Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

*Rashmi*

Goldie

*Rashmi*

Posted: 17 July 2005 at 7:48pm | IP Logged

Hope you read SPOILERS!!!!! Do not proceed if you haven't read the book... I'm warning you.

OK, this thread deals with the characters in HBP - what was your reaction towards them? How have they changed? Which one do you love, or which one disgusts you? In short, anything that has to do with the characters.

Here's my "analysis" on just a few of them...

Harry Potter
I thought Harry was wonderful. Thankfully, he dumped the horrible temper, and now I really love him (I admit I was getting put off after OotP -- just a slight bit). He was totally believeable, he's not mourning and a sourpuss yet he realises the task he needs to do. I like how he reacted to a certain character's death at the end of the book, not the way he acted towards Sirius's. For one, he wasn't in total denial -- he knew it had happened, and that there was nothing he could do but accept it. He dealt with it wonderfully. The sense of humour is coming back a bit, yet you're seeing maturity just under the surface.

Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger
The two sidekicks are really kicking! Each other, that is. I don't think they should have fought as much as they did... I mean, yes, they're jealous, that's why they're fighting, but there should have been a limit. I thought they were their regular selves, nothing extraordinary. They took the news on the prophecy rather well... I think it wouldn't have hurt if JKR had made them seem more surprised.

Ginny Weasley
Damn, what can I say about her? She simply, totally, absolutely ROCKED. I loved everything about her, from her bat-bogey hexes to her snappish comments to 'Phlegm' (lmao). She is totally funny, and in every possible way the girl for Harry Potter. We have seen only glimpses of her wonderful character before... but it was full-blown in HBP! Amazing!!! I ADORE her character. Excellent!!!!

Albus Dumbledore
He was... weak. Nothing totally extraordinary, but everything about him just seemed weak. He didn't represent power the way he did in the other books. I was disappointed, but oh well.

Horace Slughorn
Quite an interesting character, but I don't think we got enough information about him yet. What we did didn't seem to say he was a very important character -- he seemed kind of like Lockhart, but not with so much amusement included (he was amusing, no doubt, but Lockhart was a little more so). Then again, he wasn't as full of himself, and he didn't have an unsatiable hunger to sign autographs. But he was... interesting.  Good character.

Draco Malfoy
Well, well, well. We saw quite a change here, didn't we? I think JKR brought about the change rather well. He was evil, but in a good way, if that makes sense. I don't mean that I support him, but you can feel pity for him, you know? I don't think the change of character seemed rather rushed, either, which was good, since it's tricky business making a character develop from "annoying prat" to "dangerous Death-Eater", though I'm still wondering if we could term Draco "dangerous". But in any case, JKR did a good job with this character.

Uhh I can't see any other character to write on. I was thinking Snape, but I really don't have much to say about him at the moment (though much could be said...). Anyway, post your little analysis... or thoughts, whatever - on any character, not necessarily the ones I worked on.

Edited by *Rashmi* - 17 July 2005 at 11:05pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Characters in HBP (SPOILERS!!!!)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SugarNSpice615

Groupbie

SugarNSpice615

Posted: 17 July 2005 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

wow Rashmi how long did it take u to write that post LOL ???
yeh I too thought harry was VERY COOL in this book he lost the temper thing and he's bacl 2 the way he used 2 b --except a little bit mor mature

Ginny aww her and harry were SOOOOO CUTE!!! she has a bit of a forceful personality though and can be annoying at times. . .I didn't like them breaking up at the end even if it was because Harry didn't want n e thing bad 2 happen 2 ginny

Ron and HermioneI just don't see how a H/H shipper can say another word about that unpossible ship now. . .n e ways I thought the fighting wuz very cute and even Harry knows those 2 have a thing 4 each other now. . .

Draco . . .he's changed alot; omg Tom Felton will look so cute when he's doing this movie (hopefully) Wink Smile

Edited by SugarNSpice615 - 17 July 2005 at 10:53pm

lalit1

IF-Dazzler

lalit1

Posted: 17 July 2005 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
hate the transformation of draco my favorite charcter

*Rashmi*

Goldie

*Rashmi*

Posted: 17 July 2005 at 11:16pm | IP Logged

lol I was just BORED, so I decided to spend some time writing that post. None of my friends have read HBP, so I can't discuss it with them - therefore it's getting rather boring. But yes, if you want to know, just for record, I believe I took fifteen minutesWink

I can see that Ginny's forceful, but I wouldn't term her annoying. Even forceful doesn't seem to be the right word, but for the lack of a better term, I'll use it.

Exactly! How can H/H shippers still argue?? Don't they have all the evidence you could possibly get?? lol.

Ahh I wish more people on IF finished the book. It's getting quite lonely around here...

*Rashmi*

Goldie

*Rashmi*

Posted: 17 July 2005 at 11:27pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by lalit1982

hate the transformation of draco my favorite charcter

A lot of people hate the transformation too. I think it was kind of nifty though, the way she brought it about. I'm guessing you just don't like the fact that he's evil. For some reason, however, I think he's going to come around... his reluctance at killing Dumbledore[highlight the previous text to reveal a major spoiler] seemed to indicate that he wasn't really evil, but just pressurised to act the way he did.

Edited by *Rashmi* - 17 July 2005 at 11:29pm

Mrs.Brett Lee

IF-Rockerz

Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 18 July 2005 at 5:33am | IP Logged
Thanks ARshmi for the info. Won't comment on anything.

abhita

Goldie

abhita

Posted: 18 July 2005 at 7:10am | IP Logged

Aww Rashmi...

am almost through with the book... but wasn't able to control my curiosity and have read the last few pages... so know who's gonna die and what is gonna happen in book 7.  but tell me is snape a good guy or a bad guy now?

was he the one who killed the character that we now know to be dead?

- Abhita

Lamasat

Lamasat

Posted: 18 July 2005 at 10:46am | IP Logged

I finished it too.

SPOLIERS

i hate snape so much. no he's evil which was very surprising although you can tell he was on voldemort's side when he made the Unbreakable Vow to Narcissa. I was very VERY surprised since Dumbledore trusted him. Why do you think that is? I do think he is very skilled at Occlumency too... hmm it does leave room for discussion. oh well, i suppose we'll have 2 wait another 2 years. I was very sad at the end of the book at what happened; what kind of kids' book is this? I guess I was just disappointed. I was thinking that maybe Harry can figure out an enchantment where if he kills Voldemort, all the people he was responsible for killing will come back to life and if Harry gets killed, Voldemort will be reduced to nothing again. yah i suppose that it's a pretty bad idea....

Post Reply New Post

Go to top