Ships in the HBP (SPOILERS!!!!)

*Rashmi* thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

I hope you got the SPOILER up there, but just incase you didn't, I'm warning you that this thread will contain spoilers about who starts dating in the books, etc. etc. If you haven't read HBP, continue at your own risk!!!

~

BE WARNED

~

*Squeals happily* Harry and Ginny!! I nearly fainted when I read that Harry was feeling annoyed because Ginny had to go off to find Dean. Actually, to tell you the truth, I think Harry's feelings towards her had been sort of... rushed. JKR hadn't really explained what happened over the Summer that resulted in a sharp turn of feelings. But, since I was waiting two years for this, I'm not complaining. I thought it was wayyyyyyyyyyyyy cute!! And I was grinning soooo broadly when Harry unexpectedly kissed Ginny, you would have thought it was me who was there and not Ginny (I wish, right). The ending when Harry tells Ginny that he doesn't want to see her anymore because he's afraid Voldemort might hurt her was soooooo Harryish. Of course you would expect Harry to do that. I could really see where he's coming from, but I think Ginny should stick with him, through-and-through. It's love he needs, right? He might as well just shut Ron and Hermione out of his lives too... oh wait, *clamps hand over mouth* let me not speak. But I was VERY satisfied with what JKR did to them! Go H/G!

Ron/Hermione... JKR's getting more obvious now, but I was pissed off that she didn't take it further. I mean yeah he did say "I love you, Hermione" but NOT the way I would have wanted him to say it. But the hints were so cute... Hermione getting jealous, and Ron getting disgruntled because Ginny said that Viktor and Hermione snogged. Ahh... I wish they'd hooked up though... but I guess it's something for me to look forward to in the 7th book.

Ron/Lavender... I was surprised. I mean, yeah, Ron should have some experience snogging before he moves on to Hermione (*sniggers*), but I didn't expect it quite that way. Lavender? And they were thrashing about like eels? (I think that's what Ginny said). I'm very sure Ron fancies Hermione, even though he might not know it yet (daft as he is), so I definitely didn't think he would be snogging Lavender THAT much. But all the better to get Hermione jealous, right? lol.

Remus/Tonks... I always thought of them together, but I didn't really pay much attention to them. Quite cool!

Bill/Fleur... I guess a lot of other things were going on while Fleur was trying to eemprove er eenglish *sniggers*. This was not totally unexpected... and Fleur's determination to stick with Bill even after what happened to him was quite touching.

Did I miss out a ship? Fill me in! And post your views on the ships mentioned! What did you guys think - did the couples you ship get together? Or was it a goner? Share your thoughts.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Athena90 thumbnail
read the book and share ur thought!
Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail
No never not Harry- Ginny. Ron shuld be with Lavender and HArry with Hermione.
*Rashmi* thumbnail

I'm believe Harry and Ginny are staying together for good, even though they might be apart just because of stubborn Harry - but that shows he really likes her, doesn't it? That he wants to keep her away from harm, that's why he doesn't want to associate himself with her. But that won't last long - not even halfway through the seventh book, if it even makes it that far. Ginny's a brave girl, she doesn't really care about Voldemort - she's quite ready to fight him. lol.

As for Harry and Hermione... no, I think JKR has made if quite obvious that nothing is going to happen between them. She's said it on countless occassions that their relationship is very platonic - meaning they're just friends. And I'm very sure Harry has felt brotherly towards her. He has never, not once, shown any attraction to Hermione.

As for Ron/Lavender, I just have one thing to say: eew. lol.

Hareem_M thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
lolz u 4got draco and *shudders* pansy parkingson.. god dat was a part i'd rather have not read...
Morgoth thumbnail

I think all the ships were well set up!

Another ship - Argus Filch/Madame Pince ..there were some hints on that...

[quote=*Rashmi*]And I was grinning soooo broadly when Harry unexpectedly kissed Ginny, you would have thought it was me who was there and not Ginny (I wish, right). [/quote]

Hehehe, I did a little victory dance!  

I was soooooooooo happy!

But, the Won Won thing was irritating as hell! 🤢

Lamasat thumbnail

Originally posted by: MysticaMagic

But, the Won Won thing was irritating as hell! 🤢

irritating but soo funny!

*Rashmi* thumbnail

Draco and Pansy... yeah, forgot about them!! LOL. It was not really disgusting, but seeing Draco lying on someone's lap... well let's just say that I didn't consider that Draco-ish. But he IS a sixteen year old, right? Can't blame him.

Yeahhh I noticed Madam Pince and Filch as well... just didn't think them that huge to mention... like when Harry says he always thought they had something going on... and then they were standing next to each other in someone's funeral... it kind of adds up. LOL I know, I did my little shipping dance as well! I mean, Harry/Hermione shippers were just so... delusional, to quote Emerson from MuggleNet.

Yeah Won Won was irritating but the first time I read that, I admit I cracked up TOTALLY. It was soooo funny! But then it got irritating... lol.

mumbai_masti thumbnail
nice work rashmi..........

but i too want H/Hr and R/any-ugly-girl-like-him 😆😆

😊

Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail

Originally posted by: mumbai_masti

nice work rashmi..........

but i too want H/Hr and R/any-ugly-girl-like-him 😆😆

😊

YA me too