Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
There could be pages of arguments going back and forth, however its just plain and simple to understand that 'Non-Vegetarians have no moral right to preach about not hurting animals'PERIOD!

Originally posted by: raksha.l

There could be pages of arguments going back and forth, however its just plain and simple to understand that 'Non-Vegetarians have no moral right to preach about not hurting animals'PERIOD!

Vegetarians don't have either unless they stop using milk and all other animal products like Wool, Leather etc. Any form of animal abuse is an abuse 'PERIOD'.😊 

TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Eating Eggs is cruel too...! 😭

Thiruvananthapuram, April 5: People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) held an awareness campaign here yesterday about "the pain and suffering chickens have to undergo in modern poultry farms" and asked people to avoid eating eggs.

"Please do not contribute to the pain and suffering of chickens," PETA campaign coordinator Rohini Kamath said.

She said to produce eggs the birds were kept in crowded sheds and were treated as egg-laying machines.

Young 'layer hens' were kept in complete darkness except at feeding time. When they reach the egg-laying stage, they were subjected to harsh and continuous light, she added. (Agencies)

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maya_M

Vegetarians don't have either unless they stop using milk and all other animal products like Wool, Leather etc. Any form of animal abuse is an abuse 'PERIOD'.😊 

Well that's another topic, which could be discussed in another thread..πŸ˜ƒ

This topic is about -If non-vegetarians have the moral right to work as animal right activists...

You tell me if you are for it or against...Simple...😳..But yeah since you said any form of animal abuse is abuse, can I take it as, you are against to the non-vegetarians preaching FOR animal rights???

I am not a animal rights activist...However, I try to stop animal abuse in my own little way, in my sphere of influence...I dont use leather or any leather products...and btw wool doesnt kill the lamb...Its good for the lamb in a way..Or so  I heard somewhere...Correct me please if I am wrong...πŸ˜ƒ..I have friends who are seriously involved with animal rights issue and have given up eating non-veg including egg...The bottom line is whether its a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian, if someone is abusing animals(and eating them or for sport/pleasure🀒), he/she has no right to fight for animal rights...

cheers,
Raksha

@Raksha: I am against any hypocrite preaching 'PERIOD'. Non vegetarians or Vegetarians doesn't matter. Non Vegetarians don't hunt for the food. They buy thte dead animals. Similarly those who eat only egg or wear leather or wear woolen clothes all buy it from shop. Those who drink milk which is actually produced for thte calf. In a way all of them supporting animal abuse indirectly.

But I still believe anyone can help in animal shelter. It is the thought that counts.

Originally posted by: raksha.l

and btw wool doesnt kill the lamb...Its good for the lamb in a way..Or so  I heard somewhere...Correct me please if I am wrong...πŸ˜ƒ..

You are wrong. Yaks and Sheep are kept in severe conditions and reared in such a way that they get hurt. It is not just what they shed but wool is also taken from what is there for those animals to protect themselves from hard conditions. It is so convinient to blame others and then actually provide justification for one's own wrong deeds.

Have you heard of Silk? How many worms are crushed to make silk. My friend has started an organisation to help people realise and stop using Silk.

Animal abuse in any form is an abuse and that makes all humans hypocrites.

If we can't argue about Vegetarian hypocrites in Nonvegetarian hypocrites thread then I can start another. Let me know.

Edited by Maya_M - 17 years ago

A request to topic starter:

Could you rename the thread to "Are humans who directly or indirectly hurt animals in any form have any right to preach others and help in animal shelters'?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ I don't want to start a new thread on the same 😳

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Plants have life too...everyone knows that. Plants have been known to response to music....
so all those who love their plants stop eating plants and vegetables ?

A lioness once cared for an oxy calf.......

It was shown in the NDTV and has been posted in a blog...I am sure if we search for it, we will find the article; Meanwhile I picked it up at a blog:

Other day I was watching a documentry on a Lioness who stayed with an Orxy calf without harming it. I mean they were staying together as a family, the Lioness looked after the Oryx as if it was its own cub. It of course couldn't feed the Oryx calf which was starving, acually both the animals were starving and the Lioness couldn't even think of making the Oryx calf its meal. Totally amazing! They stayed together for about 15 days and one fine day when they were wandering a huge Lion attacked the Oryx calf which was so weak that it could barely run. The Lioness was completely helpless in front of a Lion, the only thing it could do was hide behind the bushes and watch the calf being torn and eaten ruthlessly by the King of the Jungle.

-------------------------------------------------

So would that mean that the lioness stopped eating meat and started eating grass?

It's a well known fact that vegetarians often lack in many important supplements that are found in a non veg meal; Many of the medicines are made up of non veg material...most of the bio medical life saving drugs have animal materials in them. Which means that by nature, man was designed to be a meat eater by God.

So is changing diet a pre requisite to compassion? Why someone cannot save a puppy and then have chicken for dinner?

Either this, or let the puppy die...after all, who has a piece of chicken on the dinner plate better let the puppy die or become a hypocrite.....

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maya_M

A request to topic starter:

Could you rename the thread to "Are humans who directly or indirectly hurt animals in any form have any right to preach others and help in animal shelters'?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ I don't want to start a new thread on the same 😳

*wondering is a bait for the topic starterπŸ˜‰

Yes Ma'am am here. πŸ˜† thats a too big of a sentence to fit in topic name but got you point πŸ˜‰.

Was on mute seeing Raksha in full form and my slight contradiction from a similar post before.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³

BTW Maya - "Animal abuse in any form is an abuse and that makes all humans hypocrites." Animal abuse including pest control πŸ˜† and mosquito repellants.

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Originally posted by: raj5000

BTW Maya - "Animal abuse in any form is an abuse and that makes all humans hypocrites." Animal abuse including pest control πŸ˜† and mosquito repellants.

Bingo!  I think I also had the pleasure of saying the same to someone in the similar topic.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..  not repellants, but mosquito killers for sure.  what hapened to that thread?? πŸ˜› let me pull it out.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago