Debate Mansion

Soul Searching...

persistence thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

'.........And Hansel said to Gretel,…let us drop these breadcrumbs…so that together we find our way home. Because losing our way would be the most cruel of things.'

"This year… I lost my way. And losing your way on a journey is unfortunate. But, losing your reason for the journey…is a fate more cruel. The journey lasted eight months. Sometimes I traveled alone…Sometimes, there were others who took the wheel…and took my heart. But when the destination was reached… it wasn't me who arrived…it wasn't me at all. And once you lose yourself, you have two choices: find the person you used to be…or lose that person completely. Because, sometimes, you have to step outside of the person you've been. And remember the person you were meant to be. The person you wanted to be. The person you are." ~ Cast of One Tree Hill

I came across the quote, courtesy a sweet friend. What are your thoughts on the above? Have you felt or experienced the same? Have you ever found yourself lost? Lost the reasons for going on? What about your purpose in life? Have you ever felt aimless?

If you do lose yourself on the way, how do you succeed in finding who you were or letting go, and becoming a new person? What if you like the new you, but miss certain ways about yourself, but can't bring youself to continue with what was once important for you? what about that it should still be important, yet you are not interested in pursuing anymore?

Your comments will offer valuable insight for my own life as well. So, I will appreciate if you could drop a line or two.

Thanks,
Persy

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Nice post👏

I will definetly post my views in detail!!

Wonderful post!!!

Cheers,

Mythili

persistence thumbnail

Originally posted by: swordfishh

Persy..... 🤗🤗

🤗 

NO reply, ria?😃 I wonder if I am shooting in the dark; nobody has faced such a dilemna?? people have mid-life crisis... I don't know what mine is yet.😆😆

Persy

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I agree with Tania. I don't have much experience in this matter so nothing much to say. Just wanted to add one thing, if you're happy with your present situation where's the need to go after the past. Remember the past for what it was not for what it could have been.

Take up Tania on her offer Persy, it'll be her treat. 😆

Edited by souro - 17 years ago
mermaid_QT thumbnail
great great post persy 👏 & very nice reply tan! I agree wnd will add a few thoughts.

Originally posted by: reeps

"This year… I lost my way. And losing your way on a journey is unfortunate. But, losing your reason for the journey…is a fate more cruel. The journey lasted eight months. Sometimes I traveled alone…Sometimes, there were others who took the wheel…and took my heart. But when the destination was reached… it wasn't me who arrived…it wasn't me at all. And once you lose yourself, you have two choices: find the person you used to be…or lose that person completely. Because, sometimes, you have to step outside of the person you've been. And remember the person you were meant to be. The person you wanted to be. The person you are." ~ Cast of One Tree Hill

I came across the quote, courtesy a sweet friend.

What are your thoughts on the above?

This is absolutely a part of life/ growing up.  Change is the only thing that is constant.  I do believe that there are some dreams and some criteria that make you the person who you are!   However, it is a priviledge for only the fortunate some, to know what they want to do, to know who they want to be and then to have the freedom and support to fullfill their desire.  However, there are many who wander through life, being somebody's someone, but nobody on their own and with no defined dreams set for themselves as an individual. 

I will take the CHANGE in a positive light for the people deprived of dreams!  It is good for them to step outside their shell, know who they are and then work on becoming SOMEBODY new.

Those who have the determination to follow certain dreams, may change / evolve on their journey- some for better, some for worse.. some changes are inevitable and most of the positive changes are absolutely welcome !  Sometimes, adveristies change people for the better👏, sometimes, people lose themselves. 

Have you felt or experienced the same?

Yes.. I have changed for better and for worse and I have changed some of my dreams while added more dreams to the older ones..
It is the most importnat thing to always KNOW yourself and keep track of the changes you see in yourself.  Knowing oneself at every stage is essential  because that essentially is your BREADCRUMBS TRAIL  to go back if you desire to / if at all you lose track and wish to return.

Have you ever found yourself lost? Lost the reasons for going on? What about your purpose in life? Have you ever felt aimless?

Absolutely never!  Reasons have changes and so has purpose every once in a while.  I am priviledged to have never been an aimless wanderer.

If you do lose yourself on the way, how do you succeed in finding who you were or letting go, and becoming a new person? What if you like the new you, but miss certain ways about yourself, but can't bring youself to continue with what was once important for you? what about that it should still be important, yet you are not interested in pursuing anymore?

This is exactly why I said it is the most important thing to KNOW YOURSELF at every stage.  It is also essential to assess the changes and the root causes / reasons behind those changes.  If you do that, you DON'T HAVE TO LET GO the GOOD person that you were.  If you only left behind your insecurities, bad habits, then  ofcourse never turn back.

People change goals and careers depending on their responsibilities and needs and one should not make hasty sacrifices they could repent in the long run.  When enough thinking and maturity goes into making certain decisions, even if you are leaving behind what mattered a lot at some point, you will have a more positive attitude towards the changes you newly embraced and hence no confusion / feeling of being LOST ..

Your comments will offer valuable insight for my own life as well. So, I will appreciate if you could drop a line or two.

Thanks,
Persy

Once again, what a brilliant post persy!

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
swordfishh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

🤗 

NO reply, ria?😃 I wonder if I am shooting in the dark; nobody has faced such a dilemna?? people have mid-life crisis... I don't know what mine is yet.😆😆

Persy

Reepsoooooooooooooooo ..... the thing is I am in the middle of such a dilemma too...!! There are times when start doubting the way ur heading. You are clueless whether ur right or wrong.. In such situations I remember wht my Grandmom once told me... Follow ur heart... and everything tht happens... Happens for ur own good. If ur lost just go in the direction ur heart tells u to go... Life is a circle... U can't help but reach the light in the end of the tunnel... 😃😛😊

swordfishh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

😃 Nice reply Tisha di...

persistence thumbnail
Thanks for the response Tisha and QT. I need to read the answers again to fully absorb them.

Tisha, treat sounds like fun; I don't drink coffee though. 😆

Ria, not sure my heart is being practical at the moment.

More later!

Persy
Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: swordfishh

Reepsoooooooooooooooo ..... the thing is I am in the middle of such a dilemma too...!! There are times when start doubting the way ur heading. You are clueless whether ur right or wrong.. In such situations I remember wht my Grandmom once told me... Follow ur heart... and everything tht happens... Happens for ur own good. If ur lost just go in the direction ur heart tells u to go... Life is a circle... U can't help but reach the light in the end of the tunnel... 😃😛😊

What if your heart is in a total mess itself then what do we do? 😕 

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

. What are your thoughts on the above?

Nice quote!!👏

Have you felt or experienced the same?

Several times!!

Have you ever found yourself lost?

Several times !!!

Lost the reasons for going on? What about your purpose in life? Have you ever felt aimless?

Never felt aimless!!! But felt bad for not being in the path of my aims!!

Temporarily we behave according to the situation but we try to get back to our our state!!!!

You can see my different phases in DM also!! I'm little bit funny,little bit reserved ,little bit philosophical person actually ;but later on I behaved very philosophically because I was tensed in office immensely because of severe workload and  in private life because of loss of my dear old friend!!Later on to cheer my self and the environment around me I became very jovial these days!!But the fact is I'm not that jovial I pose to be!! Hope I get back to my original state!!