CKBHI Articles Archive: No Comments - Page 3

Posted: 16 years ago
Affair Tak thik hai…

Rakhi Sawant is known for her bold and straight forward behaviour. She is not one to hide her personal life from the public and everyone is aware she is seeing choreographer Abhishek Awasthi. However, when she was asked about settling down with Abhishek, the bombshell says that she is "not sure".

Rakhi Sawant says, she is "not sure I don't know whether I will be marrying Abhishek or someone else. Right now I don't want to think about it at all because my career has just blossomed. I want to concentrate totally on my career. I want to prove myself first before getting into married life." says Rakhi.

The item tem girl is not a big fan of marriage:
"After marriage, a boy takes his wife for granted. He stops respecting her. He starts thinking that because she has married me I have the liberty to do what ever I feel like. I feel that the love between a couple reduces after marriage. It's not like I am against marriage. I may consider it at some point in my life.

Rakhi has shot for an episode of Koffee with Karan. There she speaks about her item girl status and how her image distanced her from her parents. She talks about her childhood, dreams, career and family.

Sawant says she "felt deeply honored when I was called for the episode. I felt like one of the stars who are dressed up in Manish Malhotra's designs and are treated with respect."

http://www.indya.com/news/rakhi_affair.html
Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 16 years ago

Its very rare. But our Rakhi Sawant is one woman no one can compete with. And exactly that's what happened on the sets of 'Koffee with Karan' where the director was clean bowled by 'bindaas' babe Rakhi.

For the first time in his show, the director with K fixation has to speak in Hindi. One can guess how much pain would it have been for Karan.

And the best part was her co-guest on the show - Carol Gracious. Once her biggest rival and enemy in 'Big Boss', Carol and Rakhi got along very well.

Looking absolutely stunning in a sari designed by Manish Malhotra, Rakhi sizzled on the show in true sense. She was her usual straightforward self, answering Karan's questions without batting an eyelid!

For a change, she talked at length about her family, her boyfriend, her fans and of course the controversy with Mika! She confesses on the show that '
Botox is the secret of her beauty'. And if that wasnt enough, she also sang a song from her latest album "Supergirl"!

Rakhi Sawant also left K Jo speechless by saying, "Mein bacche nahi paida karoongi aur na mein shaadi karoongi!"

One also witnessed the emotional side of Rakhi as she broke down on the show, while talking about how her "item girl" image, which was created by the media, spoilt her relationship with her parents and family.

When Karan asked her about the reality show she participated in, in which she was locked into the house with celebrity-inmates for 3 months, she shudders at the very thought and told him that she had no idea what she was in for, but she also admits that the show changed her life!

www.santabanta.com

"Karan's Koffee with Rakhi Sawant"

She's truly a household name! Whether she went about it the right way or the wrong way, no one has the right to judge… because at the end of the day, her popularity is unprecedented. Ridicule her… Mock her… Love her… whatever you do, you can't ignore her! Karan's guest this week is none other than everybody's favorite- Rakhi Sawant! Also joining her toward the end of the show are her close friends- the very gracious, Carol Gracious and Aashiqui boy, Rahul Roy… For the first time ever, Karan hosts his show in pure 'Hindi' and for the first time ever; a guest manages to leave him speechless!

Looking absolutely stunning in a sari designed by Manish Malhotra, Rakhi sizzles on the show. She is her usual straightforward self, answering Karan's questions without batting an eyelid! Watch her talk about her family, her boyfriend, her fans and of course the controversy with Mika! She confesses on the show that 'Botox is the secret of her beauty'… and brings the house down by singing a song from her latest album "Supergirl"! Discover her emotional side as she breaks down on the show, while talking about how her "item girl" image, which was created by the media, spoilt her relationship with her parents and family.

When Karan asks her about the reality show she participated in, in which she was locked into the house with celebrity-inmates for 3 months, she shudders at the very thought and tells him that she had no idea what she was in for but she also admits that the show changed her life! She talks about how she unintentionally falls into controversies and is so often misunderstood like for instance when she went to jail to donate computers to the prisoners!

