akirocks_2007-De.De-

nisha_cool Senior Member
nisha_cool
nisha_cool

Posted: 22 March 2007 at 2:40am | IP Logged

This CID officer is lawyer in Ek Hasina Thi

By: Seema Sunil Mattoo
   January 21, 2004
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Even as he snoops around as a CID officer on Sony TV, Aditya Srivastav convincingly enacts a negative role in Ram Gopal Varma's latest release Ek Hasina Thi.

Starting with amateur theatre in Allahabad, Aditya moved to Delhi in 1989 to work with the Sri Ram Centre for Performing Arts. Mumbai was the next destination for this talented actor in 1995 where he made his film debut with Shekhar Kapur's Bandit Queen.

"Initially I did voice-overs for ads and promos. I had to choose television over theatre. I had to survive. That's why I did serials such as Yeh Shaadi Nahi Ho Sakti, 9 Malabar Hill, Naya Daur, Saturday Suspense and Rishtey among others," says Aditya.

Aditya soon graduated to doing films such as Satya and Dil Se. "I took a break from television in 1997 to do films. My film Matrubhoomi with Manish Jha was well received in the festival circuit," says Aditya, adding, "But it was only after my role as a police inspector in Satya that I started getting film offers." But Aditya refused the several offers to play cop as he did not want to get stereotyped and decided to wait.

Meanwhile, he shifted his focus to television once more. After a couple of episodes in BP Singh's Aahat, he was offered the role of a CID officer Abhijeet in the serial CID. "I joined the CID team in 1999 as second-in-command to Shivaji Satam. Since then I have done more than 200 episodes," says Aditya.

While TV keeps him busy for half a month, Aditya wants to concentrate on films as well. Farhan Akhtar's Lakshya, Milan Luthria's Deewar and Anurag Kashyap's Black Friday are a few of his releases lined up for this year. "Films give me the joy of depicting different characters," says Aditya, who plays Saif Ali Khan's friend, a lawyer with negative shades in Ek Hasina Thi.

After living in Andheri for a couple of years, Aditya settled for the peace and greenery of Sai Baba Nagar when it came to buying his own house.

"I shifted from Andheri in 1997 and stayed on rent in this area before buying this house," says Aditya who is happy spending spare time at home with his wife and daughter and putting to good use the cooking skills he picked up during his bachelor days.

malad@mid-day.com

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ayushi.piya-Ayushi--Twinkles-

-De.De- IF-Sizzlerz
-De.De-
-De.De-

Posted: 22 March 2007 at 2:41am | IP Logged
Thanx for article, i watched this film and also loved it.
akirocks_2007 Groupbie
akirocks_2007
akirocks_2007

Posted: 22 March 2007 at 5:16am | IP Logged
great work!! Clap
Girl-Lawsworth IF-Dazzler
Girl-Lawsworth
Girl-Lawsworth

Posted: 05 September 2009 at 10:23am | IP Logged

u mean...hez really married? [:O] yayyy[:d]

-De.De- IF-Sizzlerz
-De.De-
-De.De-

Posted: 05 September 2009 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Arre Ramya maan ja usne karli shaadi. Humare dil todh ke...Cry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Ayushi-

Girl-Lawsworth IF-Dazzler
Girl-Lawsworth
Girl-Lawsworth

Posted: 05 September 2009 at 11:54am | IP Logged
I am happy! coz he has someone who can b with him anytime Big smile arre itna b socho mat. bhaabi ji ko accept kar to lo!
luna_lovegood IF-Dazzler
luna_lovegood
luna_lovegood

Posted: 06 September 2009 at 12:13am | IP Logged
Exactly.. at the end of the day it doesnt matter if there are some hearts broken... for they will be healed soon when he smiles and he smiles when he is happy and he is happy with his family...

so in all.. I want Aditya to be glad.. I want him to get all his wants in life and have a great life!! and yea I want him to be a part of CID always!! :D :D

Ps - he loves cooking.. so do I.. lets open a restaurant??

Go to top