Debate Mansion

Religious Conversion - Your views (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 19

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 19 November 2008 at 1:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Golden iron

Wah kya topic hai Maya Memsaab ka

Now for conversion....sometimes changes are required...like a kid does not approve his name...may change it, Does not like home town so changes place of residence for study/job etc. Change is part of life. Yet few things are with us by default. Yes when we are born, we are just a living being happen to be a part of a family. Now that family is our identity...as we cannot choose our parents, same way we cannot choose our identity.  The culture that we see in our family is the tradition to be followed.
Although people are seen who may change their parents even...may be circumstances...If I am starving with my family, may be I will praise your God to just get some money...who knows as Khali peth bhajan na hott Gopala (Empty stomach, you cannot say prayers)

But for me Conversion is a nono...child is brought up some values and belief since birth and if he cannot hold on to them,,,goes to convert himself to another region because some one brain stromed him...then that person is a big time looser.

my 2 cents ...aab shayad teacher ji danda lekar hamla karne walli hain is nanhi si Loha jaaan pur ConfusedLOLLOL

Loha ji, aap to hamarey chahney waalon mein se ho. Aap ko to pyaar se maarengey! WinkLOL

Calling someone who chooses to change his/her religion of his/her own free will a loser is a tad harsh, me thinks. It's like both my parents are doctors, so was my grandfather and so are my siblings; but I'd rather be a teacher. Namakool, nalayak, khandaan ke naam per dhabba, maa baap ki izzat mitti mein mila di, naak kata di WinkLOL Also, aren't we brainwashed by our families, the people around us, our friends etc to follow a particular set of religious beliefs??? Apna apna nazariya hai Tongue The world would be a nicer place if people focussed on whether the kids are good human beings, not on which religion they want to follow, if they want to follow one in the first place!

See, that didn't hurt, did it???LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Religious Conversion - Your views (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 19 November 2008 at 1:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by apux

Originally posted by Gauri_3

[
Converting may not be acceptable for you and me but if someone is promising a better life and ather person is putting faith in that promise because they have no other way out of misery they live in and their present religious beliefs don't mean a thing to them then I don't think any wrongdoing took place here.

Yeah, that I agree with...I have cousins that converted to Christianity....they are much nicer and happier nowLOL I think its fine for people who are seeking to convert of their own free will...I just don't want people standing in front of my university trying to pass out bibles....that annoys me!  Its better for someone to practice a faith they truly believe in and not fake the faith they were born with.... 

At the end of the day, you have the option of saying "stuff it", so why let it annoy you??? Or return the favour - that would keep them away LOLLOL

You know what is more annoying? People of your own religion trying to proselytize because they think you are not doing a good enough job!!! ErmmLOLLOL 

Golden iron

Golden iron

Posted: 19 November 2008 at 11:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Wah kya topic hai Maya Memsaab ka

Now for conversion....sometimes changes are required...like a kid does not approve his name...may change it, Does not like home town so changes place of residence for study/job etc. Change is part of life. Yet few things are with us by default. Yes when we are born, we are just a living being happen to be a part of a family. Now that family is our identity...as we cannot choose our parents, same way we cannot choose our identity.  The culture that we see in our family is the tradition to be followed.
Although people are seen who may change their parents even...may be circumstances...If I am starving with my family, may be I will praise your God to just get some money...who knows as Khali peth bhajan na hott Gopala (Empty stomach, you cannot say prayers)

But for me Conversion is a nono...child is brought up some values and belief since birth and if he cannot hold on to them,,,goes to convert himself to another region because some one brain stromed him...then that person is a big time looser.

my 2 cents ...aab shayad teacher ji danda lekar hamla karne walli hain is nanhi si Loha jaaan pur ConfusedLOLLOL

Loha ji, aap to hamarey chahney waalon mein se ho. Aap ko to pyaar se maarengey! WinkLOL

Calling someone who chooses to change his/her religion of his/her own free will a loser is a tad harsh, me thinks. It's like both my parents are doctors, so was my grandfather and so are my siblings; but I'd rather be a teacher. Namakool, nalayak, khandaan ke naam per dhabba, maa baap ki izzat mitti mein mila di, naak kata di WinkLOL Also, aren't we brainwashed by our families, the people around us, our friends etc to follow a particular set of religious beliefs??? Apna apna nazariya hai Tongue The world would be a nicer place if people focussed on whether the kids are good human beings, not on which religion they want to follow, if they want to follow one in the first place!

