Fashion and Beauty

~*~Our very first....TOTR!! ~*~ - Page 2

Naina_Manam thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Congrats Divya, love reading your posts!!

Well, here are my questions...

Do you tend to follow fashion or create your own?

What is style statement?

Less is more about makeup, love that! Totally my thoughts too, so do you wear makeup on everyday basis and if yes then what?

Who according to you is most stylist in Bollywood?

Is it necessary to follow the trend or wear what you're comfortable in?

That's it for now, enjoy your week! 😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DivyaD thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: DeepAnBH

Less is more, Cool one Divya

What accessories do you use for a normal wear ?

Thanks... Funky earrings, bangle or bracelet and a watch. I change my hand bag almost every week, depending on my mood and what I'm wearing.

DivyaD thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: ankuhujulover

congrats divya...umm lemme ask sumthng

1)whts in ths summmer

2)wht colours wl u prefer fr a party

3)ur fav designer/brand

4)ur fashion mantra

5)any advice ull gv us

thts it fr now πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks for the wishes and the questions... and I look forward to more from u... i supposeπŸ˜•

1)whts in ths summmer  - here, in SA, summer is nearing completion, but for summer, it was bright colours as usual, green and blue was particularly in, bikini tops (which I don't wear) and denim cut off's, 3/4 pants in any material, mainly linens with flat sandals, chunky belts, baby doll tops, hem caught at the hip tops (whatever they are called... ummm yeah, thats it I guess! πŸ˜†

2)wht colours wl u prefer fr a party - either blue (turquoise to sky blue) or black.

3)ur fav designer/brand - I love Guess (clothes and accessories),  for casuals, I love Levi strauss or Guess and for formal, I adore Sissy Boy and a local designer label called Life.

4)ur fashion mantra Less is more! 😳

5)any advice ull gv us u want MY advice... Aaaaw, I'm flattered! 😳 Well, I'm really not the best person to give fashion advice, but in my experience... always wear what u r comfortable in and what suits, never follow fashion blindly, esp. as some clothes dont compliment every1. It shows when u r uncomfortable in what u r wearing nd strips away confidence, just as looking good and being smartly dressed, gives confidence!

Thanks... rocking questions!!! I enjoyed them! πŸ‘

DivyaD thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: momogrl21

Congoooo Divyaa!!!
Hope you enjoyyy!!!

What does fashion mean to you?

What is a trend setter?

Do you follow the trends or make the trend?

enjoy=]

Love,
Momo

Thanks Momo... I will enjoy it! 😊

What does fashion mean to you? Fashion, to me, means what looks good, not what some supposed fashion Guru proclaims as THE fashion of the season. Fashion is a personal thing... its what suits you, what accesories, clothing items u choose to wear together that makes that PERSONAL FASHION STATEMENT, that is you! I see nothing wrong in dressing to play down the negative aspects of maybe your fugure or vice versa...it all adds to your own unique style that makes people sit up and notice you!

What is a trend setter?  Some1, who regardless of the current fashion, creates his/her own style and still looks good, even when going against the currentfashion. This person would obviously have taste, class and personal fashion sense.

Do you follow the trends or make the trend? Definitely make the trend! πŸ˜‰

Thanks 4 the questions... they were fun!

meghavi thumbnail

Heyy divya…I liked reading some of ur answers πŸ˜›β€¦esp 'always wear what u r comfortable in and what suits, never follow fashion blindly' =)

Some questions from my side:

1.)    What do you prefer…flats or flip flops? And why?

2.)   What's your fave shoe brand?  Puma, Fila, adidas?? Etc…

3.)   How often do you wear blazers?  Like not the..professional looking ones…I'm talking about the ones, that can be worn just casually…

4.)   What are your comments on this dress - http://blog.zoozoom.com/zoozoom/afshinfeiz.jpg

5.)   Camouflage aka Military aka army cloths, have been 'in' for quite some time now… - http://www.nexternal.com/armynavy/images/Womens-camo-blazer1 .gif. What are your thoughts on them?

DivyaD thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: gk_09

Congratz Divya! Yours always a great member whos posts things that catch the eye. πŸ˜ƒ Well, along with everyone else, I am also here to grill, bake and cook you πŸ˜›

1) Do you think make-up is a wanted product or a needed product?
2) Whats your opnion on make-up in general?
3) Do you often go with the trend or wear what your comfortable in?
4) If you use make-up, what brand do you use?
5) Do you have any special Fashion and Beauty tips for our F&B-ians?

