Kadam a k a Janki as her bahu.

Meenakshi is a very mean character as the mother-in-law on screen and wants to control her daughter-in-law in every aspect of life. But, believe us, in real life she is exactly the opposite of her character. She loves and takes extra care of her on screen bahu Kadambari.

"Once just like that I told her that I love to eat pani puri a lot. Meenakshi, who plays my saas on screen, over heard this and, to my surprise, the next day bought a bottle of pani. She also bought tamarind chatni and purchased some puri from outside.

I was so overwhelmed over Meenakshi's gesture and am really very happy, as she is so sweet and caring. I wish aisi saas sabko mile, saas ho to aisi", gushed an overwhelmed Kadambari.

Unexpectedly, that such an on screen mean and bad saas can be so caring towards her bahu is really amazing to know! Really, we also say that saas ho to Meenakshi jaisi!

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=14844

Edited by amrita93 - 16 May 2007 at 8:20am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top