The Unanswered Questions (major spoiler)

cdesai12 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

The Unanswered Questions

source: www.time.com

How will it all end for Harry and friends? Our efforts at divination follow. (If you haven't read Half-Blood Prince, proceed no further. You've been warned.)

Will Harry finally get a girl?

What we know: After Harry choked with Cho Chang in Phoenix, he gets a good thing going with Ginny Weasley in Half-Blood Prince--then he bows out, for fear she will be a target for Voldemort.

Our guess: When the dust settles, he will come back for Ginny--he's practically a Weasley as it is. Long shot: loopy Luna Lovegood, who, like Harry, has experienced tragedy.

Will Ron and Hermione become a couple?

What we know: Hermione is a girl genius with a hot temper. And Ron? Well, Ron's Ron. But after her fling with Viktor, and Ron's with Lavender Brown (in Prince), they get pretty cuddly.

Our guess: Done deal. Unless it's one of those icky Star Wars brother and sister things ...

What will Harry do after he graduates?

What we know: Harry wants to be an auror, one of the lite warrior-wizards who battle the Dark Side, but his grades are borderline.

Our guess: Rowling likes twists, and auror is too obvious. Harry will return to Hogwarts as professor in the one subject he always aces: Defense Against the Dark Arts.

What does the future hold for Neville Longbottom?

What we know: Neville is Gryffindor's most hapless dork, but he consistently shows unexpected depths and is never far from the action. He fits the same prophecy as Harry.

Our guess: Neville's parents were tortured into madness by Voldemort lieutenant Bellatrix Lestrange. It's payback time. He's not the Chosen One, but he will take down Bellatrix before this is all over.

What exactly is the link between Harry and Voldemort?

What we know: Obviously, Harry and Voldemort are bound by the curse that Voldemort hurled at Harry as a baby. But there are subtler connections. Their wands contain feathers from the same phoenix, and Harry can sense what Voldemort is feeling.

Our guess: The wizarding world ain't big enough for the two of them, and it's hard to see Harry coming away with the silver medal in that showdown. But Harry has been discovering his darker, angrier side. Maybe Voldemort will take a turn for the better before he heads to the other side of the veil.

Whose side is Professor Snape on?

What we know: Snape has been playing for both sides, the Death Eaters and the Order of the Phoenix. In Half-Blood Prince, he shows his hand. Or does he?

Our guess: Snape's latest betrayal puts him beyond the pale of forgiveness. But Rowling's characters are rarely all bad or all good. Look for Snape to get a shot at, if not redemption, at least sincere remorse.

Where does that leave Dumbledore?

What we know: If you've read Half-Blood Prince, you know that the headmaster won't, to all appearances, be giving any more points to Gryffindor.

Our guess: Dumbledore has taken a major hit, no question. But look at the precedents. Aslan died and came back in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Gandalf snuffed it in The Fellowship of the Ring, and he was up and about in no time. We'll meet again, Albus. --L.G

Edited by cdesai12 - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Rashmi* thumbnail

Cool! They've done a good job.

"We'll meet again, Albus."

I dunno about that... I mean, I thoguht he would turn out to be alive in the HBP, and the thingy about Snape killing him was just a clever ruse. I was so sure on it, that I was actually surprised that he didn't turn out to be alive. But I don't think we'll see Dumbles alive again -- but I'm sure we'll meet him again. The portrait. The previous headmasters of Hogwarts all have their portraits in the current headmaster's (or headmistress, now that it's McGonagall) office, and they can communicate, can't they? Phineas seems quite undaunted by the fact he's dead, for he's constantly interjecting in conversations - why can't Dumblewumbles? So, we might meet again, Albus.

SugarNSpice615 thumbnail
I can't believe that Snape betrayed Dumbledore!!!. . I was sooo maf when I read it! I always thought that Dumbledore had this big reason 4 trsuting snape but apparently there really isnt n e .stupid snape I HATE HIM 😑 😑 Edited by SugarNSpice615 - 18 years ago
*Rashmi* thumbnail

Major spoiler in this post. Be warned.

Ummm actually - I don't think Snape wanted to kill Dumbledore. I think Dumbledore made Snape kill him.

OK, for one, do you remember the part that someone (can't remember who, I have to do a rereading) tells Harry that Dumbledore and Snape were arguing? Dumbledore was ordering Snape to do as he told -- could Dumbledore be telling Snape to kill him? I think he was.

I mean, have you ever seen Dumbledore beg ANYONE for his life? So why would he be begging Snape to save him? I think that Dumbledore was pleading with Snape to follow Dumbledore's orders - that is, to kill Dumbledore.

I'm not sure exactly why Dumbledore would want to die. Undoubtly he felt it neccessary - but neccessary for what? I'm thinking that it has something to do with the Unbreakable Vow... maybe Dumbles didn't want Snape to break the vow? But that's probably too feeble. I suppose we'll just have to keep guessing, won't we?

lalit1 thumbnail
even  i feel dumbledore asked snape to kill him
Lamasat thumbnail
why do so many peope seem to think so? None of the order trust Snape anymore. Why would dumbledore give his life so that snape would be able 2  stay a death eater. he can't be a spy anymore. i think dumbledore was actually pleading for his life. if he wanted it to seem like it was real, he wouldn't have pleaded but would've said something like " i knew it" duno somethin wise and he didn't.
SugarNSpice615 thumbnail
. . .well we'll just have 2 wait til Book 7 2 know the real truth bout snape. . .
blughost91 thumbnail
OMG for weeks I couldn't wait for HBP to come out now I'm going crazy over Book 7! Probably about two years!
Charmed1 thumbnail
I wonder if Dumbledore was any good in divination? πŸ˜‰HINT! HINT! Also, can you say ASTRAL PROJECTON? πŸ˜‰ HINT! HINT!
SugarNSpice615 thumbnail
Dumbledore never took Divination-he sed that in HBP