See, that didn't hurt, did it???LOL

PHewwww...what a relief LOL
Pyar ki marr to hamesha kabool hai

Sorry Gauri..as usual i jumped to comclusion...aadat se majboor...waisse I just noticed, my status is groupie now...so congo shongo to me LOL

SJB..agree that we get brainwashed to some extent but no matter what we decide, family will assisit you. I also broke my parents heart by not going for medical and  opting for eng. But they still supported and paid for my education. Where as conversion gets you money only if you accept it. If a religion is so great over others, why should it bribe you.????  Let everyone have insight.  Buddhism was spread all over china although started in India (Nepal) But it was via monks. See as per history all religion did have a start point and were gradually accepted. Who knows what religion our forfathers had. During Aurangzeb ruling a huge population moved towards south and extreme Borth from central part, but now they all have their own culture. Adaptation is widely accepted, but changing it on some one's saying is wrong.
Tp preach of your religion is ok as  everyone believes in their God, but to declare one is superior then other and proving it via bribing  is wrong.
I am a follower of Sanathan Dharma, but how can I decide that My Lord Shiva is superior that Lord Jesus. Since we are cultivated wiht our religion so we consider it the best. If I have to prove that mine is superior then there should not be any compensation.  One should prove it and selling your belief and religion, not a good idea. God is GOd. Not a commodity for sale :-)

I hope this time I got the debate topic right Wink......so as per me, even though missionary are not threatning you, yet they do play with your emotions and belief....so STAY AWAY from them...remember the God is our belief. Ultimate teaching of God is to respect all living creature and respect each other.

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 19 November 2008 at 12:01pm | IP Logged

PHewwww...what a relief LOL
Pyar ki marr to hamesha kabool hai

Sorry Gauri..as usual i jumped to comclusion...aadat se majboor...waisse I just noticed, my status is groupie now...so congo shongo to me LOL

SJB..agree that we get brainwashed to some extent but no matter what we decide, family will assisit you. I also broke my parents heart by not going for medical and  opting for eng. But they still supported and paid for my education. Where as conversion gets you money only if you accept it. If a religion is so great over others, why should it bribe you.????  I agree with you on all the points about forced conversion, but human being by nature is weak aur jab pet mein roti nahin aur tan per kapda nahin to Bhagwan/Allah/Jesus ko insaan sab se pehle bhoolta hai. At that point his last thought will be "what do I address the Almighty as today." Let everyone have insight.  Buddhism was spread all over china although started in India (Nepal) But it was via monks. See as per history all religion did have a start point and were gradually accepted. Who knows what religion our forfathers had. During Aurangzeb ruling a huge population moved towards south and extreme Borth from central part, but now they all have their own culture. Adaptation is widely accepted, but changing it on some one's saying is wrong.
Tp preach of your religion is ok as  everyone believes in their God, but to declare one is superior then other and proving it via bribing  is wrong. Completely with you on this. I do not believe in superiority of one religion over another, nor do I think that any religion's supremacy can be exhibited by numbers. All I am saying is that usually a person has solid enough reasons to change - whether it is hunger, love or disillusionment with one's own religion. These are moments of weakness and the missionaries use them to their advantage. Inn sholon ko bus chingari ki zaroorat hoti hai Wink
I am a follower of Sanathan Dharma, but how can I decide that My Lord Shiva is superior that Lord Jesus. Since we are cultivated wiht our religion so we consider it the best. If I have to prove that mine is superior then there should not be any compensation.  One should prove it and selling your belief and religion, not a good idea. God is GOd. Not a commodity for sale :-)

I hope this time I got the debate topic right Wink......so as per me, even though missionary are not threatning you, yet they do play with your emotions and belief....so STAY AWAY from them...remember the God is our belief. Ultimate teaching of God is to respect all living creature and respect each other.

Loha ji, humari behas ka mudda tha "being born into a religion and dying in it". Baki, hum aapki jirah se ittefaq rakhtey hain - aap to hamarey "langde dinon" ke saathi ho LOLLOL

Golden iron

Golden iron

Posted: 20 November 2008 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Yeh lo, ek nai banay nainsukh aoor doosre nai langda LOL
Aoor phir khud garmi main vacationing le ker langde ka lutf bhi uthaya AngryLOL
tab bhi yaad kiya tha yeah nahi Wink

Any way...ofcourse first thing is survival. Musibat main to gaddhe ko bhi baap banana padta hai.LOL

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 20 November 2008 at 6:11pm | IP Logged
If people want to convert and be converted, that is their prerogative. As long as no one is forced into it. To me it just makes no sense.

To me faith is something very personal and unique to each individual. Religion is merely a half baked attempt to classify, label and organize something that is so subjective and relative to each individual.

Ultimately, what you believe is what you believe. Whatever label you choose to officially take or discard will never change what you intrinsically believe in. There also is no point in rigidly defining ones faith because it is always evolving. Life teaches us moral lessons which in turn gradually evolves what we believe in.

The thing is if John Doe was born into 'X' religion but now believes in 'Y'. What John Doe believes is what John Doe believes....whether he officially embraces 'Y' or not.

Religious conversion is jut nonsense to me.  Lets keep conversion to useful things like units of measure and currency.

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 November 2008 at 8:49am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

doggiedawg

Posted: 21 November 2008 at 10:11am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top