Debate Mansion

Egg : Vegetarian or Non- Vegetarian (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 10:36pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Egg : Vegetarian or Non- Vegetarian (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 18 March 2007 at 7:45am | IP Logged

Egg has a potential of turning into life and to me is non vegeterian - however I don't mind it as long as I can't smell or taste it..Confused I can never eat an omelette but love cakes and ice creamsTongue

There is a difference between animal products and non veg products. Milk and butter which we offer to Gods are animal products but no killing is required to obtain them.

Edited by lighthouse - 18 March 2007 at 7:46am

putturani

Goldie

putturani

Posted: 18 March 2007 at 8:14am | IP Logged
1)     Is Egg vegetarian or non vegetarian
Vegetarian if artificially incubated..produced.. non-veg otherwise.

I agree! I am a vegetarian and I avoid eggs as much as I can. However,
indirect consumption cannot be avoided. Even so, we only eat artificially
incubated, unfertilized eggs. I don't touch natural eggs or even artificial
eggs in omlettes and other "direct" forms.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 18 March 2007 at 11:50am | IP Logged

Originally posted by putturani

1)     Is Egg vegetarian or non vegetarian
Vegetarian if artificially incubated..produced.. non-veg otherwise.

I agree! I am a vegetarian and I avoid eggs as much as I can. However,
indirect consumption cannot be avoided. Even so, we only eat artificially
incubated, unfertilized eggs. I don't touch natural eggs or even artificial
eggs in omlettes and other "direct" forms.

Artificially incubated eggs.. dont produce the odor, the laid eggs produce...along with sometimes the blood stains...So possibly they can be considered vegetarian...We call the latter desi eggs. and the former as poultry ones.. which generally have some kind stamp etc...

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 18 March 2007 at 11:52am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Lovers Ka Love

Well , Can I give a Silly Answer.. LOL Wink
Egg Is Hatched By Hen , who is Non-Vegiterian....... So Egg is Non-Vegeterian LOL

Most supermarkets sell eggs from vegetarian fed hen.. so this argument doesnt hold good....LOL

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 18 March 2007 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

Egg has a potential of turning into life and to me is non vegeterian - however I don't mind it as long as I can't smell or taste it..Confused I can never eat an omelette but love cakes and ice creamsTongue

There is a difference between animal products and non veg products. Milk and butter which we offer to Gods are animal products but no killing is required to obtain them.

This veg and non-veg concept is quite debatable...I have seen some people debating that even the plants are living things and if eating them is ok, then why not the Turkeys..Wacko...And we have had such discussions right here in DM before...So dont want to get there again...

But yeah I agree with lighthouse above...Personally I find egg as non-vegetarian and dont consume it directly...I also try to avoid egg in cakes, cookies etc..Recently I have started to become more fussy on these things...Now I dont eat ANYTHING that remotely has a chance of having egg in it, including chocolates,cookies, cakes etc...Big smile...I basically read the contents and then only consume the product...Approve

Cheers,
Raksha

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 18 March 2007 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raksha.l

This veg and non-veg concept is quite debatable...I have seen some people debating that even the plants are living things and if eating them is ok, then why not the Turkeys..Wacko...And we have had such discussions right here in DM before...So dont want to get there again...

But yeah I agree with lighthouse above...Personally I find egg as non-vegetarian and dont consume it directly...I also try to avoid egg in cakes, cookies etc..Recently I have started to become more fussy on these things...Now I dont eat ANYTHING that remotely has a chance of having egg in it, including chocolates,cookies, cakes etc...Big smile...I basically read the contents and then only consume the product...Approve

Cheers,
Raksha

you cant use scientific observations to decide this, otherwise mere existence of an infection... makes us non-vegetarian...we breathe millions of bacteria...so on.. so since plants cant move they dont become living beings... like the moving organisms...Smile

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 18 March 2007 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by raksha.l

Cheers,
Raksha

you cant use scientific observations to decide this, otherwise mere existence of an infection... makes us non-vegetarian...we breathe millions of bacteria...so on.. so since plants cant move they dont become living beings... like the moving organisms...Smile

Eggjatly...TongueBig smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top