Page 2 Page 4

Kool Ahmed

IF-Rockerz

Kool Ahmed

-

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 1:07am | IP Logged

Hello Guys,

Hope all are fine.

I don't know weather this topic can be debated on. But, want to ask couple of things.

1)     Is Egg vegetarian or non vegetarian

2)      If it is vegetarian then mostly in pastries, cakes, biscuits etc.. egg is used.(I know for special occasion like birthday egg less cakes can be made but that will be specially ordered but what if you go out with friends and eat any where or it is served to you at your friends place).

3)     This one might me odd but want to know is soft drinks(Pepsi, Coca Cola) vegetarian or non vegetarian.

Note:- If some or the other way any on feeling offended then plz pm me will make this topic close.

Cheers,

Ahmed

Edited by guess_gallery - 17 March 2007 at 1:09am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Egg : Vegetarian or Non- Vegetarian" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Khaya

IF-Stunnerz

Khaya

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 2:05am | IP Logged
As far as I know vegetarians can eat egg... it is vegans who can't eat egg or drink milk. Soft drinks-well one of my friends is a vegetarian and she drinks soft drinks...

Edited by rukhaya - 17 March 2007 at 2:05am

Jia

IF-Rockerz

Jia

-

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 2:43am | IP Logged

Hey Ahmed...nice topic!!

1)     Is Egg vegetarian or non vegetarian non-veg

2)      If it is vegetarian then mostly in pastries, cakes, biscuits etc.. egg is used.(I know for special occasion like birthday egg less cakes can be made but that will be specially ordered but what if you go out with friends and eat any where or it is served to you at your friends place). yes, pure vegetarians normally ask for egg-less cakes

3)     This one might me odd but want to know is soft drinks(Pepsi, Coca Cola) vegetarian or non vegetarian. I think its veg...i don't think it has any non-veg extract, but I have never really read the labels w/ so much care or heard about anything in it. I though its just flavored soda....

Jia

IF-Rockerz

Jia

-

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 2:46am | IP Logged

Originally posted by rukhaya

As far as I know vegetarians can eat egg... it is vegans who can't eat egg or drink milk. Soft drinks-well one of my friends is a vegetarian and she drinks soft drinks...

ooo ok when i posted above I didn't know the difference b/w those two. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess then eggs is vegetarian. Is that because its not directly meat? But doesnt it eventually turn into meat......Confused

Anyways, I just googled out info on difference between vegetarian and vegan for those that are interested:

What's the difference between a vegetarian and a vegan?
Vegetarians, or lacto-ovo-vegetarians, do not eat any meat products, but they eat dairy products and eggs. Vegetarians need to know whether a product contains gelatine or other meat-based products. Vegans do not consume any animal products.

(http://www.foodcomm.org.uk/animal_veggie.htm)

manjujain

IF-Sizzlerz

manjujain

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 5:05am | IP Logged

Seeing things going in wrong direction, made me write on this topic.

I am jain & 100% vegetarian. According to our religion egg is not vegetarian. It's treated as non-vegetarian. Yes we don't eat pastries or even biscuits etc which has eggs or any shape/form of egg.

The difference between vegetarian & vegan as far as I know is, vegan don't take milk products and we do.

Soft drinks pepsi etc are vegetarian.

http://www.jainpushp.org/veggie.htm

Edited by manjujain - 17 March 2007 at 5:08am

souro

souro

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 6:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by guess_gallery

Hello Guys,

Hope all are fine.

I don't know weather this topic can be debated on. But, want to ask couple of things.

Non-vegetarian. It's the embryo or foetus of an animal, so it's NV.

2)      If it is vegetarian then mostly in pastries, cakes, biscuits etc.. egg is used.(I know for special occasion like birthday egg less cakes can be made but that will be specially ordered but what if you go out with friends and eat any where or it is served to you at your friends place).

Pure vegetarians usually take care about eating only egg-less cakes.

3)     This one might me odd but want to know is soft drinks(Pepsi, Coca Cola) vegetarian or non vegetarian.

Of course colas are veg. Don't know why you thought they maybe NV, so, would like to know your thoughts.

Kool Ahmed

IF-Rockerz

Kool Ahmed

-

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 6:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Hello Guys,

Hope all are fine.

Non-vegetarian. It's the embryo or foetus of an animal, so it's NV.

Pure vegetarians usually take care about eating only egg-less cakes.

Of course colas are veg. Don't know why you thought they maybe NV, so, would like to know your thoughts.

i dont have the link of this article...but got this one

The scientific and medical research says that drinking Pepsi & Cola leads to cancer because the key element is taken from Pigs sausage.

According to a report published in Jordanian magazine, the head of Delhi University's Science and   Technology Center , Dr. Mangoshada scientifically proved that the key element in Pepsi and Cola contains extract from the intestines of Pig which causes cancer and other deadly diseases.

The Indian university conducted tests on the impact of drinking Pepsi and Coca Cola which proved that drinking them lead to more rapid heart rate and low pressure. Also drinking 6 bottles of Pepsi or Cola at a time causes instant death. It also contains chemicals such as carbonic and phosphoric acids, citric acid which harms teeth and causes bone fragility. Bones kept in the Cup of Pepsi melts during the week knowing that the bones of the dead remain in the grave for thirty years. Research itself confirmed that the calcium dissolved in Pepsi and it weakens the bladder, kidneys, kills the pancreatic, leads to diabetes and infectious diseases.

teenindia_usa

IF-Sizzlerz

teenindia_usa

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 7:24am | IP Logged

Hello Guys,

Hope all are fine.

Note:- If some or the other way any on feeling offended then plz pm me will make this topic close.

Cheers,

Ahmed

I see no reason anyone will take offenseSmile
I agree with those that vegans are pure vegeterians as they do not eat any animal or milk products.

Though there are many classifications of vegeterians like in past those who ate fish n chicken were in european countries thought as vegeterian.

My mom who grew up in a veg household, however, some sisters after marriage do eat cakes with egg products,  but many who claim tobe pure veg do not consider them selves as non- veg because they eat  pasteries etc..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top