~ Gurprit 😊
(btw Megz, you spelt my name wrong 😳 )

Thanks Gurprit 4 those sweet comments! 😳 (except the grill, bake and cook me comment)  No... its ok... I look forward to all ur questions...πŸ˜‰

1) Do you think make-up is a wanted product or a needed product? Actually, I think both... Make up is owrn as a shield by some people - thats why some ple wear totally outrageous m/up, like bright green eyeshadow, or white lipstick or heavy black m/up- its something they feel they NEED to wear and it gives them a sense of "cover", or to make a statament! Other ple do need m/up for real,  - like some ple with facial burns, and eczema, etc - they do genuinely rely on m/up to feel accepted, in a diff. way to others who wear it to make a statement. So in this sense it is a needed product... then we come to the fashion guys (like me 😳) who wear it to enhance good points and cover up the bad, to sometimes feel completeor just, cos you feel like it! πŸ˜†some people actually feel naked or unprotected without their layer of m/up.πŸ˜•
2) Whats your opnion on make-up in general?
I think, yes use it, go for it, but at the same time, keep in mind that its good to go "natural" from time to time.
3) Do you often go with the trend or wear what your comfortable in? More often, its what I'm comfortable in.
4) If you use make-up, what brand do you use? I do use make up, though very lightly (except when I dance). I use Yves Saint Laurent and Body Shop.
5) Do you have any special Fashion and Beauty tips for our F&B-ians? As I said before, wear what u r comfortable rather than just wearing what is in at the moment. Go with instinct, if your first reaction is "yuk"!, but its in fashion, DO NOT BUY IT! It will probably remain in your cupboard unworn, or u'll wear it feeling like an idiot πŸ˜† and being uncomfortable the entire time! πŸ˜• When it comes to beauty, go light on the foundation πŸ˜† and the eyeliner... - just a personal opinion and the understated and subtle look is always much classier than in your face over done up m/up.

Thanks Gurprit! I enjoyed the q's. 😊

Edited by DivyaD - 17 years ago
DivyaD thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Naina_Manam

Congrats Divya, love reading your posts!! Aaaw... thanks, I enjoy reading urs as well!

Well, here are my questions...

Do you tend to follow fashion or create your own? Always create my own. I am very aware of my need to splash out and always be unique - hence my personal fashion sense

What is style statement? Singular personal style...definitely 1 in a million! 😊 its what u r. Its the statement u make by dressing in a certain way and it says a lot about u before u say or do anything.

Less is more about makeup, love that! Totally my thoughts too, so do you wear makeup on everyday basis and if yes then what? Thanks Naina, Yes,  I do use make up regularly -  fair and lovely moisturiser, kajal and lipgloss everyday. If i have a meeting then I use eyeshadow and lipstick as I have to attempt to look older! πŸ˜† And when I go out in the evening, then some light eyeshadow - generally grey or cream, just a light dusting to enhance my eyes, kajal, and tinted gloss. Sometimes, though very rarely, I use glimmer blush (mainly for functions)

Who according to you is most stylist in Bollywood? Hmmm... Preity Zinta and Aishwarya Rai. Both always make bold fashion statements when out in public and especially when they go to a function. But its hard to judge because stars mostly wear outfits specially designed for them - which is generally an expression of a designer's creativity, not their personal taste. 

Is it necessary to follow the trend or wear what you're comfortable in? Wear what you're comfortable in... u'll never go wrong!!! At times, I guess one will fond the necessity to follow trends, but then, never forget who u really are...

That's it for now, enjoy your week! 😳

Thanks Naina... awesome q's...πŸ‘

DivyaD thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: meghavi

Heyy divya…I liked reading some of ur answers πŸ˜›β€¦esp 'always wear what u r comfortable in and what suits, never follow fashion blindly' =)

Thanks Megz!... I enjoyed answering every single one of the Q's so far... 😊

Some questions from my side:

1.)    What do you prefer…flats or flip flops? And why? Hmmm... definitely flats. Flip flops are extremely casual, and to be honest, I don't own a pair of flops, they're just not me. I mainly wear heels, and if I wear flats, they are decorative rather than casual. If I were to go really casual, I'd probably be in sneakers.πŸ˜†

2.)   What's your fave shoe brand?  Puma, Fila, adidas?? Etc…If we're talking sneakers, then Sketchers, Diesel and Nike. Other shoes will be Sissy Boy and Me Too.

