Fashion and Beauty

Discussion of the Week: Brands of Makeup?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

gk_09

Global Moderator

gk_09

BollyCurry Buzzer, Crazy Creatives

Posted: 15 March 2007 at 9:08am | IP Logged

Hi Friends,

Today, we are starting our very first Discussion of the Week. Each week we will have a topic that our F&B Members can discuss about. So, let us start with our very very first topic.

All of the world we have many brand of make-up such as Revlon, Avon, Cover Girl etc. These brands vary from high prices to low prices, serving us with the same make up.

So, the question is that to make yourself look pretty, does the brand actually matter?

Afterall, we are just applying make-up not some supernatural mixture to make us prettier Embarrassed

Some other Questions:

Do you apply make-up everyday?
What brand do you use?
How long have you been using the brand?
Have your tried anyother brand?
If yes, do you feel they serve the same quality?

Please remember India-Forums COC while posting your views on this topic.

~ India-Forums Development Team ~ 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion of the Week: Brands of Makeup?" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 15 March 2007 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Do you apply make-up everyday?
Only Kajal

What brand do you use?
Etiude

Last 2 years

Yes a few

No they dont. They arnt gud at all. Atleast dey dunt suit on my skin. Dead

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 15 March 2007 at 7:58pm | IP Logged

So, the question is that to make yourself look pretty, does the brand actually matter? no..i really doesn't matter!!

Afterall, we are just applying make-up not some supernatural mixture to make us prettier Embarrassed

Some other Questions:

Do you apply make-up everyday? no..i just put fair and lovely to keep the skin soft and non-dry
What brand do you use? i really dont care!!EmbarrassedWink anything that works!! mostly covergirl and revlon
How long have you been using the brand? for about 3-4 years
Have your tried anyother brand? yea..but it didn't work!!Confused
If yes, do you feel they serve the same quality? nah..not really

~*Manshi*~

IF-Rockerz

~*Manshi*~

Posted: 16 March 2007 at 9:26am | IP Logged

Actually i had done a similar survey of cosmetics for my economics project of Consumer AwarenessBig smile

Do you apply make-up everyday?Yes, usually lipgloss, mascara

What brand do you use? Maybelline, Loreal, Revlon, Sheene, Colorbar, Garnier, Streetwear
How long have you been using the brand? Many years

Have your tried anyother brand? I only buy things from these brands as my skin is sensitive and rash easily ,if i use any local brands. I never compromise for my skin

If yes, do you feel they serve the same quality? No i get rashes

Really like this forumBig smile I love talking about make-up and beautyBig smile

goodkashish

IF-Rockerz

goodkashish

Posted: 16 March 2007 at 7:51pm | IP Logged

Do you apply make-up everyday?foundation, powder, eyeshadow, liner, mascara,eyebrow shadow. brush,lipstick and lipgloss

What brand do you use?loreal

How long have you been using the brand?3 years

Have your tried anyother brand?yes

If yes, do you feel they serve the same quality?no

Please remember India-Forums COC while posting your views on this topic.

~ India-Forums Development Team ~ 

[/QUOTE]

Tearšrops

Tearšrops

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
Do you apply make-up everyday? Most weekdays. Not much make up though.
What brand do you use? Different brands for different things. Bourjois, Estee Lauder, Clinique and No7 but not all my make up is branded only the stuff i use regularly like foundation and eyeliner etc
How long have you been using the brand? Most are 1/2 years or less
Have your tried anyother brand? Yes, I also have other low quality brands for eyeshadows and lip glosses etc
If yes, do you feel they serve the same quality? Some are differing in terms of quality. For example the high brands have better quality foundation. I'm not sure about eyeshadows i think they may serve the same quality but i don't really wear it is much only on big occasions.

bewafa

IF-Dazzler

bewafa

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 11:34pm | IP Logged

So, the question is that to make yourself look pretty, does the brand actually matter?

Yes the brand DOES matter...as you would expect the "better" the brand, the better the quality of ingredients used to make the product.

Some other Questions:

Do you apply make-up everyday? ahahaha!!! i RUN away from make-up! LOL but i apply lipgloss or vaselineLOL...and if i'm going to a party:...i apply eyeliner on the bottom lid [coz i dunno how to do it on the top LOL] and mascara....that's it!LOL

What brand do you use?
Lipgloss: napolean....and i had bought this unbranded one YEARS ago...and it was the BEST! sadly i cant find it anymore Ouch....
and eyeliner i think i use maybeline.....
and mascarra i think i use.....Christian Dior [i had to actually chekLOL]

um..Napolean for about a yr....
Maybeline for less than 1/2 yr
Christian Dior, for less than 1/2 yr

Yeh...i tried the Maybeline mascarra first...and that made my lashes all brittle and dry....
Lipgloss...ive tried Nivea....it aint great...Vaseline rocks! and then ive tried this Lip Conditioner...some "protection" thingo...that was pretty good....and then when i was in high school...unbranded lipgloss that rocked!

No...the Maybeline mascarra sucked!

But anyways, its your skin...so i think using superior products may be better for you in the long run....its best if u use the least amount of make-up though...for a healthier looking skin when you actually NEED it....aka middle age!

scarletteblue

IF-Sizzlerz

scarletteblue

Posted: 19 March 2007 at 7:51am | IP Logged

Some other Questions:

• Do you apply make-up everyday? Just eyeliner
  • What brand do you use? i really don't care what brand as long it won;t damage my skin....usually just use the one my mom usesEmbarrassed
  • How long have you been using the brand? ummm...about 1 an half years
  • Have your tried anyother brand? yes, actually i've tired various brands...butthe one i use right now has worked best for me
  • If yes, do you feel they serve the same quality? some of them do...but the one i use right now...is the best in my opinionBig smile

thnxx Gurpz...the questions were very interesting...great discussion!Smile

RachnaSmile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top