* ~ Roshni ~ * IF-Rockerz
* ~ Roshni ~ *
* ~ Roshni ~ *

Posted: 21 March 2007 at 3:11pm | IP Logged

Kapur & Kapur

Shahid Kapur teams up with father Pankaj for Rajkumar Santoshi's next

Back to Section Stories Posted On Thursday, March 22, 2007
mumbai news
Mail this Article Mail this Article Print this Article Print this Article Search Search
View Comments View Comments Rate this Article Rate this Article Comments Comments
mumbai news

Sandipan Dalal

Shahid Kapur with father Pankaj
Shahid Kapur and papa Pankaj Kapur are teaming up for Rajkumar Santoshi's next flick. If sources are to be believed the director had a series of meetings before he could convince the father-son duo for their respective roles. Santoshi informs that the lucid storyline did the trick for him. "I had simply narrated the story idea and they agreed to do it," he says.

Apparently, his other films including London Dreams and Ramayana have taken a backseat for a while. The director says that he has been working on the script and is yet to decide on the dates and location. However he reveals the fact that the film is a comedy of sorts. "I'm still giving finishing touches to the script. It will take us some time to determine the date of the film going on the floors. Also, I'm yet to finalise the rest of the cast," he says.

Unlike a bunch of other filmmakers, Santoshi did not have to labour a lot to get the duo to sign on the dotted line. Shahid had ruled out the possibility of sharing screen space with his daddy in the recent past. Sources inform that the actor wasn't too happy with the scripts that came his way. Also, rumours were rife about Shahid making a special appearance on Karamchand. "Shahid shares an amazing chemistry with his father. Not too many people are aware of it as they don't make public appearances together that often. A lot of banners had approached them before. But this time around they seem to be quite enthusiastic about the film," informs a source.

Will they play a father-son duo in the film too? Santoshi refuses to divulge the details. "It's too early to give out their characters. You have to wait for the formal announcement," he says.    

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadOxide

blueegg IF-Rockerz
blueegg
blueegg

Posted: 22 March 2007 at 6:55am | IP Logged
thanks i didn't know that shahid and pankaj are father and son.
sadz11 IF-Rockerz
sadz11
sadz11

Posted: 24 March 2007 at 9:54am | IP Logged
tfs
Shakstar IF-Rockerz
Shakstar
Shakstar

Posted: 05 April 2007 at 6:11pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by seona13

thanks i didn't know that shahid and pankaj are father and son.

evn i jus found out recently

bastereliye IF-Dazzler
bastereliye
bastereliye

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 3:37pm | IP Logged
wowo! thats so coool! cant wait for the movie--- they will be gr8 together!
nightangel IF-Sizzlerz
nightangel
nightangel

Posted: 15 April 2007 at 1:48am | IP Logged
thnx a lots 4 sharing.. Clap
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top