College & University

India-Forums

Should Schools have Uniform?

datspreets IF-Veteran Member
datspreets
datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 16 March 2007 at 11:41pm | IP Logged

In India most schools have uniforms. But in several other nations uniforms in schools are not compulsory.

Advantages of having uniform:

Sense of belonging among students Equality amongst students. No discrimination based on clothes a students can afford. Decent dressing is ensured
  1. Affordable

Disadvantages:

Uniforms aren't always very comfortable either design wise or cloth material they're made up of.
  1. Curbs individuality of students

Should Schools have Uniforms?

Leave your views about the same.

Edited by datspreets - 02 April 2007 at 10:53pm

datspreets IF-Veteran Member
datspreets
datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 19 March 2007 at 6:53am | IP Logged
I think every school should have a uniform. Not only do they instill a sense of belongingness, but it leaves hardly any scope for being discriminated on the basis of how expensive or fashionable your clothes are. Also, it ensures that students can be identified by their unifrom and represented well in inter-school events.

Also, it saves students from the huge task of deciding what to wear every day..lol...also it ensures that a decency is maintained in what students wera to school especially when it comes to girls...

Despite the disadvantages of uniforms like curbing freedom of expression and comfort quotient, unifroms are essential!
~*!Ripi!*~ IF-Rockerz
~*!Ripi!*~
~*!Ripi!*~

Posted: 19 March 2007 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
I think schols should have uniforms because then no one can make fun of what someone loks like and you don't have to worry about what you will wear to school. You will feel like you are a part of the school. I don't think colleges should have uniforms because i think you are old enough to choose what you want to wear.

I live in the U.S and have been wearing a uniform ever since i was in kg.

Edited by CRAZIE - 19 March 2007 at 7:21pm
*~Sapna~* IF-Veteran Member
*~Sapna~*
*~Sapna~*

Posted: 20 March 2007 at 10:20am | IP Logged

I would agree with u guys...I always had this problem of what to wear..I mean now that I am mature...I get my clothes ready the night before... so in the morning...I don't get late...but before...I would be so sleppy...yet trying to find out what to wear...so I hated it..
but on a serious note...I agree with the points that u guys have given and also that it is something that helps the child remember that he/she is there to study... not to show off her clothes...
in high school I had these girls telling me that they had to wake up early to get their makeup and stuff done... I mean its not a bad thing...but for school kids...I think there should be some set of ruels...

man I sound like an old person Cry

_Rainbow_ IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 March 2007 at 11:32am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
priyankap IF-Rockerz
priyankap
priyankap

Posted: 22 March 2007 at 11:23am | IP Logged
uniforms represent the skul wherever its students go...may it be ne sort of interzone competetion or ne thing..but..
im nt with this thinkin...

i hav always wantd to go in a skul wich had no unifprms wich was nt poss for me..as nw i hav comp my skul life jus nw... Wink
students r nt comfortable in their uniforms..cuz of its material..Imagine wear jeans uniform in here{ahmedabad}in summer..ya..it is so damn irrtitain..i used to wear it all thru my skul.......din me 3 baar nahana padta tha...ufff.

n the second thing is it is sooooo old fashiond ..aisa lagta u hav cum from sum 80's ka zamana.... LOL LOL LOL

no uniforms means freedom..freedom to wear clothes n shw wat u r!!wat's ur attitude towards life...

spiky
Tiya_I IF-Rockerz
Tiya_I
Tiya_I

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
in my school we have to wear uniform Ouch
kggk_fan01 IF-Dazzler
kggk_fan01
kggk_fan01

Posted: 25 March 2007 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
i would say schools shouldnt have uniforms. why should kids have to wear uniforms? sometimes its very uncomfortable and they get bored of wearing the same thing. i know it saves time in choosing clothes, but thats not the same for everyone. some people enjoy choosing their clothes and looking different Embarrassed

Go to top