Debate Mansion

Religious Conversion - Your views - Page 9

Posted: 14 years ago
Shambhoo ji how did you find this thread???it was the first time i posted in DM.Year ago:(

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
troll ...troll... karte pahunch hi gaye yahan tak 😆
_Angie_ thumbnail
sometimes it  appears that humanity got lost somewhere in its attempt to define ones religion .In trying to grapple with the complexities of a religion one forgets the simplicity of being just a human.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: angie.4u

troll ...troll... karte pahunch hi gaye yahan tak 😆

Yeh trollon ka bas yahin ek kam
mare hue discussion ko zinda karna
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

That's not true. Hinduism is a very liberal religion. Anyone can become a Hindu as long as they embrace its scriptures and anyone can abandon it if they do not agree with the scriptures.

No you dont there is no process for becoming one.. even if you live like an hindu..read scriptures...etc  you dont become one... thats cos unlike other religions.. there is no process of becoming hindu...
This content was originally posted by: qwertyesque

No you dont there is no process for becoming one.. even if you live like an hindu..read scriptures...etc  you dont become one... thats cos unlike other religions.. there is no process of becoming hindu...

I absolutely abhor saying this but even I have to admit that qwerty is right here.

We hear about folks adapting hinduism but I have yet to hear getting converted to hinduism.  Some folks have a misplaced notion thata janeyu ceremony will convert them.  What they don't realize is that even amongst hindus - not all can wear the janeyu.
How can you convert into something thats not a religion?

Its like a Wisconsinite converting into a Texan. Ain't gonna happen even if they drag my butt down to Texas.
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

How can you convert into something thats not a religion?

Its like a Wisconsinite converting into a Texan. Ain't gonna happen even if they drag my butt down to Texas.

how can compare sillycities with religion of highest order.......😡
This content was originally posted by: qwertyesque

how can compare sillycities with religion of highest order.......😡

Fool! They are states, not cities.

Besides, I am a solipsist. My mind is the only thing that matters. 😊
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
I think attempts to recruit followers for any religion/faith should be kept out of the public and in churches/mosques/temples/synagogues/gurdwarahs. Oh that's funny - I wrote synagogue there when Judaism does not permit converting - whoops. Anyways, if someone is interested in a particular faith, they will make it a point to find a way to learn more about the religion or to go about converting into that faith. There is no need for followers of any religion to go out and attempt to convert people - that is ridiculous.

For example, I exited off the freeway today, still going about 70mph an hour, came to a light, and slammed my brakes, seeing women in neon colored t-shirts going around 'selling Jesus' (as their shirts claimed) on the street. It was extremely irritating to see them hand out flyers that most people end up throwing away anyways - and scream obnoxiously as they made their way around the cars. The friggin' light went green, and they still wouldn't move out of the way. One of them was standing in my lane, chitchatting to a guy who looked like he could care less about God at that hour, blocking all the traffic. Arghh - at least the druggies that stand on the sides of the road know that they better get out of the way when the light goes green, 'cause otherwise, they'll get run over. But who's going to run over a lady from a church? Anyways, she still wouldn't move out of the way - so I exclaimed loudly "Cant she go sell Jesus on some other street" -- and well, I think she kinda sorta heard me because my windows were down and she turned around and glared. Anyways, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, its just that I really wasn't planning on hearing a sermon in the middle of the road.

I think that belief starts from within - you do not need an official 'conversion' to believe in something - if you start believing and following a particular faith - then you've converted.

Haha, I also remember the hot blonde-haired/blue-eyed Mormons that used to come visit me long back. I wonder if flirting is a significant aspect of their beliefs, because that was their primary concentration. They used to offer to come in and help around our house. I didn't mind- I'd like to see them clean my bathroom - but my parents would have a heart attack seeing so many gora boys in our house. 😆 I remember they started coming everyday - I got the door the first three days, and then let my dad get it the fourth day - they never came back again or offered to do anything again. 😆 Much later, a different set of guys came - I told them I didn't speak English, so they brought me their scripture in Spanish, Arabic, Urdu, and Hindi, unable to decipher my brown skin. 😆