Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 March 2007 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is obsession always bad?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 14 March 2007 at 2:21pm | IP Logged

Very nice post maya Big smile

Originally posted by Maya_M

We had discussed about Ego a while back http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=490787 .

Now moving on to another trait most of us possess, Obsession.

Momentary obsessions (or pretending to be obsessed for fun purpose) and addictions are part of life.  Yet if an obsession is serious, conspicuous to others since it occupies every nucleus of your functional brain and thoughts, then it is a pathological condition. 

I am not obsessed with anyone / anything.  Addicted to internet- Yes.

Are you obsessive about anything or any person?  

obsession uncontrolled --> obsessive compulsive behaviour --> therapy..

I make sure I don't obsess forever.. LOL So go in peace abhi..  (abhi B ofcourse Embarrassed Wink)

Is your obsession a hindrance in your daily routine?

Luckily, no!  That is the crazy obsession portrayed in wacko movies.   Some other person's obsession had hindered my life in the past however, that had to be dealt with by authoritative force Dead

Do you obsess to achieve something in life like obsessing about a person by yearning to be like him?

obsessing to achieve something- this can be positive Big smile if a dream is pursued well and one takes proactive steps to do so, instead of just obsessing over it

To go overboard with YEARNING to be like someone (alive and aroundDead) --> an intentional step into  blind worshipping / obsessive behaviour Confused

to YEARN be WITH someone / AROUND someone-->  desire to possess  -->  Harmful unless its a two-way traffic ConfusedConfusedOuch

all these should be controlled as the other person may not like it / it may affect him / her indirectly/even directly   unless it is reciprocated and then you may have a bond there. 

Eklavya was not obsessed with Dronacharya.. he was obsessed with being the best archer.  He never mentioned Dronacharya's name even to Dronacharya for that matter.  It was a silent prayer and a silent effort.

Ravan was obsessed with Sita- Look what happened !!

How far is obsession good for your success?

until it stays as a dream to pursue holding on to sanity,

(basically, as long as one does not breathe, speak, write, eat and drink the thoughts of someone else)

Have you ever realized that it is harming you and what did you do to overcome it?

If I were to be so obsessed with someone, I would make sure I was not in love with the person.  In the past, it was Nalin that I could not stop thinking about,..  and yes it was love . And yes, the obsession went away in natural course of time as it should have.  Heroes / Guides don't become obsession unless there is an element of attraction to it,  IMO.  

When you become somebody's obsession, may God forbid, you will know what to do ConfusedDead
The action you have to take against, depends on the quality, nature and extent and time span of a relation / friendship you shared.  Counselling, professional counselling and lastly, authoritative indulgence may be sought to restore peace.  It can be hurtful and a learning experience for both the individuals.  So best is to get out of their lives, before they start obsessing over you!!

Edited by mermaid_QT - 14 March 2007 at 5:24pm

bugs_bunny

IF-Rockerz

bugs_bunny

Posted: 14 March 2007 at 3:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

We had discussed about Ego a while back http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=490787 . Now moving on to another trait most of us possess, Obsession. Are you obsessive about anything or any person?

not really obsessed about anyone or anything.. i think there is a thin line between liking someone/something passionately for example and being obsessed. Obsession can become a very dangerous thing. so *touch wood* am not obsessed with anythign  

Is your obsession a hindrance in your daily routine?

But i am addicted to I-F.. a hindrance.? sometimes when there is lots of work to be done and im sitting on the net ot IF.!

Do you obsess to achieve something in life like obsessing about a person by yearning to be like him?

Honestly i think there is a diffrence between ADMIRING a person and yearning to be like them and obsessing about them. By obsession you are constantly thinking about them and i always have seen obsession as a dangerous thing .. maybe because of the portrayl of the some stuff on the TV!

How far is obsession good for your success? Have you ever realized that it is harming you and what did you do to overcome it?

Aagin.. not been obsessed by anyhitng yet. but sometimes it may drive you to success..at other times you may just forget about your goal of achieving and obsession can become a obstacle in your path to sucess!

Smile sorry if  ntn makes sense...

Edited by bugs_bunny - 14 March 2007 at 3:33pm

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 14 March 2007 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
ONe word for myself, YES!!

Obsession is bad!!! For me, getting stuck on a single thought is also obsession.....Most of the time I make a mountain out of a hill by thinking and rethinking about it!! Later, I realize how silly the matter is. Then I find myself amused for being an idiot. LOL

obsession about the past, about studies, grades, friends, etc..... access of everything and anything is bad.... (minus the devotion to god part, I guess LOL).... is dependence and sense of security an obsession, too? Confused LOL

In short, all is obsession, and you can also obsess about obsession, huh? Big smile LOL LOL

sorry ... am just toying with words...not really caring what is coming out. Embarrassed

Nice topic though!

Persy

mansvita

Groupbie

mansvita

Posted: 14 March 2007 at 6:39pm | IP Logged
Obsession is not good ..In hindi we say--"ati sarvtra verjyate"..So obsession is also form of it only and is not good at all for anything.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 14 March 2007 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
Good Topic! Making me think Tongue - am obessed with so many expressive thoughts right now.

Obsession is not always BAD, depends on what you are obessed with. I consider all my obsessions as being good for me.

PS - Just got back from work, after doing stuff am obessed with.. will add more in little bit.

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 14 March 2007 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
Nice topic!!!
We need to have balance in anything!!!
The important thing is defining that "balance",its highly relative ,differes from person to person!!!
cheers,
mythili

herifle

herifle

Posted: 14 March 2007 at 10:23pm | IP Logged

you can go to a foreign forum.in the community you can
get how the foreigners think about china.

***Edited the URL of advertised site***

Viewbie's Note: Advertising of sites on IF is strictly prohibited.

Edited by MNMS - 15 March 2007 at 12:01am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top