Posted: 17 years ago

Kapur & Kapur

Shahid Kapur teams up with father Pankaj for Rajkumar Santoshi's next

Back to Section Stories Posted On Thursday, March 22, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Sandipan Dalal

Shahid Kapur with father Pankaj
Shahid Kapur and papa Pankaj Kapur are teaming up for Rajkumar Santoshi's next flick. If sources are to be believed the director had a series of meetings before he could convince the father-son duo for their respective roles. Santoshi informs that the lucid storyline did the trick for him. "I had simply narrated the story idea and they agreed to do it," he says.

Apparently, his other films including London Dreams and Ramayana have taken a backseat for a while. The director says that he has been working on the script and is yet to decide on the dates and location. However he reveals the fact that the film is a comedy of sorts. "I'm still giving finishing touches to the script. It will take us some time to determine the date of the film going on the floors. Also, I'm yet to finalise the rest of the cast," he says.

Unlike a bunch of other filmmakers, Santoshi did not have to labour a lot to get the duo to sign on the dotted line. Shahid had ruled out the possibility of sharing screen space with his daddy in the recent past. Sources inform that the actor wasn't too happy with the scripts that came his way. Also, rumours were rife about Shahid making a special appearance on Karamchand. "Shahid shares an amazing chemistry with his father. Not too many people are aware of it as they don't make public appearances together that often. A lot of banners had approached them before. But this time around they seem to be quite enthusiastic about the film," informs a source.

Will they play a father-son duo in the film too? Santoshi refuses to divulge the details. "It's too early to give out their characters. You have to wait for the formal announcement," he says.    

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blueegg thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
thanks i didn't know that shahid and pankaj are father and son.
Shakstar thumbnail

Originally posted by: seona13

thanks i didn't know that shahid and pankaj are father and son.

evn i jus found out recently

bastereliye thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
wowo! thats so coool! cant wait for the movie--- they will be gr8 together!
nightangel thumbnail
thnx a lots 4 sharing.. 👏