Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 19 March 2007 at 7:35am | IP Logged

Last Day At Home

Home is definitely where the heart is! – And mine is at Mumbai. Just 2 years in Mumbai and now I have to move to a small town in Gujarat because of dad's work. There we won't have local trains, malls, not even my friends.

Dad conveyed the news this morning. He told us we have one last day in Mumbai! One day...Gosh…such a short notice!

So here I am after spending my last day in Mumbai, tired, yet satisfied. I visited my college and friends, ate at my favourite eatery, walked on Marine Drive, took the long way back home just to enjoy the breathtaking architecture of Fort area, even the overcrowded train journey I took was memorable with people falling over one another, yet giggling away. How these little things I never cherished before today!

'Preeti…' Dad called out to me.

'Coming dad' I shouted, trotting downstairs.

'I have some important news, please sit down'

I sat down looking at him intently. This was going to be another big news; another in the same day! Mom was sitting there too and was stifling a laugh.

'Tell me now, c'mon dad…or mom' I begged

'We aren't leaving Mumbai. We are staying here in this same house.' Mom said.

'Did I hear right?' I squealed with excitement. They didn't answer.

'So you lied to me this morning, did you?' I asked, anger creeping into my voice.

'We had to lie. You were always absorbed in studies and never took time to enjoy life. Hope you had fun today.' Dad replied.

'Yep, I lived today like there's no tomorrow.' I smiled, my anger melting away. I learnt an important lesson today– to live everyday like it's your last! 'Thanks Mom and Dad. Now home, welcome this girl back' my heart sang!

(19 March 2006)

Written for the prompt: Write about moving away from home, only to move back in.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Last Day At Home - Flash Fiction" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Prenz~13

IF-Rockerz

Prenz~13

Posted: 19 March 2007 at 11:40am | IP Logged
Clap Clap wow...that was so sweet.... Embarrassed
loved it Di! i sply liked the last line, "Live everyday as if it's your last.."
Clap

coolniyu

IF-Dazzler

coolniyu

Harry Potter Crossword winner

Posted: 20 March 2007 at 2:55am | IP Logged
awwww its real sweet !! Embarrassed
poor preeti LOL [ur character!! Tongue] she wudve felt so sad whole day LOL
n i agree u hv to live life like theres no tomorrow Embarrassed

kitty468

IF-Dazzler

kitty468

Posted: 20 March 2007 at 11:14am | IP Logged
aaaaw that was really sweet, i hope my parents said that we arent leaving for the nth time. i know how it feels, leaving n making use of the last few days. Tongue

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 01 April 2007 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
thanks guys for the reviews, this wasn't my best ever piece, but writing off and on and even not such good stories keeps the writer active in me :)

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 02 April 2007 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
OMG i dunt blivi dint respond to this too eventhough i read it... you guys should kill me now...
i totally get the pain of shifting (not that i have experienced it but cos i HATE changin) and god must she have had a really sad da
its great whatever u may say and i like it loads...

jassie_17

IF-Rockerz

jassie_17

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 7:20pm | IP Logged
smartly written without any flaws...short and meaningful!!!! Tongue

pm4eva

IF-Dazzler

pm4eva

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
Aww.. thats great! My favorite quote is: Dream As If You'll Live Forever…Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top