Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 8:33pm | IP Logged

Murders as you know are people to take lives out of humans and are subjected to capital punishment.

Social Murders are people who other then leaving a pumping heart and traumatized mind  murders a persons dignity. Yes this is a very sensitive topic and if by now u don't get it then thanks for reading Smile

This has been a question in my mind after reading / hearing /following few stories.

Does social murders deserve Capital punishment instead of 7 years or 14 years of confinement?

PS - feel free to express helps us understand how the laws are laid based on some intellect tought process.Thanks

Edited by raj5000 - 23 March 2007 at 8:40pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Social Murders - verdict?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
I'd love to know from someone who studies law. I have limited knowledge and hence will say just one thing.

IMO, 7/14 years in prison followed by castration and preferably removal of the vital organ involved in such act, sounds about right punishment. removal of organ for a life-time of humiliation and castration to remove the drive so that the person does not become violent in other ways (such hurting by force/ artificial weapon). Confused

I also feel that the victim should be made at ease as much as possible instead of making them feel that they've lost their dignity. Remind them that an act such as that does not involve debasing one's character. Especially in societies where women feel guilty and committ suicide, we really should support them and educate people around them.
qt

Edited by mermaid_QT - 23 March 2007 at 11:34pm

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 10:07pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

I'd love to know from someone who studies law. I have limited knowledge and hence will say juts one thing.

IMO, 7/14 years in prison followed by castration and preferably removal of the vital organ involved in such act, sounds about right punishment. removal of organ for a life-time of humiliation and castration to remove the drive so that the person does not become violent in other ways (such hurting by force/ artificial weapon). Confused

I also feel that the victim should be made at ease as much as possible instead of making them feel that they've lost their dignity. Remind them that an act such as that does not involve debasing one's character. Especially in societies where women feel guilty and committ suicide, we really should support them and educate people around them.
qt

Is there a award to give to person with most honest views? You got it QT atleast 3 votes. Smile 

Execellent verdict. This question came so many times infront of law makers but still no change. Wonder who are against such laws, nothing against them I want to understand that reasoning. Alas, no such lawmaker or open minded viewer vistis IF.Ouch

souro

souro

Posted: 24 March 2007 at 5:35am | IP Logged

This is one issue I have thought about so much and I always felt strongly about this. In India the maximum sentence for rape is seven years of RI. Most of the times the accused get even lighter sentences. I feel it should be seven years of RI and then hang him so that he can contemplate for seven years and die even before he is actually hanged.

However, one thing I've noticed that recently women have started misusing all the new laws. They were developed to empower them but many a time they are using it to seek revenge. So, before implicating anyone the case should be thoroughly investigated and only when confirmed beyond all doubt should the accused be punished. And in case of false allegation the woman/ women involved should also be severely punished.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by egghatcher

instead of mangling with all god given organs why not perform a simple pre-frontal lobotomy and sever that nerve that triggers those urges ?

That would not be humuliating enough.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 15 April 2007 at 11:25am | IP Logged
This news really disgusts me.DeadDeadDead
On a positive note however, the parents of this girl atleast came forward and launched the complaint.

Whether and how can justice be served?

The material may contain disturbing facts which may be unsuitable for certain children.
http://www.rediff.com/news/2007/apr/15rape.htm

Mumbai: Cancer patient raped in hospital
April 15, 2007 19:26 IST

A 16-year old girl was allegedly raped in the operation theatre of the Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai by two wardboys while undergoing treatment for cancer, police said on Sunday.

The incident has evoked widespread condemnation, with authorities announcing a probe into the matter. There were demonstrations outside the hospital with protestors seeking immediate action against the guilty.

The girl alleged that she was raped by two ward boys while she was unconscious in the operation theatre, police said after she filed the complaint with Bhoiwada police station.

The duo also verbally abused her while she was coming out of the operation theatre in a semi-conscious state, police said.

The girl, who is now five months pregnant, belongs to a minority community and is a resident of suburban Goregaon.

She was undergoing treatment at the hospital from October 4, 2006 and was operated on November 11, police said. She was discharged two months after being admitted but continued visiting the hospital regularly for check-up, police said.

After the she stopped having her periods, her mother enquired with doctors who initially told her that the period may have stopped due to 'excess blood loss and weakness'.

When she went to the hospital on April 7, Dr Mandeep examined her and informed that she was pregnant, police said. The girl, along with her parents, lodged police complaint on Saturday.

An official at the Bhoiwada police station said no arrests have been made so far.

Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister R R Patil has asked DCP of the area to probe the matter, police sources said.

May she and her family have the courage to face these adversities. 

Edited by mermaid_QT - 15 April 2007 at 11:28am

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 April 2007 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 15 April 2007 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Murders as you know are people to take lives out of humans and are subjected to capital punishment.

Social Murders are people who other then leaving a pumping heart and traumatized mind  murders a persons dignity. Yes this is a very sensitive topic and if by now u don't get it then thanks for reading Smile

This has been a question in my mind after reading / hearing /following few stories.

Does social murders deserve Capital punishment instead of 7 years or 14 years of confinement?

PS - feel free to express helps us understand how the laws are laid based on some intellect tought process.Thanks

Thats too idealistic talk... Define dignity..... Ok I didnt get waht are you talk of so will have some beer.. thanks...Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top