Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 9:17pm | IP Logged

What is your take? and why - please explain?

I am guility of giving enough on my topics to get a views so keeping it short.

IMO - There is a balance  between the two. depending on situation is applicable.

Edited by raj5000 - 10 March 2007 at 9:23pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Quality Vs Quantity?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 9:48pm | IP Logged

Nice topic!!

I've sooooooooooooooooooomuch to say on this topic!!

Cheers,

Mythili

souro

souro

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

What is your take? and why - please explain?

I am guility of giving enough on my topics to get a views so keeping it short.

IMO - There is a balance  between the two. depending on situation is applicable.

IMO it depends on the situation. Everyone talks about the importance of quality over quantity. Agreed there are situations where quality is of primary importance. If you're making precision tools obviously quality matters morethan quantity. But sometimes people don't want quality as it always comes at a premium and the product maynot be of such importance to safety or accuracy, in that case it's always better to go for quantity over quality.

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Myth

Nice topic!!

I've sooooooooooooooooooomuch to say on this topic!!

Cheers,

Mythili

Do i have to listen ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL what you have to sayShocked??? Myth its sunday....Ermm i need a break LOL Anyways, Keep the quality work going on myth Wink

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Uncle S

IMO it depends on the situation. Everyone talks about the importance of quality over quantity. Agreed there are situations where quality is of primary importance. If you're making precision tools obviously quality matters morethan quantity. But sometimes people don't want quality as it always comes at a premium and the product maynot be of such importance to safety or accuracy, in that case it's always better to go for quantity over quality.

Ask my papa about that! He used to be the chief tool designer of arms and armours..always talking about precision and accuracy. Then he switched to marketing and sales career... then again quality had a preference. Those who demand quality over quantity may be perfectionists Confused .. Because i can procastinate over that perfect circle drawn by hand ........till wee hours of the morning and still didn't get the "quality"Ermm Ouch LOL

souro

souro

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 11:23pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by My Baby Niece

Originally posted by Uncle S

IMO it depends on the situation. Everyone talks about the importance of quality over quantity. Agreed there are situations where quality is of primary importance. If you're making precision tools obviously quality matters morethan quantity. But sometimes people don't want quality as it always comes at a premium and the product maynot be of such importance to safety or accuracy, in that case it's always better to go for quantity over quality.

Ask my papa about that! He used to be the chief tool designer of arms and armours..always talking about precision and accuracy. Then he switched to marketing and sales career... then again quality had a preference. Those who demand quality over quantity may be perfectionists Confused .. Because i can procastinate over that perfect circle drawn by hand ........till wee hours of the morning and still didn't get the "quality"Ermm Ouch LOL

I know, in most of the reputed companies it's quality over quantity. But if you see the Chinese manufacturers, people don't expect or want much quality from them, just something that can serve it's purpose for the time being and then breakdown if it wants. Even some FMCG majors in India are all about quantity and very less about quality. Your father is absolutely right especially when it comes to his kind of job. Afterall what'll you do with a gun which fails to fire once out of ten times or one in every twenty guns manufactured is defective and somehow shoots the bullet backward (just like in those cartoons ain't it).

Edited by souro - 10 March 2007 at 11:26pm

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 11 March 2007 at 12:56am | IP Logged
haha raj! what's happening here? this is so random!

food - quality matters when not dying of hunger, quantity matters when hungry

love - quality & quantity

profitable production - quality & quantity (i suppose)

clothes & accessories- depends on individuals- both, either, none

research data - quality and quantity

patient care reqd - quality LOL for patient , quantity for doctors Wink

boyfriends/ girlfriends- quantity, husband/ wife - quality
(kidding)

# of children - quality LOL

yada yada yada

Edited by mermaid_QT - 11 March 2007 at 12:57am

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 11 March 2007 at 1:18am | IP Logged