Debate Mansion

Supporting teams based on religion? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 5

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by raj5000

- Sikh of indian origin, lives in Brazil as a citizen in a India Vs Brazil soccer clash, supports India.

India playing Brazil in a soccer match Shocked

ROFL ROFL ROFL

ROTFL Souro
Ladies, isn't the THUMB RULE - support hot players WinkWinkLOL
Do you see how that keeps, region, religion, nation everything out of it Big smile

Edited by mermaid_QT - 23 March 2007 at 1:52pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Supporting teams based on religion? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Let me ask you one thing. What if India (with majority players Non Hindu) plays Cricket against Nepal? Would you support Nepal because it is a100% Hindu country?

I will support India. But I will understand if an Indian hindu supports Nepal, based on certain factors which might not be true  here but listing a) hindus being minority in India. b) Huge cultural difference always look at nepal to find culturer roots c) can related to Nepal being a home d) being discriminated in India for being hindu etc..

I will have to disagree with you here. Because in my opinion our country should come before anything. So I won't understand if an Indian Hindu supports Nepal or an Indian Muslim supports Pakistan. I just can'tConfused.

Now coming to point d). Do you think Muslims are discriminated in India for being minority? If you do then please give some instances.

Thats another good length out swinger with 3 fielders at slipsSmile

There are several incidents and articles regarding discriminations which sure are debateable as there is no as such rule defined in constitution but will give you day to day instances when I was India were obvious to me

1. My Brahmin nieghbour in Mumbai was friendly with everyone in the building expecting two Muslim families.

2. Our building had no drinking water initially being new construction and someone had to supply water, there was standing instructions that someone cannot be a muslim, decided by the society.

There are other petty ones which are by no means logical but they happen, and its in hearts and minds of older generations and unless you closely observe its hard to kind of visualize. No matter president is Muslim, top stars are muslims etc but fact is driscrimination prevails.

Regarding the Bold - Whats the defination of "Our Country" - country one was originated or country where one is born and bought up?

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 3:42pm | IP Logged

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 3:44pm | IP Logged

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 3:47pm | IP Logged

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 3:49pm | IP Logged

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 4:45pm | IP Logged

Regarding the Bold - Whats the defination of "Our Country" - country one was originated or country where one is born and bought up?

My definition of 'Our country' in this case is the country where your roots are, the country where you live in.

Say - I am American born and roots from India. I should support America or India?

I think many can cite similar instances from day to day life about discrimination not just based on religion but caste, colour, gender. Let us look at the bigger picture.

Thats right so you agree in day to day life Muslims suffer discriminations. Bigger pictureConfused  your focus was on point 'd' and thats what I explained.Smile

Edit - forgot the font color change :)

Edited by raj5000 - 23 March 2007 at 4:46pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top