Rakhi is a treat to watch especially in the rapid fire round as she answers questions thrown in by the audience and by Karan, with lan and in her true original style! If she was lost in a deserted island, which 3 men would she take with her and what would she do with each of them? What is her reaction on Mika's music video on the 'infamous' kiss? Which Bollywood director would she like to work with? How does she maintain her gorgeous, voluptuous, sexy body? If she was in charge of the Indian Cricket team, what would she do? No prizes for guessing if Rakhi takes the hamper home or not!!!

Excerpts from the interview:

How do you feel being on the show?
Mujhe bahut accha lag raha hai. Mein bahut accha feel kar rahi hu, Manish ki sari pehen kar!

Manish Malhotra ka sari pehena hai aapne?
Mujhe bahut accha lag raha hai with the earrings, with the good bracelet and good purse! (Laughs)

To poore set ho?
Haa! Mujhe aisa lag raha hai mein Sushmita Sen, Rani Mukherji, Preity Zinta, Kajol lag rahi hoon philhaal! Mujhe aisa feel ho raha hai andar se!

Aapka mention bahut baar ho chukka hain, is season mein!
Haan meine dekha hai! Kiseene bahut accha response diya, kisine kuch aur kaha… chalte rehta hai! No problem.

Bachpan se aap sensational ho?
Haan! Matlab straightforward hoon! Jo bhi hain clear baat karti hoon, mere dil mein jo hain mein keh deti hoon. Isiliye mere daddy aur mummy ko mein pasand nahi hoon.

Yeh jo "Diplomatic" shabd hai that you don't understand at all!
Haan, pehle mujhe samajh mein nahi aata tha ki yeh shabd kya hain. Meine hamesha aise hi zindagi guzaari hai. Jaise school mein, college mein bhi first year hi kiya hain meine. Zyaada padi-likhi nahi hoon mein because middle-class families mein kuch problems hote hain Karan! Zindagi mein bahut sari cheezein hai jo face karni padti hai.

Jaise kya face kiya hai aapne?
Of course mein ek middle-class family se hoon. Mujhe isse koi gile-shikwe nahi hain.

Bahut difficult raha hain, yeh struggle?
Bahut kam umar mein, jab mein dus saal ki thi, mere father ne hum log ko chodh diya tha aur kaha ki apni zindagi khud jee lo. Phir saara zimma mujhpe aa gaya. Meri education bhi zyada nahi ho paai, because zimmedari aa gayi mujhmein.

To brother, sister in sabko mujhe sambhalna pada. Aur inko sambhaalne ke chakkar mein apni zindagi bhool gayi mein. Aur aaj mein main lead mein aa sakti thi . Film industry mein actress banne ke liye zaroori nahi hain ki tum English bol sako.

Jee, bilkul nahi. Hindi cinema hain!

Definitely. Talented hona, accha dance, acchi acting karna zaroori hain. Zaroori nahi hain ki tum bahut acchi English bolo to hi aap star ban paaoge. I don't think so! But in sab chakkaro mein thodi peechein reh gayi.

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k7/apr/25apr/news_rakhi.php

'Mein bacche nahi paida karoongi aur nahi main shaadi karoongi!'

SHOWBUZZ NETWORK | Friday, April 27, 2007 10:34:48 IST

She is truly a household name. Whether she went about it the right way or the wrong way, no one has the right to judge, because at the end of the day, her popularity is unprecedented.

She is truly a household name. Whether she went about it the right way or the wrong way, no one has the right to judge, because at the end of the day, her popularity is unprecedented. Karan's guest this week is none other than everybody's favorite- Rakhi Sawant! Also joining her toward the end of the show are her close friends- the very gracious, Carol Gracious and Aashiqui boy, Rahul Roy.
Discover her emotional side as she breaks down on the show, while talking about how her 'item girl' image, created by the media spoilt her relationship with her family. She talks about how she unintentionally falls into controversies and is so often misunderstood like for instance, when she went to jail to donate computers to the prisoners!

Excerpts from the interview:

Manish Malhotra ka sari pehena hai aapne?

Mujhe bahut accha lag raha hai with the earrings, with the good bracelet and good purse! (Laughs)

To poore set ho?
Haa! Mujhe aisa lag raha hai mein Sushmita Sen, Rani Mukherji, Preity Zinta, Kajol lag rahi hoon philhaal! Mujhe aisa feel ho raha hai andar se!
Aapka mention bahut baar ho chukka hain, is season mein!

