Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Being honest about affairs?

amreen1409 IF-Dazzler
amreen1409
amreen1409

Posted: 16 July 2005 at 12:23am | IP Logged
Suppose you were in a relationship before marriage, would you tell your spouse about it.. not knowing how they will react? Do you think they would accept you after all that and still trust you like before??

greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 16 July 2005 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
How would you classify affairs.  Is it affairs of the heart or of the body.  Which one is more important.  Which matters more... 

I beleive that every person lives their own life before and after marriage.  Marriage, in that sense, does not really change anything.  Besides affairs, one may do several important things in life before you meet your life partner.  What all would one disclose. 

If the situation and circumstances demand it, you must tell the truth.  But only if the situation so demands it and not otherwise.  
pj04 IF-Veteran Member
pj04
pj04

Posted: 16 July 2005 at 6:55pm | IP Logged
life before marraige is one without commitment to anyone. any relationship or affair that you had during that time cannot be considered cheating on your spouse perse and hence they require no explaination. however more than often the past has a way of intruding in the present and future, it might be wise to be honest with your spouse then,afterall two heads and two hearts are better at battling the past. most people are mature enough these days to not take premaritals of thier spouses to heart(unless ofcourse that affair is threatening to destroy everything the couple had together).
Rumi Goldie
Rumi
Rumi

Posted: 17 July 2005 at 1:20am | IP Logged
I agree with puja .anybody can have any affair in the past life. you didn't know your spouse at that time and so there was no commitment at that time. so it is better not to talk about that past to your spouse. it will spoil your present. live in present and enjoy the present life. Big smile
simi1295 Goldie
simi1295
simi1295

Posted: 18 July 2005 at 10:01am | IP Logged
i'd only tell my hubby if he asks me.  and i will also tell him that what happend b4 i was married has nothing to do with him.  but he wants to knw then yes i would be honest with him.  Clap
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top