Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships
Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

India-Forums

Does love really exist?

Naina_Manam IF-Dazzler
Naina_Manam
Naina_Manam

Posted: 08 March 2007 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
This question has bothered me many times... Many times, I've just sat down with my cup of coffee/tea and think about whether or not love really exists.

And then I came to a decision that love doesn't exist. In today's technologically advanced world, no one cares about anyone genuinely anymore ... I though Love is something that people use to get their job done... People are way too selfish to truly love someone.

But the last weekend, a couple came over to my house. Since their arrival I've been forced to change my thoughts about it.

They are like in their mid 30s yet they were so romantic! Uncle kept giving Aunty compliments and he kept joking around with her.  We went to the mall and he clicked pictures giving her flowers and gifts. I was so touched by their love.

They had a love marriage and even though they don't have any kid, they are perfectly happy with their lives. 

Since then, I don't seem to decide whether or not love exists.. Seeing their relationship something tells me to believe in love but on the same time something tells me not to also.

I just don't seem to decide on any side anymore...

-Pinky- IF-Dazzler
-Pinky-
-Pinky-

Posted: 08 March 2007 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
ye si think it does..(can't believe i am saying thatLOL cuz i never really believed in love until now) but yes i think love does exists...but its not the kind they show in kj movies ..that kind of love doesn't happen in reality although ppl expect it to be (including me lolz) if u just look around you will find so many couples soo much in love..and that makes me believe it does exist Big smile i know there are so many other couples who just live with each other for their own selfish reasons..but that doesn't mean that love doesn't exist.ok nvm i make no sense lolz

Edited by -Pinky- - 08 March 2007 at 8:10pm
Naina_Manam IF-Dazzler
Naina_Manam
Naina_Manam

Posted: 08 March 2007 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Pinky-

ye si think it does..(can't believe i am saying thatLOL cuz i never really believed in love until now) but yes i think love does exists...but its not the kind they show in kj movies ..that kind of love doesn't happen in reality although ppl expect it to be (including me lolz) if u just look around you will find so many couples soo much in love..and that makes me believe it does exist Big smile i know there are so many other couples who just live with each other for their own selfish reasons..but that doesn't mean that love doesn't exist.ok nvm i make no sense lolz

No, Pinky, you do make sense... But the thing is that the most couples I have seen are together for one reason or the other but none of these reasons revolve around love.  Though, you're right I've seen some couples are so in love.. I just can't seem to decide still.. Just trying to make sense out of something. lols Embarrassed
dannyk IF-Veteran Member
dannyk
dannyk

Posted: 08 March 2007 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
Nice Topic Naina,

I think love to exist but that is rare ..

har kisiko nahi milta yaha pyar zindagi mai

i agree with u naina u will find many people they will be there with u whn they need you .. many time same thing happend with friends .. they are the people who call us as there friends and they are with us when they need us and then they forgot us and reappear again when they need us ..

but there are few other they are always with us .. like our parents or our bro or sis they didn't expect much from us but still they are with us when ever we need them .. they always help us without expecting anything from us .. so love do exist .. but everyone is not lucky enough to get it .

and now pinky u must have seen many couple moving out each other but every couple who is moving with other are really love each other .. there are with each other cause of some reason .. and now a days if u don't have bf or gf then ppl think this is big crime and then they choose some one .. this dose not mean they are in love .. but they spend some time together and then they come to know there partner is not the same one as they expected and then they brake off and move ahead to search for different partner ..

Edited by dannyk - 08 March 2007 at 9:35pm
kal-el IF-Sizzlerz
kal-el
kal-el

Posted: 09 March 2007 at 3:48am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Naina_Manam

This question has bothered me many times... Many times, I've just sat down with my cup of coffee/tea and think about whether or not love really exists.

And then I came to a decision that love doesn't exist. In today's technologically advanced world, no one cares about anyone genuinely anymore ... I though Love is something that people use to get their job done... People are way too selfish to truly love someone.

But the last weekend, a couple came over to my house. Since their arrival I've been forced to change my thoughts about it.

They are like in their mid 30s yet they were so romantic! Uncle kept giving Aunty compliments and he kept joking around with her.  We went to the mall and he clicked pictures giving her flowers and gifts. I was so touched by their love.

They had a love marriage and even though they don't have any kid, they are perfectly happy with their lives. 

Since then, I don't seem to decide whether or not love exists.. Seeing their relationship something tells me to believe in love but on the same time something tells me not to also.

I just don't seem to decide on any side anymore...

Love does exist, i was in love always an was always happy, i have always believed in love. the thing is some people will find it and some people wont i was lucky enough to find it but it was taken away from me but i always have i do an will believe in love exists

Naina_Manam IF-Dazzler
Naina_Manam
Naina_Manam

Posted: 09 March 2007 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
Hmm... I am reading different opinions here... I agree that our parents and friends do love us unconditionally and care for us.

But I was talking about the love that each of us hope to get someday. I also think that Movies have created an awesome image of love in our minds.

Movies make love an exceptional beautiful feeling and how two people can even die for each other. That's not true and very unbelievable for me to believe.

I still have hard time that people can really love each other for what they are ONLY and not how much they have or what they have.
*~Sapna~* IF-Veteran Member
*~Sapna~*
*~Sapna~*

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 9:38am | IP Logged
well love for partens and siblings r unconditional...but the love u r talking about...doesn't exist yaar..I mean the couple that u saw might be happy now...but see them when they have kids or a few yrs later...the love won't be same...its natural...it changes... liking someone makes us feel really good...its the best feeling ever...but chances of getting hurt is more...coz both of the ppl know that their love won't be the same forever...if really existed...ppl's love would never change...they would still love each other till like when r 60 or something...but thats not the case... so love doesn't exist...its something we make up to make ourself happy or sad...saying I am hurt because of love or something...everything is in our hand...
I used to think that I could never care about somebody as much as ppl talk about...but it happened...I did care about someone a lot... the feeling was very very sweet...can never ever forget it...but I would say that if it was the love that ppl talk about...then our love would be same all the time...but it got changed...not that I am gonna blame him...because maybe I was changed too... but it wasn't love...not the love that ppl talk about...that u can do whatever they ask for the person...
-Pinky- IF-Dazzler
-Pinky-
-Pinky-

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dannyk

and now pinky u must have seen many couple moving out each other but every couple who is moving with other are really love each other .. there are with each other cause of some reason .. and now a days if u don't have bf or gf then ppl think this is big crime and then they choose some one .. this dose not mean they are in love .. but they spend some time together and then they come to know there partner is not the same one as they expected and then they brake off and move ahead to search for different partner ..

well yes there are people who get a gf/bf just for the heck of it...but not everyone is like that.. Tongue some couples are genuinely in love

Go to top