Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

lotty

lotty

Posted: 26 March 2007 at 7:30am | IP Logged
if i like the cover of trhe book maybe i'll pick it up
and read the summary .........but i neva buy any book
just bcoz of its beautiful cover

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Does the Book Cover matter? (Page 3)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

WoHaXItZxAaKi

IF-Rockerz

WoHaXItZxAaKi

Posted: 26 March 2007 at 5:46pm | IP Logged

TO ME! book cover definately matters..i understand the fact that the story might be great even though the cover isnt tht great..! but lyk u asked if i had two books one wid a good/catchy title and cover and one wid a OK kinda cover..! then iwould go fo' the catchy one..! then fo me...the quality of book matters more..and i love perfections abstract and all those..! and a better front cover...also gives you what you might see in the book! and i like that..i like to make predictionss..!! so ya..i would go fo the catchy one..! i wouldnt completely rely on the cover tho! :) but ya it definately plays a part on my reading! :]

sanya_s

sanya_s

Posted: 27 March 2007 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Yes..Nowadays there's so much attention given to the bookcover..somebooks just look so gorgeous..they seem to shout.."Pick Me", but appearances are sometimes deceptive, I have found quite a few books with attractive covers turn out trashy!
I too found the HarryPotter's cover totally unappealing..I remember it..My Dad picked it up for me from the library..and I remember thinking Yuck..Do I have to read it..It seemed too big also..but once I started reading I was completely hooked..and blessed my dad for having picked it up for me! But I wouldnt mind if HarryPotter got better covers..but its alright as long as the book is good!

Apsara.

IF-Dazzler

Chit Chat Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 29 March 2007 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

coolniyu

IF-Dazzler

coolniyu

Harry Potter Crossword winner

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 7:31am | IP Logged
Process of Shopping in a Bookstore(for me,atleast!)

1. First off,in a bookstore u get a beautiful view of every books spine LOL so i think the first most important thing is the title Tongue

2. Once you have a few books with good titles, you go through them and see their covers. Then you start looking at the back of each...acc. to which has the best cover TongueTongue

3.So you end up buying the books with good title,cover and summary...

end result? yes,covers are very important but titles are most important Wink and even though i dont really judge by covers, ultimately the only ones i pick up to have a closer look at are the ones with good titles/covers...but i still do give all a fair chance! i read summaries of many books before deciding which to buy~but then im extra excited abt it if it has a good cover!

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 31 March 2007 at 7:00am | IP Logged
^^^ girl's got a very very very good point!!!!!

pm4eva

IF-Dazzler

pm4eva

Posted: 02 April 2007 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
You can't really judge a book by it's cover but the cover is what attracts you! Like I was at the library and a bright pink novel stood out to me! I read the summary and found out it was a good book! But I couldn't look at every book on the sshelves and tell if it was a book I would be interested in! You can't judge a book by it's cover but the cover is what gets your attention!

shriyaroxxx

IF-Dazzler

shriyaroxxx

Posted: 22 April 2007 at 6:50am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Naughty_n_nice

Yes, but sometimes the thing is, the cover catches your eye and THEN you check out the matter... while the poor other bad cover book is ignored despite the cover.

But if there are 2 books, i'd pick the better one... It's just the catch-the-eye hitch Embarrassed

completely agree wid ya sam.... however much we may want to deny it, we jst cant.... d books in many ways do depend a lot on d cover Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top