Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 8:39pm | IP Logged

Disclaimer:- I Like Sachin, no offense and this topic is more generic.

Do you think bad performance of star performer in a team (any sports/ proff) jeopradises teams moral to accomplish the goal?

Best example is Sachin - most of the time when Sachin looses it, the whole team loose it - current example is today's match. They could have pulled this game but ...

Any clues or inputs how to mitigate this risk as this is the scenario everywhere if you think about it?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sachin's perf. jeopradises team Morale?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
No, I am against that theory..
When sachin hits a century, does everyone do that?
When he outdoes himself, does the team always win?

If not, then when he fails to perform, they should complement his shortcoming and work double not to let their hero and their nation down Embarrassed
WTH @ morals down by one performer.. LOL LOL
Only when every player is a team player, yet a leader by his own acoomplishments, a real winning team is made.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 23 March 2007 at 9:27pm

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 10:15pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

If not, then when he fails to perform, they should complement his shortcoming and work double not to let their hero and their nation down Embarrassed
Only when every player is a team player, yet a leader by his own acoomplishments, a real winning team is made.

ClapClap on bold / black text.

Other part:

Sachin low score, team collapses on most of the occasions.

Sachin high score percentage of wins is more.

Work Double Clap good thought but thats what IMO these guys lack. Ok just relax... dream india team winning ...who is the first person that comes to mind or say best three - Sachin is always there, isnt it?. Now with this type of public faith. other members of team also believe more in Sachin then them selves.Hence the demoralization can be explained.

Thoughts?

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

ClapClap on bold / black text.

Other part:

Sachin low score, team collapses on most of the occasions.

Sachin high score percentage of wins is more.

Work Double Clap good thought but thats what IMO these guys lack. Ok just relax... dream india team winning ...who is the first person that comes to mind or say best three - Sachin is always there, isnt it?. Now with this type of public faith. other members of team also believe more in Sachin then them selves.Hence the demoralization can be explained.

Thoughts?

You've got a valid point there.  That's because nobody has been able to perform so well yet (consistently).  Isn;t that sad given that we have about 1 billions humans turning O2 into CO2, yet few / no player who could perform well, w/o sachin showing the guiding every single match LOL

Agarkar for fast bowler?  Come on!!!  Did we really have no one else around?  Too much pressure on sachin's shoulders..

(my mom is upset that he was apparently laughing sitting in the stands Ouch and I heard a lecture from her just now as if i had asked him/ paid him  to laugh ConfusedLOL)

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

shabari

IF-Dazzler

shabari

Posted: 24 March 2007 at 1:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Disclaimer:- I Like Sachin, no offense and this topic is more generic.

Do you think bad performance of star performer in a team (any sports/ proff) jeopradises teams moral to accomplish the goal?

Best example is Sachin - most of the time when Sachin looses it, the whole team loose it - current example is today's match. They could have pulled this game but ...

Any clues or inputs how to mitigate this risk as this is the scenario everywhere if you think about it?

This could be said maybe 5 to 6 years back when sachin was infact the star performer. now he is a mere member who should prove that if he performs ,he has a place in the Indian team.but, why blame him,the yuvrajs,dhonis, ganugulys and sehwags are also to blame. but sachin has a had Lion's share and shld pave the way for youngsters and give the team outside supprt by guiding the freshers.

S a r a h

IF-Sizzlerz

S a r a h

Posted: 24 March 2007 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
I have never seen a player who has such a tremendous record in cricket as sachin(heard of bradman but never saw him playing Confused )... but the point here is Sachin is more successful as a player than our Team India is at International level of cricket...
just want to say that he is such a talented cricketer, why doesnt he voluntarily come up to teach a few steps or tricks to youngsters in the team itself(atleast) so that more than one Sachin in the team make us feel satisfied with the performance...
here anyone agrees with me or not but I feel that Sachin plays more for himself than for the victory of the match... eventually we win the match & forget about the team effort when we see a 3 digit score of Sachin Ouch

RonnieK

IF-Rockerz

RonnieK

Posted: 24 March 2007 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
i like sachin

but they should not have put him in if he wasnt doing good
if they can take out sehwag, irfan, or anyone else then same could be done for sachin
aur shayad woh sudhar sakta thaLOL

but i heard this is his last WC, not sure though

Post Reply New Post

Go to top