Debate Mansion

Non Vegetarians Animal Activists - Moral? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 15

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 05 April 2007 at 1:28am | IP Logged
Eating Eggs is cruel too...! Cry

Thiruvananthapuram, April 5: People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) held an awareness campaign here yesterday about "the pain and suffering chickens have to undergo in modern poultry farms" and asked people to avoid eating eggs.

"Please do not contribute to the pain and suffering of chickens," PETA campaign coordinator Rohini Kamath said.

She said to produce eggs the birds were kept in crowded sheds and were treated as egg-laying machines.

Young 'layer hens' were kept in complete darkness except at feeding time. When they reach the egg-laying stage, they were subjected to harsh and continuous light, she added. (Agencies)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Non Vegetarians Animal Activists - Moral? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 05 April 2007 at 1:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by raksha.l

There could be pages of arguments going back and forth, however its just plain and simple to understand that 'Non-Vegetarians have no moral right to preach about not hurting animals'PERIOD!

Vegetarians don't have either unless they stop using milk and all other animal products like Wool, Leather etc. Any form of animal abuse is an abuse 'PERIOD'.Smile 

Well that's another topic, which could be discussed in another thread..Big smile

This topic is about -If non-vegetarians have the moral right to work as animal right activists...

You tell me if you are for it or against...Simple...Embarrassed..But yeah since you said any form of animal abuse is abuse, can I take it as, you are against to the non-vegetarians preaching FOR animal rights???

I am not a animal rights activist...However, I try to stop animal abuse in my own little way, in my sphere of influence...I dont use leather or any leather products...and btw wool doesnt kill the lamb...Its good for the lamb in a way..Or so  I heard somewhere...Correct me please if I am wrong...Big smile..I have friends who are seriously involved with animal rights issue and have given up eating non-veg including egg...The bottom line is whether its a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian, if someone is abusing animals(and eating them or for sport/pleasureDead), he/she has no right to fight for animal rights...

cheers,
Raksha

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 April 2007 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 April 2007 at 12:19pm | IP Logged

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 April 2007 at 12:29pm | IP Logged

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 05 April 2007 at 12:57pm | IP Logged

Plants have life too...everyone knows that. Plants have been known to response to music....
so all those who love their plants stop eating plants and vegetables ?

A lioness once cared for an oxy calf.......

It was shown in the NDTV and has been posted in a blog...I am sure if we search for it, we will find the article; Meanwhile I picked it up at a blog:

Other day I was watching a documentry on a Lioness who stayed with an Orxy calf without harming it. I mean they were staying together as a family, the Lioness looked after the Oryx as if it was its own cub. It of course couldn't feed the Oryx calf which was starving, acually both the animals were starving and the Lioness couldn't even think of making the Oryx calf its meal. Totally amazing! They stayed together for about 15 days and one fine day when they were wandering a huge Lion attacked the Oryx calf which was so weak that it could barely run. The Lioness was completely helpless in front of a Lion, the only thing it could do was hide behind the bushes and watch the calf being torn and eaten ruthlessly by the King of the Jungle.

-------------------------------------------------

So would that mean that the lioness stopped eating meat and started eating grass?

It's a well known fact that vegetarians often lack in many important supplements that are found in a non veg meal; Many of the medicines are made up of non veg material...most of the bio medical life saving drugs have animal materials in them. Which means that by nature, man was designed to be a meat eater by God.

So is changing diet a pre requisite to compassion? Why someone cannot save a puppy and then have chicken for dinner?

Either this, or let the puppy die...after all, who has a piece of chicken on the dinner plate better let the puppy die or become a hypocrite.....

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 05 April 2007 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

A request to topic starter:

Could you rename the thread to "Are humans who directly or indirectly hurt animals in any form have any right to preach others and help in animal shelters'?WinkBig smile I don't want to start a new thread on the same Embarrassed

*wondering is a bait for the topic starterWink

Yes Ma'am am here. LOL thats a too big of a sentence to fit in topic name but got you point Wink.

Was on mute seeing Raksha in full form and my slight contradiction from a similar post before.WinkEmbarrassed

BTW Maya - "Animal abuse in any form is an abuse and that makes all humans hypocrites." Animal abuse including pest control LOL and mosquito repellants.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 05 April 2007 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

BTW Maya - "Animal abuse in any form is an abuse and that makes all humans hypocrites." Animal abuse including pest control LOL and mosquito repellants.

Bingo!  I think I also had the pleasure of saying the same to someone in the similar topic.. LOLLOL..  not repellants, but mosquito killers for sure.  what hapened to that thread?? Tongue let me pull it out.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 05 April 2007 at 2:25pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top