Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

cuty_k

Goldie

cuty_k

Posted: 20 March 2007 at 11:15am | IP Logged

hi guys! please read this and comment!!!! Embarrassed

http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=571625&TPN=1 &#9686785

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "boys and girls...please read!!" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cuty_k

Goldie

cuty_k

Posted: 20 March 2007 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
please reply guys!! Embarrassed

kal-el

IF-Sizzlerz

kal-el

Posted: 21 March 2007 at 2:27am | IP Logged
truth be told and i no this is gonna sound bad but thats the mentality of asians, if a guy has 20 girlfriends his mates will think he is a stud but if a girl has 20 girlfriends then she is classed as a slut thats the way things are, very unfair i no but thats life

cuty_k

Goldie

cuty_k

Posted: 21 March 2007 at 10:10am | IP Logged

Originally posted by kal-el

truth be told and i no this is gonna sound bad but thats the mentality of asians, if a guy has 20 girlfriends his mates will think he is a stud but if a girl has 20 girlfriends then she is classed as a slut thats the way things are, very unfair i no but thats life

thanx 4 sharing but y!!

y are only girls the house 'Honour'?

kal-el

IF-Sizzlerz

kal-el

Posted: 22 March 2007 at 1:48am | IP Logged
i have no idea the human thinking, the only time i have seen a guy disgrace his family was when a guy from my school got an english girl pregnant and his parents threw him out, I dont no why thats the truth its been like that for so long its become the asian mentality

DivyaD

IF-Rockerz

DivyaD

Posted: 22 March 2007 at 2:15am | IP Logged

Very interesting topic cuty_k... lots of ground for other ideas to be included.

It is very much an "Indian thing"... If a woman had male friends, there is something wrong with her, if she goes out with a guy before marriage, she is "spoilt" for any other man. These are just ridiculous social norms that stunt societal growth. If a husband can respect his wife, then automatically a daughter will learn self worth and be unaffected by other people's opinions. If a son can respect to respect all women as his sister, then a girl will never need to lie about what she does. This proves that it begins at home.

I believe it is a cylce, continued over time, until someone says stop! It will begin in households, spread across villages and eventually there will be  a time when boys and girls date openly with no stigma attached to their relationship. This is happening more and more in western countries.

Gone are the days where women have only 2 uses, vis a vis: keeping house and rearing children. Women are getting educated and putting their career's before their family. There are pro's and con's, of course, but this shows the evolution of mankind...

There is still a lot to be put to bed, regarding male and female roles and what a woman cannot do, and vice versa. What a man can do, a woman should be allowed to do as well, in my own opinion. Its all in the mind set, whether its professional or personal. It will all change with changing ourselves first. If you think, what will the neighbours think if I go out with a boy,, you are creating a web for yourself to become entangled in... Have respect for your self and believe that you are doing nothing wrong. This is how it all begins!

Edited by DivyaD - 22 March 2007 at 2:17am

ellemenopee

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 22 March 2007 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

barbiekhalil

barbiekhalil

Posted: 13 July 2008 at 5:59am | IP Logged
Well, I can't say something about it, though only one thing. Always do good things so you can be trusted. I'm saying this because I have experienced it. Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top