Bachpan se aap sensational ho?
Haan! Matlab straightforward hoon! Jo bhi hain clear baat karti hoon, mere dil mein jo hain mein keh deti hoon. Isiliye mere daddy aur mummy ko mein pasand nahi hoon.

Jaise kya face kiya hai aapne?
Of course mein ek middle-class family se hoon. Mujhe isse koi gile-shikwe nahi hain.
Tune in to an exciting episode this week, as Karan chats up with Rakhi Sawant this Sunday, April 29 at 9 p.m. on 'Koffee with Karan' exclusively on Star One and Star World.

http://www.cybernoon.com/DisplayArticle.asp?section=xtras&am p;subsection=showbuzz&xfile=April2007_tvtrack_standard36 3&child=tvtrack

Rakhi booked for bathtub scene on TV

Item girl Rakhi Sawant just can't stay out of controversies. As soon as one dies out, it's time for a new one. Recently Rakhi was seen on a TV show that was being shot at the actress' home.

A segment on the show which showed a bath tub in Rakhi's house that has been placed against the background of a statue of Lord Buddha. As a result a case has been registered against her in Amaravati district of Maharashtra for allegedly hurting the religious sentiments of Buddhists.

Rakhi who is unwell right now responded to our query through her close friend Abhishek. "Rakhi's house has every God you can think of. We have Durga, Jesus, Buddha… everyone. In fact every corner of Rakhi's house has some statue or the other. When the people from the TV station came they wanted to shoot her entire house. The part that they are mentioning that she was in a tub before a statue has been blown out of proportion. First and foremost the tub which is like a jacuzzi isn't even in a bathroom. It's a just in a room and is barely used. Secondly its not like Rakhi was actually soaking in it… She was properly dressed," explains Abhishek.

He adds that this is nothing but a ploy to gain publicity through Rakhi. "Everyone knows if you make a noise about Rakhi you will get media attention. Toh chalo pad jao uske peeche! Nothing that can offend anybody took place on that show. Shall I get a tape from the TV station to prove it? Why aren't they mentioning the fact that she has all Gods from different religions in her house? They only want some publicity - that's all!"

The case has been registered against her under section 295 of IPC (injuring or defiling place of worship, with intent to insult the religion of any class) at the Frezarpura police station in the district.

http://www.indya.com/news/rakhis_bathtub.html
Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 16 years ago

Die hard!

Whoever makes love to Rakhi Sawant's character in Buddha Mil Gaya, dies.

Rakhi Sawant's role in Buddha Mil Gaya seems to be tailor-made for her. The unstoppable Rakhi will be seen in a truly lethal avatar in Rahul Rawail's comedy. "Rakhi is this hot siren in the film. Anyone she makes love to simply collapses and dies. That's how hot she is in the film," says a source

Her victims in the film include Paresh Rawal, Vinay Pathak and Prem Chopra. "These are among her many victims who sleep with her character and simply fall dead to the ground," says the source.

Rawail thought of Rakhi for this character because she was the only actress who had the guts to play it. Apparently when the director narrated the role to her, she excitedly called up her boyfriend and said, "Pataa hai, main ek dhansoo role kar rahi hoon. Jisske saath soti hoon woh mar jaata hai (I am doing this fabulous role. Whoever I make love to, dies)."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=20070502024120315d81e51f

Rakhi makes Sanjay's day 

On Sunday's episode of Koffee With Karan, Rakhi Sawant singled out filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali for praise. "One filmmaker I really like is Sanjay Leela Bhansali," Rakhi enthused.

Tell it like it is: Rakhi Sawant

The endorsement of Sanjay's filmmaking acumen couldn't have been timelier. On Sunday, Sanjay was down with acute exhaustion.

Feeling low, he switched on to Karan's show and heard Rakhi talking about him. "It was so sweet! I think she's so spunky, lively, honest and straightforward. I really like that.

Coming from a very humble background myself, I share Rakhi's pride for one's roots and I don't give a damn about snobs," he says.

Recalling his invitation to Rakhi on the sets of his upcoming film Saawariya post her Bigg Boss stint, Sanjay says, "She lit up the set with her exuberance and won my heart."

