Harry Potter

the books or the movies??

Poll Question: Which do you like better--the Harry Potter books or the movies?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
13 [65.00%]
7 [35.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

*Anjali*

IF-Dazzler

*Anjali*

Posted: 05 December 2004 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
Which do you like better?  Although the movies are great, I really like the books better b/c they are what started it all (obviously) and the movies don't cover everything the books do.  Yet, the movies are entertaining...let me know what you think.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "the books or the movies??" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kaleidoscope

IF-Veteran Member

kaleidoscope

Posted: 06 December 2004 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Movies are good but personally i prefer Harry potter Books..........U know we can use our imagination better in them.

KK_lassi

IF-Veteran Member

KK_lassi

Posted: 06 December 2004 at 5:02am | IP Logged

Books are my opinion. Movies dont give the dept and detail..nor can we njoi Ron-Hermoinee clashes as they are in books. True choco, our imagination is sure to be used in books.

But Movies have given us the acting-Charcters to imagine on..(Harry,fred,Ron..etc)..which books couldnt! I prefer books..and also movies...to see HP somewhere else than to imagination.

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 06 December 2004 at 6:01am | IP Logged

The books hooked me in the first place...If it weren't for the books, I would have never watched the movies.

KK_lassi

IF-Veteran Member

KK_lassi

Posted: 06 December 2004 at 6:05am | IP Logged
er.. movies hooked me first..and now i became book loving!

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 06 December 2004 at 6:16am | IP Logged

Well, I actually thought that the books were childish so I didn't want to read them initially.

Then one day I just saw them in the library and I was bored so I decided to check out the 1st one...My plan was to read the 1st chapter and then do some homework...

No prizes for guessing that I didn't do my homework until I finished the whole book.LOL

The movies are enjoyable to watch because of the effects, but I love the books because of the details and extra info on other characters.

Edited by MysticaMagic - 06 December 2004 at 6:16am

KK_lassi

IF-Veteran Member

KK_lassi

Posted: 06 December 2004 at 6:30am | IP Logged

Ohhhh Mystica..i never knew tht...u leaving studies!!

i too never study..now ... if the book is in my hand!

Rifhat

Goldie

Rifhat

Posted: 06 December 2004 at 6:43am | IP Logged

Due to no access to the books till i get from my sis, i say movies cause the reason i got hooked on Harry Potter was the movie as at first when i heard both the books i just ignored it ! The interest clicked when i watched the movie as i am a keen lover of movies or novels which have magic and adventure in it.

Although i agree that books have more info then the movies but in this case i got hooked on Harry Potter because of the movie.

Cheers,

Rifhat

Post Reply New Post

Go to top