Debate Mansion

Egg : Vegetarian or Non- Vegetarian (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

manjujain

IF-Sizzlerz

manjujain

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 7:29am | IP Logged
Looks like this could be a hoax that Coke may have pig.... I read many places that Delhi University does not have any Dr. Mangosgha Da. Here is link where they say it should not be true for many reasons.

http://muslimonline.org/index.php?showtopic=630

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Egg : Vegetarian or Non- Vegetarian (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 10:08am | IP Logged

Where is Egghatcher ji!!! He is just making "Thankyou" posts!!!

However coming back to the topic. The issue of the egg vegetarian or non vegetarian is a fishy topic.Oh!! I remember merimaid ji when I say fishTongue!!!

Cheers,

Mythili

teenindia_usa

IF-Sizzlerz

teenindia_usa

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Where is Egghatcher ji!!! He is just making "Thankyou" posts!!!

However coming back to the topic. The issue of the egg vegetarian or non vegetarian is a fishy topic.Oh!! I remember merimaid ji when I say fishTongue!!!

Cheers,

Mythili

I agree, its indeed very knit picky and it all goes based on different belief systems, its really hard to say what is veg n not. I agree red meats  are and  were always considered as non-veg(those being beef and pork)

and nowdays in most countries,  turkey,  chicken and fish is non veg(though  there was a time as stated earlier in some parts of the world  such as europe these were also considered veg) I remember my mom  on  british airways being asked to have this as a veg choice and  was in shock LOL

Okay, In  health&science these are the classisfications we learnt and below is table classifying the differences.

Main varieties

There are many different practices of vegetarianism. The following table summarizes the practices of various different types of vegetarian diet:

• Foods allowed in the main vegetarian diets
Diet Name Meat (includes fish) Eggs Dairy
Lacto-ovo vegetarianism
No
Yes Yes
Lacto vegetarianism
No
No Yes
Ovo vegetarianism
No
Yes No
Veganism
No
No No

So in summary in some vegetarian diets eggs are allowed and considered as vegetarianism. ( u can search this on the net as well)

Here is an interesting article stating why eggs might be vegetarian(see if agree)

http://www.kingston.ac.uk/ksikhsoc/Articles/pdf/eggs.PDF

Now on soda issue, not sure if true or not i luckly dont drink it and to think that any traces of animal in it is kinda of gross! (though am non-veg would not want this in my liquids)Ouch

nice topicSmile

balh_luvr

IF-Dazzler

balh_luvr

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 11:26am | IP Logged
Namaste mera pyara Ahmed bhaiya very nice topic will answer the questions later but from what i have read I see both sides chalo tc aap ki gudia

Lovers Ka Love

IF-Rockerz

Lovers Ka Love

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Well , Can I give a Silly Answer.. LOL Wink
Egg Is Hatched By Hen , who is Non-Vegiterian....... So Egg is Non-Vegeterian LOL

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by guess_gallery

The scientific and medical research says that drinking Pepsi & Cola leads to cancer because the key element is taken from Pigs sausage.

According to a report published in Jordanian magazine, the head of Delhi University's Science and   Technology Center , Dr. Mangoshada scientifically proved that the key element in Pepsi and Cola contains extract from the intestines of Pig which causes cancer and other deadly diseases.

The Indian university conducted tests on the impact of drinking Pepsi and Coca Cola which proved that drinking them lead to more rapid heart rate and low pressure. Also drinking 6 bottles of Pepsi or Cola at a time causes instant death. It also contains chemicals such as carbonic and phosphoric acids, citric acid which harms teeth and causes bone fragility. Bones kept in the Cup of Pepsi melts during the week knowing that the bones of the dead remain in the grave for thirty years. Research itself confirmed that the calcium dissolved in Pepsi and it weakens the bladder, kidneys, kills the pancreatic, leads to diabetes and infectious diseases.

Credibility of scientific journals must be questioned .  there is a reason why we don;t publish in random journals WinkLOL.
chemicals such as carbomic acid and phoshoric acids and citric acids are components of body.
I would love to meet one person whose bone dissolved in coke Dead..
IT IS THE SUGAR IN COKE that does more harm, but which indian scientist is ever gonna say that Wink  ..  look at the sweets and the fat we consume.

Such so called scientifc reports are usually published and distributed by lobby against coke , pepsi.

Pig Intestines are consumed by several east  asians and others as delicacy.  some particular extract from them in miniscuous quantities causing cancer via consumption of coke is far-fetched.  It is caffein that alters heart rate when consumed in excess, again, it has nothing to do with soda.

IT IS BEST TO DRINK WATER instead of SODA, but bones don't dissolve in coke, and SUGAR in soda causes way more harm that carbonated water itself. 
They could ban Haldiram first Wink ,  and then get at Coke/ Pesi.. if they really care about health on Indian people.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 March 2007 at 3:27pm

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by guess_gallery

Hello Guys,

Hope all are fine.

I don't know weather this topic can be debated on. But, want to ask couple of things.

1)     Is Egg vegetarian or non vegetarian

Vegetarian if artificially incubated..produced.. non-veg otherwise.

2)      If it is vegetarian then mostly in pastries, cakes, biscuits etc.. egg is used.(I know for special occasion like birthday egg less cakes can be made but that will be specially ordered but what if you go out with friends and eat any where or it is served to you at your friends place).

3)     This one might me odd but want to know is soft drinks(Pepsi, Coca Cola) vegetarian or non vegetarian. vegetarian....

Note:- If some or the other way any on feeling offended then plz pm me will make this topic close.

Cheers,

Ahmed

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top