Debate Mansion

   

Soul Searching...

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Joined: 11 August 2005

Posts: 1779

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 12:58am | IP Logged

'.........And Hansel said to Gretel,…let us drop these breadcrumbs…so that together we find our way home. Because losing our way would be the most cruel of things.'

"This year… I lost my way. And losing your way on a journey is unfortunate. But, losing your reason for the journey…is a fate more cruel. The journey lasted eight months. Sometimes I traveled alone…Sometimes, there were others who took the wheel…and took my heart. But when the destination was reached… it wasn't me who arrived…it wasn't me at all. And once you lose yourself, you have two choices: find the person you used to be…or lose that person completely. Because, sometimes, you have to step outside of the person you've been. And remember the person you were meant to be. The person you wanted to be. The person you are." ~ Cast of One Tree Hill

I came across the quote, courtesy a sweet friend. What are your thoughts on the above? Have you felt or experienced the same? Have you ever found yourself lost? Lost the reasons for going on? What about your purpose in life? Have you ever felt aimless?

If you do lose yourself on the way, how do you succeed in finding who you were or letting go, and becoming a new person? What if you like the new you, but miss certain ways about yourself, but can't bring youself to continue with what was once important for you? what about that it should still be important, yet you are not interested in pursuing anymore?

Your comments will offer valuable insight for my own life as well. So, I will appreciate if you could drop a line or two.

Thanks,
Persy


Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Soul Searching..." in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Joined: 23 August 2006

Posts: 3152

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 1:40am | IP Logged

Nice postClap

I will definetly post my views in detail!!

Wonderful post!!!

Cheers,

Mythili

swordfishh

IF-Dazzler

swordfishh

Joined: 28 April 2005

Posts: 3024

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
Persy..... HugHug

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Joined: 11 August 2005

Posts: 1779

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 5:11pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by swordfishh

Persy..... HugHug

Hug 

NO reply, ria?Big smile I wonder if I am shooting in the dark; nobody has faced such a dilemna?? people have mid-life crisis... I don't know what mine is yet.LOLLOL

Persy

souro

Moderator

souro

Joined: 27 January 2007

Posts: 13889

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tania.ganguly

Originally posted by reeps

Persy dear,

Nice post. I get the feeling we should meet in the Starbucks on Main Street and have a chat. Coming back to your post, here's my experience.

What are your thoughts on the above?

We are humans with emotions. Not everytime it is possible to be focussed on what our destination is .Life's journey and its experiences change us and what we thought was our goal may not be our goal at all.

Have you felt or experienced the same?

Definitely.Its what makes us what we are.The experiences in life's journey.

 Have you ever found yourself lost? Lost the reasons for going on? What about your purpose in life? Have you ever felt aimless?

Yes , many a times.Sometimes goals and purposes get lost when life gets complicated and we feel we are losing control of where we are going.

If you do lose yourself on the way, how do you succeed in finding who you were or letting go, and becoming a new person?

Self study once a few years is important. It gives us time and insight on what is important and what is new and old; kind of like matching a balance sheet at the end of the year.

 What if you like the new you, but miss certain ways about yourself, but can't bring youself to continue with what was once important for you?

Embrace the new, the old will become a distant memory and become a part of new you.

what about that it should still be important, yet you are not interested in pursuing anymore?

If it is important for you, you will pursue it. You judge what is important for you, not because others think so

Your comments will offer valuable insight for my own life as well. So, I will appreciate if you could drop a line or two.

Thanks,
Persy

Persy, Hope this helps.

Take careSmile

Tisha


I agree with Tania. I don't have much experience in this matter so nothing much to say. Just wanted to add one thing, if you're happy with your present situation where's the need to go after the past. Remember the past for what it was not for what it could have been.

Take up Tania on her offer Persy, it'll be her treat. LOL

 



Edited by souro - 10 March 2007 at 11:11pm

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Joined: 25 September 2005

Posts: 11613

Posted: 11 March 2007 at 1:20am | IP Logged
great great post persy Clap & very nice reply tan! I agree wnd will add a few thoughts.

Originally posted by reeps


"This year… I lost my way. And losing your way on a journey is unfortunate. But, losing your reason for the journey…is a fate more cruel. The journey lasted eight months. Sometimes I traveled alone…Sometimes, there were others who took the wheel…and took my heart. But when the destination was reached… it wasn't me who arrived…it wasn't me at all. And once you lose yourself, you have two choices: find the person you used to be…or lose that person completely. Because, sometimes, you have to step outside of the person you've been. And remember the person you were meant to be. The person you wanted to be. The person you are." ~ Cast of One Tree Hill

I came across the quote, courtesy a sweet friend.

What are your thoughts on the above?

This is absolutely a part of life/ growing up.  Change is the only thing that is constant.  I do believe that there are some dreams and some criteria that make you the person who you are!   However, it is a priviledge for only the fortunate some, to know what they want to do, to know who they want to be and then to have the freedom and support to fullfill their desire.  However, there are many who wander through life, being somebody's someone, but nobody on their own and with no defined dreams set for themselves as an individual. 