When told that no bigwig from Bollywood was willing to share TV space with Rakhi, Sanjay ripostes, "Karan should've asked me. I'd have happily gone. If I can appear with Mallika (Sherawat), why not Rakhi?"

All hail the new King of 'Scorn'land! Oh, how we love his sense of humour!

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/may/156505.htm

Make Love to Rakhi… And Die!

By Subhash K Jha

The unstoppable Rakhi Sawant has been telling anyone who cares to listen that she's the main lead in Rahul Rawail's comedy Buddha Mil Gaya.

What she has been told to withhold is the fact that she plays the most lethal seductress ever seen on screen.

"Rakhi is this hot siren. Anyone whom she makes love to simply collapses and dies. That's how hot she is in the film," says a source

Apparently her victims in the film include Paresh Rawal, Vinay Pathak and Prem Chopra. "These are among her many victims who f…k the character and simply fall to the ground dead," says the source.

Rawail thought of Rakhi for this character because she was the only actress with the gumption to play it.

Apparently when the director narrated the role to Sawant she excitedly called up her boyfriend. " Pataa hai, main ek dhansoon role kar rahi hoon. Jisske saath soti hoon wohmar jaat hai," she squealed to her boyfriend over the phone.

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?catname=mirch%20masala

Rakhi wins Bhansali's heart...

Rakhi Sawant Makes Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Day By Subhash K Jha

On Koffee With Karan on Sunday the one person that Rakhi Sawant singled out for praise was filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali.

"I like your films, Karan. But the one filmmaker whom I really like is Sanjay Leela Bhansali," Rakhi enthused. The host couldn't agree more. "He's my favourite too," Karan answered.

The endorsement of Sanjay's filmmaking acumen couldn't have been more timely. On Sunday he was down with acute exhaustion.

Feeling low, Sanjay switched on to Karan's show. "And that's when I heard Rakhi talking about me. So sweet! I think she's so spunky, lively, honest and straightforward. 'Main jo hoon so hoon…' I really like that. Coming from a very humble background myself I share Rakhi's pride for my roots and a don't-give-a-dman disdain for snobs."

Sanjay recalls, "I had called Rakhi on the sets of Saawariya. She lit up the set with her exuberance."

In fact Saawariya has been an experience of many such spicy women for Sanjay. "Zohra Sehgal, Begum Para, Asha Sachdev, Rani….And Rakhi on the sets…I've had a ball. And Rakhi won my heart when I was feeling so low on Sunday."

When told that no bigwig from Bollywood was willing to share tv space with Rakhi Sanjay ripostes, "Karan should've asked me. I'd have happily gone. If I can appear with Mallika, why not Rakhi?"

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=14661
Mahasangram on Comedy Ka Badshash's grand finale

Comedy Ka Badshah Hasega India's grand finale will be telecast this Sunday (May 13) on Sony.

Rakhi Sawant and Raju Srivastava judge the show, and the final will also see the presence of celebrities like Anu Maliek, Rajpal Yadav, Sangita Ghosh, Divya Dutta, Karishma Tanna and Ali Asgar. Manini De and Suresh Menon are going to host this special episode.

Raju and his co-contestants from Laughter Challenge, Deepak Raja, Ehsan Qureshi are also going to add flavour to the show with their unique style of comedy.

The finale will be called Mahasangram and will have contestants from India and Pakistan.

Raju and Rakhi are both out of India, having already finished shooting for the episode. Rakhi is in the US for her film's shoot and Raju in U.A.E. for his stage shows.

We spoke to Sangita who said, "This is the first time that I'm attending any comedy show. I do not have time to watch such shows, but I really loved the experience. I performed on three songs – mayya mayya from Guru, title track of Bas Ek Pal and Golmaal. It was a very nice and warm experience. We all were in a chilled out mood."

She also had words of praise for Rakhi. "She is a very nice person, in total contrast to her public image. She is very down to earth and was cheering me for each song on which I performed. We had lots of fun on the sets, though I could not spend much time. According to me, comedy means something which can tickle your funny bone and basically makes you laugh."

During the show, Rajpal Yadav said, "Such programmes have given opportunity to many comedians, who never thought of buying a flat. Now because these comedy shows, they can dream of even building their own bungalow."

The show, which started three months back, is aired every from Friday at 9 pm on Sony.

http://www.indya.com/news/comedy_mahasangram.html