3.)   How often do you wear blazers?  Like not the..professional looking ones…I'm talking about the ones, that can be worn just casually…about 3 - 4 times in 2 weeks... I think.😳

4.)   What are your comments on this dress - http://blog.zoozoom.com/zoozoom/afshinfeiz.jpg

Cute... though I am not a dress person. πŸ˜† The boots are a bit much, but otherwise, the effect is actually not that bad. Its very airy and fresh, while having class and an "I'm with it" look. The dress is actually really pretty and the neck line and design is sweet, If I were to buy a dress (which I have never done)I may consider this one... πŸ˜† Its really cute, tho I'd wear it minus the boots. πŸ˜‰

5.)   Camouflage aka Military aka army cloths, have been 'in' for quite some time now… - http://www.nexternal.com/armynavy/images/Womens-camo-blazer1 .gif. What are your thoughts on them? Funky, I own a pair of army 3/4 pants ... i think they're excellent as casuals and can be dressed up or down... and they suit nearly everyone - which is a plus, it being a fashion item.

Thanks again Megz for making me TOTR and the Q's were lovely! The idea of TOTR is just brilliant! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

DivyaD thumbnail

Thanks everyone for your generous well wishes! I am sure to have an awesome week with friends like u guys around... Hope u all have a fantastic week! πŸ˜‰

I have been so busy since Thursday, so I'm really sorry for all the late responses... but, I have finally answered all the q's! πŸ˜ƒ Which were indeed incredibly enjoyable, I must say. Some really made me think... And I know there will be more...   So, I'm preparing myself! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

xXx  DiVyA πŸ˜‰

DivyaD thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: umi82990

oh awesome!!

well i have questions for you!! 😳

Thanks Umi...Sweet questionnaire...

Here r ur answers:

1. First film... Geez! I so cannot remember that, Was probably Old Macdonald's farm or something, but if u were to ask first film that was memorable and made an impact, it would be "Not without my daughter". Yes, very contreversial, but hard hitting.

2. Hmmm... I will be fair here, I have many of these, First one, When my dad gave me my own set of house keys, later when he gave me his car keys  πŸ˜† My Prom night, My sisters wedding, My graduation and most recently my engagement.

3. Hmmm... its a toss up between Bollywood and Hollywood, Tho I'm leaning towards Bollywood...

4. Last yr's - my 22nd - My fiance proposed to me 😳

5. 22 - Don't worry, its not too personal.

6. Hmmm... personality sketch: Lets see... sweet! 😳 fiercely loyal, caring, genuine, quick tempered, dry wit, sometimes very sarcastic, i have my crazy moods, funny, intense, friendly, extrovert...😊

7. My parents, and I have 2 siblings - 1 bro and 1 sis.

8. I love my parents the most (both of them)

9. I am registered on a few, but only active on IF, I have no internet life beyond IF πŸ˜†

10. My mother

11. Dancing

12. Difficult... umm, at the moment, I'd say Way back into Love from Music and Lyrics

13. At the moment Music and Lyrics.

14. Blue

15. Sonu Nigam

16. Yikes! Too many... Tho, Maybe the Bhagavad Gita, I try to read a chapter every day

17. Hmm, again too difficult! πŸ˜†

18. Hmmm... these r so difficult! 😭 Ok, I would say to be a good person, morally and religiously, to be successful in both my career and my personal life. To never hurt my parents and to be an understanding wife and an excellent mom some day.😳

About IF:

First friend: Leena (Jigglypuff)

Best friend: Kal-el and Mehak

Helpful member: Fairy Angel (Parita) and Sree

Most Bhakwaas... : Do i have to say?πŸ˜• This person has my address and may set a target on me! OMG!! I think I just gave it away... *Divya turns and runs for her life*

Fave section: Sindoor, SP and recently Fashion and beauty

Why I joined IF: I was looking for updates for Piya ka ghar and came across IF - I've been hooked since! 😳

Like most about IF: I love the fact tht its about meeting people. And when u do meet ple, they don't judge u, and if they do, they judge u only based on intellectual std's - what u say and how u speak. Not looks. Which is very important to me.

---

Thanks Umi... very nice q's... U call that brief?!? πŸ₯± Its waaaayyy past my bed time now! πŸ˜† They looked very short when I readthro them... then I had to ANSWER them! πŸ˜† Thanks again...