I will take the CHANGE in a positive light for the people deprived of dreams!  It is good for them to step outside their shell, know who they are and then work on becoming SOMEBODY new.

Those who have the determination to follow certain dreams, may change / evolve on their journey- some for better, some for worse.. some changes are inevitable and most of the positive changes are absolutely welcome !  Sometimes, adveristies change people for the betterClap, sometimes, people lose themselves. 

Have you felt or experienced the same?

Yes.. I have changed for better and for worse and I have changed some of my dreams while added more dreams to the older ones..
It is the most importnat thing to always KNOW yourself and keep track of the changes you see in yourself.  Knowing oneself at every stage is essential  because that essentially is your BREADCRUMBS TRAIL  to go back if you desire to / if at all you lose track and wish to return.

Have you ever found yourself lost? Lost the reasons for going on? What about your purpose in life? Have you ever felt aimless?

Absolutely never!  Reasons have changes and so has purpose every once in a while.  I am priviledged to have never been an aimless wanderer.

If you do lose yourself on the way, how do you succeed in finding who you were or letting go, and becoming a new person? What if you like the new you, but miss certain ways about yourself, but can't bring youself to continue with what was once important for you? what about that it should still be important, yet you are not interested in pursuing anymore?

This is exactly why I said it is the most important thing to KNOW YOURSELF at every stage.  It is also essential to assess the changes and the root causes / reasons behind those changes.  If you do that, you DON'T HAVE TO LET GO the GOOD person that you were.  If you only left behind your insecurities, bad habits, then  ofcourse never turn back.

People change goals and careers depending on their responsibilities and needs and one should not make hasty sacrifices they could repent in the long run.  When enough thinking and maturity goes into making certain decisions, even if you are leaving behind what mattered a lot at some point, you will have a more positive attitude towards the changes you newly embraced and hence no confusion / feeling of being LOST ..

Your comments will offer valuable insight for my own life as well. So, I will appreciate if you could drop a line or two.

Thanks,
Persy

Once again, what a brilliant post persy!



Edited by mermaid_QT - 11 March 2007 at 1:23am

swordfishh

IF-Dazzler

swordfishh

Joined: 28 April 2005

Posts: 3024

Posted: 11 March 2007 at 3:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by reeps

Originally posted by swordfishh

Persy..... HugHug

Hug 

NO reply, ria?Big smile I wonder if I am shooting in the dark; nobody has faced such a dilemna?? people have mid-life crisis... I don't know what mine is yet.LOLLOL

Persy

Reepsoooooooooooooooo ..... the thing is I am in the middle of such a dilemma too...!! There are times when start doubting the way ur heading. You are clueless whether ur right or wrong.. In such situations I remember wht my Grandmom once told me... Follow ur heart... and everything tht happens... Happens for ur own good. If ur lost just go in the direction ur heart tells u to go... Life is a circle... U can't help but reach the light in the end of the tunnel... Big smileTongueSmile

swordfishh

IF-Dazzler

swordfishh

Joined: 28 April 2005

Posts: 3024

Posted: 11 March 2007 at 4:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tania.ganguly

Originally posted by reeps

Persy dear,

Nice post. I get the feeling we should meet in the Starbucks on Main Street and have a chat. Coming back to your post, here's my experience.

What are your thoughts on the above?

We are humans with emotions. Not everytime it is possible to be focussed on what our destination is .Life's journey and its experiences change us and what we thought was our goal may not be our goal at all.

Have you felt or experienced the same?

Definitely.Its what makes us what we are.The experiences in life's journey.

 Have you ever found yourself lost? Lost the reasons for going on? What about your purpose in life? Have you ever felt aimless?

Yes , many a times.Sometimes goals and purposes get lost when life gets complicated and we feel we are losing control of where we are going.

If you do lose yourself on the way, how do you succeed in finding who you were or letting go, and becoming a new person?

Self study once a few years is important. It gives us time and insight on what is important and what is new and old; kind of like matching a balance sheet at the end of the year.

 What if you like the new you, but miss certain ways about yourself, but can't bring youself to continue with what was once important for you?

Embrace the new, the old will become a distant memory and become a part of new you.

what about that it should still be important, yet you are not interested in pursuing anymore?

If it is important for you, you will pursue it. You judge what is important for you, not because others think so

Your comments will offer valuable insight for my own life as well. So, I will appreciate if you could drop a line or two.

Thanks,
Persy

Persy, Hope this helps.

Take careSmile

Tisha


Big smile Nice reply Tisha di...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Singer's song should touch thy soul ?

2

raj5000 12 1051 03 September 2008 at 2:59pm
By amsjms
Influencing your soul mate Morning_Dew 8 740 06 December 2007 at 10:13pm
By Vinzy
India's Soul changabula 6 430 10 April 2007 at 6:32pm
By Gauri_3

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.