Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

Naughty_n_nice

IF-Veteran Member

Naughty_n_nice

IFs Creative Head

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 4:05am | IP Logged

This really attracted me to pick it up and read the summary....!
I bought it, but this is from the net....

James Hadley Chase on the other hand, have very unattractive covers (nowadays atleast)... If I post the earlier ones, i'll get banned, but looking at the cover you wouldn't want to read it...

But the books are really very good@!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Does the Book Cover matter? (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Prenz~13

IF-Rockerz

Prenz~13

Posted: 18 March 2007 at 4:07am | IP Logged
Yes! I know I sound horrible, Ouch but book covers matter a lot to me! And no, I'm not really looking for a very flashy cover,but it should have something interesting on it. Whether it's the title,or anything.
Case in point: I picked out to read Inkheart,'coz i loved the cover. Today,Inheart is one of my favourite books! Embarrassed
And ya, I know the saying goes,"You can't judge a book by it's cover, but the fact is, a good cover always attracts people to buy a book.
Yup,it's our society which consists of materialistic minds,(including mine! LOL ) but it's true. Most of my friends pick books for solely this reason, ccoz of an interesting cover! Tongue

Nice topic Naina Di! Clap

Sadie.Saxton

IF-Rockerz

Sadie.Saxton

Posted: 19 March 2007 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
I admit to it that I ALWAYS judge a book by its cover.....if the cover of a
book is not attractive, I wont read it-no matter how many people
reccomend the book, or how many awards the book has won- if it has an
attractive cover, I will read it NO MATTER WHAT LOL

xmuqix

IF-Sizzlerz

xmuqix

Posted: 19 March 2007 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
well ye i do look at book covers sumtimes
buh most of the time, wen im searchin 4 a book, i read wot its bout
cuz u cud get nice covers, buh da book mite not b all dat good
so u can say i look at both Tongue

Naina_Manam

IF-Dazzler

Naina_Manam

Posted: 19 March 2007 at 10:36pm | IP Logged

This certainly caught my attention, though it was not the only reason as to why I picked that book.  I had reviews about it before hand and just went to get the book from the library. While looking for it, I suddenly saw this one and at that moment I knew this was the book I was looking for.

You all are right that it's not easy to disregard the importance of a book cover while looking for a book.  But I guess for a person like me who tends to read reviews and stuff about books before reading them, book covers don't really matter.

Though, I have to admit that if I was left in the library and on spot had to pick some books, I'd probably go for the ones with interesting book covers.Embarrassed

priyankap

IF-Rockerz

priyankap

Posted: 22 March 2007 at 11:39am | IP Logged
hardly do i read buks..!!!!!bt wenever i do so...i honestly dun judge it by its cover...either read the content ths given behind or ask a frnd whether she/he has read it or nt and if its interestin or nt???

ya its true the writer can suffer if u start judging it by it's cover...cuz if the cover is not so catchy his buks will hardly be sold...poor author LOL Wink

spiky

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 24 March 2007 at 5:03am | IP Logged

Well, I keep hearing from so many people that book covers really matter a lot to them.  Some people even say that they will only read a book if the cover is pretty and catchy.

I do think that the cover of the book is very important because generally in a book store thats what is important... and i am the type who buys as well as borrows from library equally so wen i enter a bookstore i look at the cover of the book before i pick it up

So, this is my question for you all, do you look at the cover and decide whether or not the book's worth reading?

Well, when a book has been recomended to me i dont bother with the cover but when i go to search, yes i first check out the title, then the cover and then turn it around for the summery...

If you're in library in front of two books, one with a very nice cover and the other not so much, which one would you pick?

Well, firstly in a library i dont look at cover cos most of them dont have a good cover so i pick it up and read the back... but when a book has a good cover, yes it will grab my attention as it will stand out and i will pick that one first to check out the summery at the back...

Do you really think it's fair to judge a book merely by its cover?

Frankly no! i know i go by it but also i read the back whether i like the cover or not so i really depends on what book it is... but to me the cover is a lot of iportance!!!

Isn't it disrespectful in regards to the author who works so hard on the story and then just due pasty cover, some readers shun the book?

Of course! i would hate that to be done wo one of my books!!!! but look at it this way... i like happy books. i dont read sad/ dark/angsty books. adventure, mystery and of course romance is my type... in that case i always expect a cheery cover for a cheery book... not that i want a book whee everything is happy, i want a book where everything ends happy. and if the author has gone through so much trouble writing it, as a reader she must be knowing the kind of things that make people pick a book and she should have her cover designed like that!!!!

kggk_fan01

IF-Dazzler

kggk_fan01

Posted: 25 March 2007 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
it depends. actually if i like the cover, i read the back to see if the stories interesting. i guess i could say the cover has some effect on what i read

Post Reply New Post

Go to top