Quality Vs Quantity?

Posted: 17 years ago

What is your take? and why - please explain?

I am guility of giving enough on my topics to get a views so keeping it short.

IMO - There is a balance  between the two. depending on situation is applicable.

Edited by raj5000 - 17 years ago

Nice topic!!

I've sooooooooooooooooooomuch to say on this topic!!

Cheers,

Mythili

Originally posted by raj5000

What is your take? and why - please explain?

I am guility of giving enough on my topics to get a views so keeping it short.

IMO - There is a balance  between the two. depending on situation is applicable.

IMO it depends on the situation. Everyone talks about the importance of quality over quantity. Agreed there are situations where quality is of primary importance. If you're making precision tools obviously quality matters morethan quantity. But sometimes people don't want quality as it always comes at a premium and the product maynot be of such importance to safety or accuracy, in that case it's always better to go for quantity over quality.

[quote=Myth]Nice topic!!

I've sooooooooooooooooooomuch to say on this topic!!

Cheers,

Mythili

[/quote]

Do i have to listen ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL what you have to say😲??? Myth its sunday....🤔 i need a break 😆 Anyways, Keep the quality work going on myth 😉
[quote=Uncle S]IMO it depends on the situation. Everyone talks about the importance of quality over quantity. Agreed there are situations where quality is of primary importance. If you're making precision tools obviously quality matters morethan quantity. But sometimes people don't want quality as it always comes at a premium and the product maynot be of such importance to safety or accuracy, in that case it's always better to go for quantity over quality.
[/quote]
Ask my papa about that! He used to be the chief tool designer of arms and armours..always talking about precision and accuracy. Then he switched to marketing and sales career... then again quality had a preference. Those who demand quality over quantity may be perfectionists 😕 .. Because i can procastinate over that perfect circle drawn by hand ........till wee hours of the morning and still didn't get the "quality"🤔 😆

Originally posted by My Baby Niece

[quote=Uncle S]IMO it depends on the situation. Everyone talks about the importance of quality over quantity. Agreed there are situations where quality is of primary importance. If you're making precision tools obviously quality matters morethan quantity. But sometimes people don't want quality as it always comes at a premium and the product maynot be of such importance to safety or accuracy, in that case it's always better to go for quantity over quality.
[/quote]
Ask my papa about that! He used to be the chief tool designer of arms and armours..always talking about precision and accuracy. Then he switched to marketing and sales career... then again quality had a preference. Those who demand quality over quantity may be perfectionists 😕 .. Because i can procastinate over that perfect circle drawn by hand ........till wee hours of the morning and still didn't get the "quality"🤔 😆

I know, in most of the reputed companies it's quality over quantity. But if you see the Chinese manufacturers, people don't expect or want much quality from them, just something that can serve it's purpose for the time being and then breakdown if it wants. Even some FMCG majors in India are all about quantity and very less about quality. Your father is absolutely right especially when it comes to his kind of job. Afterall what'll you do with a gun which fails to fire once out of ten times or one in every twenty guns manufactured is defective and somehow shoots the bullet backward (just like in those cartoons ain't it).

Edited by souro - 17 years ago
haha raj! what's happening here? this is so random!

food - quality matters when not dying of hunger, quantity matters when hungry

love - quality & quantity

profitable production - quality & quantity (i suppose)

clothes & accessories- depends on individuals- both, either, none

research data - quality and quantity

patient care reqd - quality 😆 for patient , quantity for doctors 😉

boyfriends/ girlfriends- quantity, husband/ wife - quality
(kidding)

# of children - quality 😆

yada yada yada

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
[quote=mqt]# of children - quality 😆 [/quote]

🤣🤣