Debate Mansion

Supporting teams based on religion? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 5

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

TheRowdiest

IF-Sizzlerz

TheRowdiest

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 5:19pm | IP Logged

cant say anything abt religion bcz I never experienced that any Indian Muslim chears for pak or any other muslim country instead of India.

if we talk abt Origion then I saw here everyone was obviously supporting India , whether they r born here or in India. they respect Canadian team too and want it to win yoo but if they have to choose one in these i think ppl will choose country of their origion.we can see same in the Football world cup where ppl support their country of origion.

Edited by Rajeev Ki Heer - 23 March 2007 at 5:20pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Supporting teams based on religion? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 5:59pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 7:20pm | IP Logged

Maya and Rajeev ki Heer - Cannot post blogs or links here to avoid communal rages.

Thanks sunp - for confirming that am not an odd man out. EmbarrassedSmile

And Maya - My reponse to previous is due. Will be back in little bit, need a break. Smile

Edited by raj5000 - 23 March 2007 at 7:22pm

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

My reply is in BlueLOL. Anshu, We are breaking the treatyWinkLOL but it's fun.

LOL.. am not infact if you read through the posts I am agreeing LOL.. its fun when it is overboard or is more tensionious X is our code to understand. per treaty LOL

Originally posted by raj5000

Regarding the Bold - Whats the defination of "Our Country" - country one was originated or country where one is born and bought up?

My definition of 'Our country' in this case is the country where your roots are, the country where you live in.

Say - I am American born and roots from India. I should support America or India?

See now you are confusing me. I thought we were discussing about scenario A in your first post and then you suddenly bring scenario B. In scenario A the person is from India, born and bred. So why would or should he support any other country? I have so many Indian Muslim friends and all of them support India. I have many Indian Christian friends too and none of them support England eitherBig smile. That is all of them born and bred in India with roots in India. Hope we are clear here.

Now about Scenario B, I accept that I am confused. Ideally, I would say that if one has pledged allegiance to a foreign land then root for that country. But those who have dual citizenship should root for both countriesWinkLOL.

Am not confusing, I made my thoughts very clear in earlier posts, am just trying to relate or derive how scenario one A and two B have similarity, y? being proactive  if religion as a whole is set aside for a moment. Then we are on agreement, don't u disagree on that... lol. Comes down to person to person perception.

I think many can cite similar instances from day to day life about discrimination not just based on religion but caste, colour, gender. Let us look at the bigger picture.

Thats right so you agree in day to day life Muslims suffer discriminations. Bigger pictureConfused  your focus was on point 'd' and thats what I explained.Smile

I didn't agree that Muslims suffer discrimination. I apologize if I gave the wrong impression. What I meant was in day to day life people do discriminate someone else on the basis of caste, language, religion, gender, colour etc. I can cite some reverse examples where a Hindu or a Sikh was discriminated in India. But let us not get into that. I know from where you are coming from. Since I have never seen or heard any Indian Muslim rooting for Pakistan, it is difficult for me to even believe that. Do you think it is OK for them to support Pakistan even when both countries are at war? I don't think they would.

Hold on, what day to day discrimination we observe is minial I agree, but u agree they are discriminations right. Even of .01 magnitude. Thats all! dicrimi. was just one of point Maya not a main point. BTW - no apolo. accepted, good arguers (lol not debators), if I can consider u and me lol... can just PM and clarify. We lacking participation here, to justify the points. Anyways if you have a final verdict throw it I will tell mine and case will rest.  Orlese we can continue if u want lol.  LOL

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 9:13pm | IP Logged

Am not confusing, I made my thoughts very clear in earlier posts, am just trying to relate or derive how scenario one A and two B have similarity, y? being proactive  if religion as a whole is set aside for a moment. Then we are on agreement, don't u disagree on that... lol. Comes down to person to person perception.

I know that you were trying to relate both scenarios and I think I have made myself clear that both scenarios are different. As you said it all comes down to individual perception.

Ok case one closed.

Hold on, what day to day discrimination we observe is minial I agree, but u agree they are discriminations right. Even of .01 magnitude. Thats all! dicrimi. was just one of point Maya not a main point. BTW - no apolo. accepted, good arguers (lol not debators), if I can consider u and me lol... can just PM and clarify. We lacking participation here, to justify the points. Anyways if you have a final verdict throw it I will tell mine and case will rest.  Orlese we can continue if u want lol.  LOL

I have no conclusion or final verdict over this issue. As already mentioned it all boils down to individual perception. I have nothing more to offer than what I have already said. Already we have started going in circles. I can understand where you are coming. But I certainly don't agree that their (and by that I mean handful of people) love for an alien of their own religion is because of discrimination in their own country. It is like blaming someone else for your mistake. Such mistakes could put your country's security at stake. 

I am confused over their approach when it comes to Indo-Pak war. What will the Muslim soldiers in Indian Army would do? I like to believe that they will fight for their nation.

If I was a muslim and having thoughts, would have shared, even I am with yaa... but still a big question (may be we need stats on religion of spys from Kashmir ) how muslims soldiers react. I am love muslims, even in my day to day life I verse name of Allah, have been to majsids, offered prayer with full respect, matter of fact have done kar seva in gurudawara, from convent have spend hours in church. Finally its some section of people who are contaminating the water. Individual perception as we can say.

No we are going in circles, btw. If one talks about patriotisim then Morally cheering for India and cheering of country you are the citizen is my final verdict. People deviating IMO are not worng but depends on how you understand or intrepret the feeling.

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 24 March 2007 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
In case of some Indian muslims supporting Pakistan, I think the reason is much more than just religion...

I am a Hindu and I DONT EVER support Nepal..Obviously I would be looking out for some other country to support only when India is not in the picture, and Nepal doesnt even occur to me LOL ...So religion is always not the case...In my opinion it is a speciality of only the Indian muslims(not all), they connect to Pakistan in some unexplicable way...

Yes, I can say that because I have had some friends whose parents are like that...However to be fair, I have more friends who are patriotic and for whom the country comes first and supporting India not only comes naturally to them, but they are embarrassed because of these other nuts who dont know what country means..

Cheers,
Raksha

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 24 March 2007 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
A: If you were born in India and you hold Indian citizenship, you root for India - this is non-debatable!

B: There is discrimination against Muslims(and I have personal experience of it); nevertheless it CANNOT be an excuse for supporting Pakistan, or any other country unless one has relinquished Indian citizenship and taken the oath to be loyal to the new country.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top